Wednesday, January 30, 2013

FIRST DAY OF NEW ROUTINE

Righty Ho...today is the first day of a new routine in relation to taking Keera for her access visits with her father.

I proposed a new day and time.... so now the access visits will take place on a Wednesday or Thursday of each week.

That way no one's weekends are mucked up.

Today I will be picking Keera up and taking her to her Father over in Henderson for a 3.5 hour visit.  

Then next week we shall meet him at Sylvia Park for a 1 hour visit.

Hopefully this works well for all concerned.  And now it is easier on me too.  I was finding sitting in a stranger's house for 4.5 hours every second saturday a bit tedious.  And I got hungry!  lol

First off this morning though... I'm ducking down to the Medlab for that darn blood test.   I am not going to leave until it's DONE.

It's bad enough being needle phobic without having to sit and wait for ages... it gives me too much time to chicken out!

Before I go... photos for today (so far)..


ABOVE:  I wonder how long it will be before Dante's parents stop asking me to take photos at EVERY BATH TIME?   lol

ABOVE: not that I mind... and Stew ... well he's as soppy as me!  He clucks over his grandson all the time.  So cute.  Actually, my man would clucked over all of his grandbabies ... given the chance that is.

ABOVE:  boxes.  Bought for the new shelving in me sewing 'area'.  Can't wait to use them. 

Before I forget... my thoughts are with everyone across the ditch in Australia who are affected by the recent fires, and now the floods.
Makes my pathetic little house flood pale into insignificance.  I hope things ease up for those affected soon.

ONWARD...

BLOOD TEST DONE!  And OMG... I hardly felt a thing, that was probably the BEST blood test I've ever had!  The bloke who did it had a hell of a job even finding a vein, so I was half expecting several attempts with the needle but no, he got it right away.  So relieved.

4.06 pm.  It's been a long day!  Keera and I had a good visit over in Henderson.  She was a perfect little angel.

While I was over there, Lacy went to the Dr... she needed to sort out contraception.  Mid morning she text'd me and said she had 'something' to tell me, she was at the Dr's and she didn't know HOW she was going to tell me her "news"!!!

I nearly had a fit right there and then.... but instead I rang her.... my mind was thinking she was pregnant again ... or something was really wrong with her health!!!

She answered and laughed at me!  The shit was having me on... and she was NOT pregnant and her health was fine... grrrrrr!   I hung up on her... then started plotting my revenge.

Once I took Keera back to my house, where Lacy had spent the day after being at the Dr's... I said I had to go out to the Post Office... and left again.

I hot footed it over to Lacy's house, after I'd bought 12 rolls of toilet paper, and did this:




ABOVE:  I think you are supposed to use wet loo paper?  But I didn't.  It's not the best job I could have done, but it was too hot to muck around too much...  I threw full rolls up the hallway too... with big long streams of paper trailing ..... too funny!

ABOVE: When she opened her door she just stood there and hyperventilated... she thought she'd been robbed or something!

ABOVE:  then she rang Bex and told her what I'd done... and told her off too, even though she had nothing to do with it!

PAYBACK IS SUCH A BITCH!   At least she can USE the loo paper!   I'm NICE like that.

End of Day:  rather tired tonight.  I have felt really blah in fact.  Probably due to not sleeping well for a few nights in a row.  Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight.
nite nite.

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:14 AM

    Wot, they dont feed u? 4.5 hrs there without no grub? disgraceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for getting it over and done with. Hope the visit goes well for you.

    Kate (444)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have a hard time with giving blood. My veins roll or collapse, and it always takes several stabs to get it right.
    I used to give blood often, but it kept getting more and more painful till I quit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for getting the blood test done!
    Hope the new days for visits work out a lot better... can't believe that you sat in someones home for 4.5hrs without being offered a bite to eat! I would do that even to a stranger - even just a cuppa and a biscuit!
    Love your new storage boxes - very jealous indeed! :)
    And we can never get sick of photos of your beautiful grandbabies! They are all delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh but babes grow so fast and being their first they want pictures of everything as you do, and luckily you are geat at that!!!! when I get bloods done they use the finest grade needle available I have deepset veins and I even once manhandled roughly the nurse whom was literally STABBING me with the friggin needle, SHE didn't last there long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know anything about the funding for these things but it sounds as if there is an ongoing issue with the Medlab in your area not being large enough to service the needs of the community? I only say that because in Dunedin and in Auckland (CBD) every time I have had to have a blood test or similar I have not waited more than a few minutes to be seen (the exception being the glucose fasting test, etc. when you have to wait regardless). It has been the same the couple of times I have been in Australia. I know waiting for a while is not the end of the world but if it makes you less likely to get it done it could be an issue for your community. It would make me less likely to find the time if it wasn't normally so quick. In the meantime, I'm glad you got it over and done with! My sister faints over needles. Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I did my diabetes test ( 3 times over 2 hours, the first sample was taken by a lady that was 'older' who didnt leave a mark. The next 2 by a younger lady who hurt and left major bruising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good compromise on the day change for Keera - to have to waste your whole Saturday schlepping from South to West Auckland just to sit awkwardly at some strangers house for several hours is silly.

    I hope they at least offer you some refreshments - do they eat lunch in front of you?

    Good on you for being brave and finally getting your injection - next time you should see if you can have the same person, he seems to be pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll see how that goes, I hope really well. I am assuming Lacy is coming too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:20 PM

    Haha, love it, definitely gave me the giggles, was great after a hard day at work :)

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:43 PM

    bahahahaha LOVE it Chris!!! Love the look on Lacy's face!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHA love the toilet paper trick - that will teach Miss Lacy to wind you up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classic.... love it !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the practical joke, and as always your photos are great. Well done for getting the blood test done - wish I was as brave!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't like getting needles in me. I'm told I'm a bleeder.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.