Monday, March 08, 2010

MOST VALUED PLAYER GOES TO....

We went to the Prizegiving last night... Our son's team won in their division... Mixed B Grade : National Netball Champs... and the Most Valued Player in that Division went to:

OUR SON!!!! Mike was totally unprepared to win that! He was gobsmacked to say the least, and I was so, so proud of him! He's a humble little bugger too.... never mind, I was jumping with joy for both of us! *smiles*

So after such an exciting few days.. it's back to ...NORMAL.

Normal being: kids to school, man to work and me to Patchwork Class this morning. After that there is a good deal of housework to be done... as per usual after a weekend. Lovely...

ONWARD.....
Today in Patchwork Class I was expecting to start on my Baby's Quilt.. but the lady who had promised me the pattern ''can't find it"... so I bought another little project so I would have something to do in class. It's a Table Runner called "Cupcakes" :


I have made the cupcakes! Now I have to applique' them on the background, do the borders... yadda, yadda, yadda. Now I am going to get on the net and try and find that pattern I really WANT to do!

I had this really long list of things I wanted to get done today... HA! I fell asleep at lunchtime didn't I? What a nana! So, bugger all got done. AND I haven't even thought of what I'm feeding the family tonight yet.... *sigh*.... but it won't be PIE. lol

HA HA! Forgot to do 'End of Day'! bit late now to say nite nite eh? lol

26 comments:

  1. How Cool! Good for Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A proud mummy moment...... have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Mike!! LOL you sound more excited than him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome for Mike and you should be proud, I would be too!!!

    Glad to read you had a great weekend,

    Makes all the difference doesnt it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww congratulations to you all on Mike's win.

    Normality is good - enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing the videos, it is like basketball. Very fast paced game. Yay for Mike!!! and his girl! Hope you have a lovely day and so glad you're rockin' it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY cool!!!!

    Congrats to Mike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda is right ... he does look like you (without the facial hair!)

    What a fabulous weekend you've had.

    I love the cupcake runner. Need to get my sewing back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!! Yes, he looks quietly overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Oooh I'm loving the cupcake runner thingy.... very nice indeed.

    Kate (kittie444@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Mike. Your cupcakes are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. And who said "white men can't JUMP!!!" ha he has proved that theory wrong!!! HOW cool for him! Jumping up and down surely must have burned calories TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting watching them win the netball finals AND Mike getting MVP, a great proud mummy moment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. O Congratulations to you and your "baby"!

    Why do you hate pockets so much?
    Because I am a Crooked person - I have a difficult time making those straight lines - STRAIGHT! I do a lot of talking to myself and hoping and praying and get my tongue wiggled every which way.AND I still get them crooked! It used to be the "neckbands" - but I am improving on them lately. So maybe there is hope for me and the pockets too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your son is cute! In S'pore, only girls play netball!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey they're cute. What's the pattern called. I'd love to make them for my sister. She's really into cupcakes at the moment. What pattern are you looking for.. ask a woman who has a few... and some!@

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to Mike and team. How proud you must be.
    Planned or not I love that cupcake runner.It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to Mike ...you must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done Mike and his team! In the UK Netball is a girl's game we play at school. But it is very popular and there are a lot of adult leagues. Loved the runner...

    ReplyDelete
  21. So nice to win something when it's not expected. Congrats to your son. And I understand about the afternoon nap. I think we should all be alloewd a siesta now and then. I've been feeling like one a lot laterly... will this winter never end? BTW, the cupcake runner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun and exciting weekend you've had. Congrats to Mike and his team for their big win - the "icing on the cupcake"! (Cheesy, I know :o)

    Good luck with the cupcake runner, and I hope you find the pattern that you really wanted to make. If you let me know what it is you're looking for, I'll look for it, too!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  23. What wonderful news, big congrats to Mike and the team. Love the new cupcake pattern. Keep up the great work on the low carb, your doing wonderful I'm sure you will see it on the scales too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats to Mike! The table runner is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats to your son and his team!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.