Sunday, March 21, 2010

HEADING HOME TODAY SOMETIME

Similar post to yesterday... I have 'forward' posted this update.

I can't say how the wedding was.... cos I am writing this on Friday! LOL

We will be spending today saying 'Bye' to my niece and family...

Then coming home...

Once we get home I will update properly! You will just have to come back later. Give me some love. It will have been a long, stressful weekend.... I've no doubt got a freaking headache. Knowing my luck.

ONWARD....

Right: we are home.

The Wedding: we were busily getting ready for the 3pm wedding in our motel room... at 2.25 the BRIDE rang us "Where the hell are you? The wedding was supposed to start at 2pm, we are all waiting for you?" O.M.G.! You have got to be joking??? NOPE. They had changed the time and forgotten to tell us.

So we literally jumped into our clothes and rushed down there with the Mother Of The Bride and the Wedding Cake !!!

Talk about DRAMA.
I was so stressed out I drunk a glass of wine... and without even knowing it my Mum's partner was refilling my glass.. and before I knew it I was quite pissed and felt sick as a dog. (seems I had about 3 glasses all up)

I was so sick in fact that Stew had to take me back to the motel BEFORE the dinner was served!

I at least got to see the wedding itself before I got ill. Pfffffft... I was in bed and sound asleep by 7.30pm. I was gutted. I still am. And I'm still feeling ill today... I think I got a bug or something, cos that much wine shouldn't have made me so ill?

On our drive home I got carsick. It has been an eventful weekend to say the least.

I will post photos tomorrow and the next day no doubt. I simply don't feel up to it today at all.

End of Day: lesson learnt.... wine does not LIKE ME... it makes me SICK.... I must NEVER drink it again. Full stop. End of Story.
And don't feel sorry for me... shit happens.
nite nite.

12 comments:

  1. Oh yay, methinks there is a story in pepsi soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,fun. But stressful! I am looking forward to hearing about the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so funny! :)

    Hope you DON'T have a headache and that you had a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don,t have a headache and the wedding eventually went off without any more dramss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your home safe and your headache goes away soon. Sometimes the best part of a trip is the coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh DUH I just read the wedding was in Whitianga THATS NOT via TAUPO now is it!!!!! I should have read betterer! I know that when you venture down our neck of the woods WE will eventually catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:43 PM

    Hello. And Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:52 PM

    It was probably some cheap and nasty kiwi wine that made you crook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!! Awwwww! I bet I am enjoying the story -reading it - much more than you did - living it!!!!!!! LOL - I cannot help myself! You make me think of one of my girlfriends back in our younger days - she always told me that she would die laughing -if I was ever hurt!So, I am having way too much fun with your suffering!That wine was really tricky!

    And, I just could not believe how many challenges that wedding had to pull off. I bet the memories will be 'burned" into all of your hearts - forever. LOL At least there will be good stories to tell the kids and grandkids , down the road. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wine tastes foul anyway. I stick with sparkling grape juice - tastes much nicer and no side effects - and people still think you're drinking alcohol half the time. I hope you are feeling heaps better after a good sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Chris, I'm sorry that you got sick. What a bummer. Hope you're feeling much better now. But if I had been in your shoes, I'd probably have done the same thing...I mean, to be late for a wedding (not your fault) and have everyone waiting for you is for sure a HUGE stresser! At least you didn't get physically sick (know what I mean?) at the wedding!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you got a boatload of drama out of this wedding. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.