Wednesday, March 24, 2010

OFF SHOPPING...

ABOVE: My sister and I.

Stew took my Mum and her partner to the airport this morning early.... then he went to work.

I am getting the kids off to school then heading over the harbour bridge to a fabric shop in Devonport.... to drool... and maybe buy some materials for the cot quilt.

THEN I am meeting up with one of my Aunts for lunch... so I'm expecting to have a nice day.

Need I even say it? PEPSI has been updated.

RETAIL THERAPY... here I come.

ONWARD...
ABOVE: it was a blustery, shower filled day at Devonport... These two photos are at Narrowneck Beach... in Devonport.
ABOVE: School children learning lifesaving.
I met up with my Aunty Joyce after my shopping for a lovely lunch together. That was nice. She gave me a really lovely 'mother hug'... which I really needed.
ABOVE: the white material (has wee hearts on it) is the background material for my baby quilt, and the stripe material is the sashings.
ABOVE: the materials for three of the blocks. This quilt is going to cost a small fortune to make!!!
Luckily I can spread it out over a few months.
Quite tired now... still a bit under the weather from the bug/food poisoning? How bloody long does it last??? Cos I am so over feeling ill. I thought I was coming right, but after lunch today... ikkkkkkk.
Kids are due home soon.. so might just lie down for half an hour....
Anonymous: ha ha you are so funny! Drink more water??? I don't drink ANY WATER .... EVER. I drink DIET COKE.
End of Day: a long day, didn't get much done around the house. What a shame. ha ha ha. nite nite.

10 comments:

  1. Hmm I know where you're going and I'm jealous. I'd rather do that than go to work.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was going to Devonport I used to leave one BLOCK away from the Naval base needless to say I know SOME of the layout of the base mainly the single quarters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I missed spying on the wedding. Everyone looked great and the set up pretty good too.

    Sorry you were sick. Definitely not wine ... I'm almost tee-total yet can handle 3 glasses without being sick, on occasion.

    Hmmmm! Devonport. Maybe that's where we'll end up next Monday. I'm aiming for very late lunch at the Viaduct and we're not due at the airport until 8 pm. Depends on how much city driving TWJ wants to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris - I wish you did live next door so I could share the fried pies with you.There is nothing as sweet as a friend.(No matter how far or how close they are!)HUM??? But , of course we would have to share the SNOW too! :)

    I can't wait to see if you found any treasures today while you were out?

    I loved the picture of you and your sister. Doesn't it amaze you how you can tell you both came from the same "Tree"??? Plus, having a sister that you get along with makes for a really special relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris! Sounds like my kind of day...shopping for fabric. Actually, I took my father- and brother-in-law to the airport today; they are going to Paris for a vacation. Then I went off to the fabric store to buy supplies for bags! So my day was a bit like yours.

    BTW, what does PEPSI mean? I'm assuming it's not the soda?! lol

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:10 PM

    Drink more water to flush your bug out. When I had "self-inflicted" food poisoning(from my own cooking mind you!), I had to drink alot of water to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:40 PM

    You're naughty Chris! You should drink water. (Nevermind what they say about what fish do in it!) Do you take your pills with diet coke too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. U make us working girls jealous with your shopping and your coffees!! I need to take a month off and come over and chill with you! Oh - and quilt, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear that you aren't quite done with the ick. Hopefully it will go away soon!

    The fabric is lovely. I can't wait to see the completed quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spent Monday night puking so I know how you feel :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.