Monday, May 06, 2024

MOVE IT....

 

Yesterday morning I got it in my head to move a few things around.

As.  I.  Do.

Sadly, there's not too much inside the house that I can move, certainly not much of the larger furniture .... cos it's actually just right the way it is.

But I can move small things around, which I did.

Then I decided I wanted to move the brazier...

ABOVE:  Ideally it should have been around the back by the seating area.  But because I didn't want ash from the wood ending up in the pool, we put it in the rockery, and never used it as intended.

BUT THEN, I had a light bulb moment!!!

I could put the 'fire rock' inside the brazier, and it would give that lovely burning fire effect, without the mess of burning wood!

Brilliant.

So then I had to wait for Steve to arrive, so we could both move it.

It weighs a tonne, and is certainly NOT a one person lift.

ABOVE:  So Steve duly arrived, and the two of us moved it around the back, to where I really wanted it.
We put chunks of wood and rocks inside the brazier, then the fire rock on top.


ABOVE: I love it, and I'm so happy we can now use it in the perfect spot.   Can you spot the Tuatara?  He's so cute.

I had planned on doing an FBG excursion today, a scenic walk here in Hamilton, but I actually overdid it yesterday.  I'm just not up to a 6-7 km walk today, particularly as it's got hills involved.
Me back is saying 'Yeah, NAH'. 
So instead, I'm going to go to the mall and do a few laps there.  Better than nothing.

I might also check out a couple of lighting shops.  We want to replace the manky old light/fan fitting in our bedroom.  The fan works, but it is noisy, and wonky as it spins.
I want to get a new light installed at the same time as the oven and cook top.  No point getting an electrician in twice eh. 

ONWARD...

11.25 am:  Just back from the mall.  Lacy joined me for a walk at Chartwell Square. It's such a lovely place to walk and talk.  We get to see lots going on, and it's not too hot or cold in there.
We counted 9 empty shops today!
That's a lot.
Hopefully they get leased soon, cos it isn't a good look.

ABOVE:  Bearing in mind my walking app does not record the distance correctly while inside the mall... we walked for an hour.  Probably covered a distance of about 5 kms?  We were not walking super fast.

ABOVE: Fun photos today. Luckily, neither Lacy or I give a diddly squat what anyone thinks of us sitting on a kids ride! lol  😂😉😊  In fact, some people smiled at us.

Once our walk was over, I dropped Lacy back to her home, and then I went and looked in a lighting shop at The Base.  I've seen two or three lights that I like.  I will visit another lighting shop in town sometime this week to see what they have before making a decision.
Plus of course, Stew needs to be shown the options as well.  

I'm now going to make a nice hot toasted sandwich for me lunch, cos I'm cooling down and feel like something warm.

I have spent the afternoon sorting through my drawers, getting rid of a few things.  Offering bits 'n' bobs to the kids.
Listed a bookcase on TradeMe, hoping it goes soon.
I'm in the mood to get rid of stuff.
One day in the future we will have to downsize and I don't want to be doing all this then!
If I don't need it/use it... it's going.

Stew just arrived home from work, so I better get off here and make his dinner.

And here we are, the end of the day.  I've been browsing online at lights.  So I will probably go looking again tomorrow.  Fun... I don't do much shopping now as we simply do not need anything.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:24 AM

    Ingenious!! I love your new outdoor seating area with fire! It looks like a nice place to sit and jaw awhile. Maybe over the winter on pleasant evenings. Enjoy!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a real lizard? The fire looks great there. It's always relaxing to watch a flickering flame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's be a bit crazy to be that close to the fire if he was real! Nope, he's made of concrete.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Hello Chris, playing catch up on your blog......it's bank holiday Monday here so we have an extra day off Yay!!
    I agree with previous comments - it's so lovely just watching flickering flames whilst sat relaxing/chatting. What a brilliant idea to do that :)
    Tracy, Cornwall, UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the walk photos so fun you and Lacy are a hoot.
    Great idea fir the fire pit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yOU AND lACY STILL UP TO SILLY ANTICS IN THE MALL. i REMEmber the Christmas photo and Santa's helpers got in a tizzy because you touched something!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.