Monday, May 20, 2024

SIDE EFFECTS?

 


Yesterday DOGSTARS asked me if I had any side effects of taking Trulicity?  I have not mentioned them to be honest as I wasn't 100% sure they were true side effects or not.

But now?  I'm pretty sure I do have a couple of significant side effects.

One is extreme tiredness, way more than usual.

And the other is constipation.  I'm never constipated, quite the opposite in fact.  

I've had 'the opposite problem' ever since I had my gall bladder out over 20 years ago.  That operation was truly life altering, something I was certainly not warned about prior to having my gall bladder out.  

Let me tell you, it dictates where you can go, when you can eat,  and what you can do... all dictated by where the nearest loo is!

So it's been rather weird having constipation I can tell you.  NOT something I am used to.  I have had 6 days go by in one stretch, but usually it's 3-4 days between bathroom visits!  (#2's)

TMI?  Well I'm just letting ya know the in's and out's of taking a new drug! 😂😏

Mild laxatives have been necessary, thanks for the drugs Lacy and Bex!

Now.  Moving on.

ABOVE:  I bought that sweatshirt a year or more ago from Raglan.  I never wore it.  The colours just didn't work for me, so now that Stew has lost a significant amount of weight, he can wear it! And doesn't he look gorgeous in it?  

I think he looks lovely.


ABOVE:  Two adorable girls, just lying around.

Now, back to today.  I'm off to Cambridge this morning for an FBG walk.  I'll be home by lunchtime, when I will head into the sewing room to make a start on 6 Kiwiana Braid Runners.

Filling the gaps.

ONWARD...

12.15 pm:  home from Cambridge.  It was another longer walk today, and the company was lovely.  I stayed for a hot chocolate and club sandwich as well, which we shall call lunch.

ABOVE:  Once again I forgot to reset my walking app after we stopped for the photo.  So I got a friend to send me hers.

ABOVE: My phone recorded the steps, not bad!

According to my friends walking app, we did 6.73 kms today.

That's getting up there in kms I must say.

Now that I'm home, I'm feeling the cold, so I've put the heater on.  A bit later on I'll get into the sewing room.

ABOVE:  Today's walk photo... lol, I'm still loving putting funny faces on everyone.

5.35 pm:   I have kept myself rather busy this afternoon.  Sorting out a few things in the house, putting rubbish out, doing washing.... just normal house-wifey shit.
Stew should be home in half an hour, so I better think about what to feed him for dinner.

Backstory:  When we go out to dinner, we love to enjoy a couple of the giant jellybeans that are often offered afterwards.   
Dinner on Saturday night and NO JELLY BEANS.  Boooo.
Stew came home with a 'gift' for me tonight.

ABOVE:  Giant Jelly beans!  They are not in supermarkets.  He found them in a dedicated Lolly Shop in town.  How awesome.  Now we can have a couple when the urge to have something LITTLE and sweet hits.  Thanks Darling.

And on that happy note, I'm signing off for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Mum swears by Kiwi Crush to combat constipation. She has one every day to keep things flowing as she has a stoma so cannot afford to get backed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:36 AM

    That tea sounds yum. Wish I could get it here. I love flavoured teas. I drink coffee now but don't mind tea now and then. Also, I hear ya re the gall bladder side effects. Had mine out in my mid 20s and been just like you ever since. Even after my bypass surgery. In fact, it was so much worse for months after! Still hits me sometimes out of the blue! Glad the Trulicity is working for you. That's a plus! And Stew looks very handsome on that jumper. Suits his playful nature, too. xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, those side effects sound manageable. And perhaps they will subside as you (your body) gets used to the medicine. I hope your issues don't leave you with a bellyache! The sweatshirt and the painting blend together in the photo! You need one in shades of blues and turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Hi I am having the opposite problem to you...lol....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leeann5:07 PM

    Grandmothers garden, has sold and they have a month to get out. So all fabric is $12 a metre even if it says different on their website. Thought you might like to get some fabric !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I got their email today, and will certainly be looking at what they have left. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. How adorable are those girls… together.
    I too have major toilet issues and so wish I could be constipated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't know which is worse! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

      Delete
  7. Jelly BEans after dinner? Is that a thing? Like mints are here? I'd rather have jelly beans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some places do mints, some do jelly beans. I LOVE the Jelly Beans.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous10:45 PM

    Wow wow wow that sweatshirt is gorgeous and it suits Stew to a T! Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.