Wednesday, May 22, 2024

WALKING AGAIN THIS MORNING

 


Possibly another wet day ahead of us by the look of it.

Never mind.

I'm off to Cambridge for an FBG walk.  They seem to have toughened up a bit, and will walk in a bit of rain!  It's only looking cloudy out there right now, so we might get lucky.

I had planned on staying in Cambridge for the entire day, and attend a funeral this afternoon.

But my plans have had to change, as the person who bought my bookcase is coming after lunch 'sometime', so I need to be home for that.

I'm relieved in a way, as funerals are not a nice way to spend ya afternoon.

While I'm in Cambridge, I'll drop off all the stuff in the back of me car to the local Hospice Op Shop.  Another load off my mind.

Once home, I won't be sewing!  I've said I would do that for the past few days, and I've simply not gotten into the sewing room!

I'm totally distracted by my de-cluttering!  And I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon.  There is so much to go through, sort out, keep, or get rid of.

ONWARD...

The walk today was a bit challenging.  1. It was bloody hot!

2. There was a long, fairly steep hill involved.  Not my favourite thing to do, walk up hills.

ABOVE: A good bunch of us today.  And a stunning day for it.  I would have preferred the clouds to have stayed, but oh well.  

Now that I'm home, I am going to have something for my lunch, then head off and find somewhere else to declutter!


ABOVE:  Walk stats for today.  Not that long a walk, but the hill made up for it.  

3.10 pm:  And I'm fuming mad as hell.
The lady who bought my bookcase turned up at 3 pm.  Looked at it, and said, NO, I don't want it after all !  
I had already paid the 'success fee' to TradeMe' and the listing had been withdrawn.
So I was not happy as you can imagine.
Luckily, TradeMe refunded me the success fee immediately.
Now I have had to relist the bloody thing.  Grrrr.
AND I missed a funeral I really should have gone to, for nothing. 
I suppose there's a first for everything right?

Moving on... I am now going to list another item on my 'Get Rid Of' list.

Coronation Street is on... so after that I'm off to bed.  It's been a long day.  Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I need you at my place to declutter 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am 100% sure you have told me that before! lol

      Delete
    2. And yet, here i am again 🤣🤣

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:37 PM

    How annoying about the book case for you, especially when you changed your plans for them
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:42 PM

    You probably should give people a time frame that suits you to pick up items...Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, from now on I will. I sat at home all afternoon waiting on her arrival for nothing.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Hind sight is always 20/20. Should have gone to the funeral. In the future I think you will tell people “That time won’t work for me” instead of missing ANYTHING on account of a potential sale. People are just no darn good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:54 PM

    Oh that is so frustrating she didn't take the bookcase. I had similar experience this afternoon. Had a huge pile of linen, kitchen stuff and crockery to drop off to someone on Facebook book who had come on hard times no car mind I'm happy not to give out address to pick up rather drop off. Only for the person to not be there at the time I said I'd drop it off...luck wasn't far away from my place. Gggrrr
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.