Thursday, May 09, 2024

FIRST TME I FORGOT!

 


I have been on Trulicity for 6 weeks.

And on Tuesday night I forgot to take my dose.  First time I've done that.

I remembered last night, so hopefully taking it 24 hours late won't matter, just once.

I had used my 'Weight Watchers' night to remind me to take it.  But now that I'm no longer going to Weight Watchers, I forgot it.

I will have to set an alarm now I suppose.

BTW, I've lost about 3 kilos since I started taking Trulicity, so that's great!

I am looking forward to the first three months being up, so I can increase the dose.  I feel like it works well for the first 3-4 days, then it wears off.

Bearing in mind, it really is mostly up to your own motivation and determination to succeed.

We can all eat for reasons other than hunger.  I know I do.

But, I'm working hard to change my shitty habits. (What a twat!  I've been saying that for over 40 years!)

My tasks for today?

Get brutal with cleaning out the two front bedroom's wardrobes.  I have lots of craft stuff in them, and Christmas stuff.

Obviously I will be keeping the Christmas stuff.  But a lot of the craft stuff is going out.  I don't have the time or motivation to do much except sewing now.

I have an FBG walk on this evening, so that will work in well with taking Stew to the pub, and getting back in time to pick him up again.

Right, let's get a move on.  

ONWARD...

ABOVE:  Fresh outta the box.  The new bedroom light fitting!

I chose a larger one, so that it covers the large circle that will be left on the ceiling, once the existing fan/light is removed.

It can have it's brightness changed from warm light to bright light.  We prefer bright light.

All the downlights in the house are set on bright light.

Stew likes it very much.  I am happy to have just chosen SOMETHING!  

I really don't like too much choice, and yesterday while looking at all the choices, I really did feel like I would never make up my mind.

Talking to the salesman certainly helped narrow it down.

AND it was on Sale, I got it super cheap!  Like SUPER CHEAP. I saved between $300 - $400 by NOT buying the blingy light fitting.  That money can now go towards the electricians bill. 

9.30 am.  While I've not yet got to the wardrobes, I have been busy!

I moved some paintings around!

With the second china cabinet out of the lounge, it meant I could move Stew's lounge chair further back towards the corner of the room.

It made the room less cluttered.  I also took the two lazy boy chairs from the other end of the lounge, and put them in the sunroom, and put the smaller, two seater back in the lounge.

THEN I looked at the large wall in the lounge and decided it needed the BIG shell painting back in there.

So...  shit got moved!

ABOVE:  Chairs now in the sunroom, which looks fantastic with less furniture in it now.


ABOVE: The two seater BACK in the lounge!  I don't know how many times I've moved that particular piece of furniture!  The mind boggles.  Yours probably does too.


ABOVE:  The lounge now, with less furniture, and the big shell painting back in it.

It is SCREAMING at me to be moved about 3 inches to the right!!!  I will get to it.  YES, I know, I'm damn fussy.


ABOVE:  I am not 100% sold on the flower painting being there yet.  It might grow on me. OR, I might even switch the cow painting to there?  

And the flower one to where the cow is? 

MEH... it can wait.

I'm now off to sort out the wardrobes.

TEN.  MINUTES.  LATER.....   I BET Stew read this and said to himself "She won't wait".

ABOVE:  100% correct!

I did move those two around... and it looks much, much better now.

As for the big shell painting, it is waiting.  I'm literally done in already!

ABOVE:  I'm about half way through the first wardrobe, and I'm DONE IN.

If I want to have the energy to do tonight's walk, I need to stop now.

It can wait till tomorrow.

My deaf neighbour's dog... is now being left outside while she's out.

She asked me if he barks much when she's out?

I said, YES, but it's not too bad.

WELL, I lied.

He barks non-stop.  And now he's outside, he's LOUDER than when he was locked inside.

And she goes out pretty much every day.  Sometimes just for an hour or two, and sometimes ALL DAY.

There's NO POINT saying a damn thing, as he is not loud enough to call the Noise Control people. It's just enough to drive me insane. 

I'm really sad about this, because I had to put up with the exact same thing from our neighbour's dog in Cambridge as well. 

My dogs bark like crazy beasts sometimes too, but ONLY when there is someone coming onto the property usually. No one can complain about Coco and Marley.

And as I am typing this, the damn dog shuts up.  Maybe she came home?  Silence... ahhhh.

God I'd love a Nana Nap right now.  But I can't, as the buyers of the Wooden Bookcase are picking it up 'this afternoon'.  Just my luck I'd fall asleep and they knock on the door. *sigh*

8.21 pm:  I just arrived home from my FBG Walk in Cambridge.  Certainly a VERY COLD, CRISP evening to be out walking in the dark!

I was in me leggings and t-shirt and the other walkers were surprised I wasn't rugged up like everyone else.  But as I explained, I will warm up really fast so don't need a hat, jacket and gloves etc.  And I did warm up.

But now that I'm home, I'm bloody freezing!  Eeee gads we will have a frost in the morning for sure.

Probably no walk photo tonight... if there is one posted tomorrow I'll share then.

Now I'm off to have something for me dinner, then settle down to watch the telly till bedtime.

Catch ya tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:17 AM

    I love your new light for the bedroom. It should do nicely. If you still want some bling, how about a blingy side lamp. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:25 AM

    I have aggressively gone thru my Xmas stuff and eliminated anything I don’t use or is a pain to store.

    I agree with your light fixture choice, easy to clean, covers the spot on the ceiling left by previous fixture. Better to spend your $$$ in your kitchen.

    Can you whittle your figurine collection down to what fits gracefully/easily in the one remaining cupboard? Can you sell the excess pieces rather than storing them?

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:09 AM

    With Ozempic, you can change the day you give it..as long as 2 days have passed since the last dose.....look at Trulicity instructions they are similar...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house looks fabulous. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the flower painting where it is now... I agree about the shell painting being moved a little but also the cow painting is too high. When we get back home I'm going to attack our spare bedroom, it is way overdue for a massive cleanout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:15 PM

    You have more energy than the Energizer Bunny. :-) Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good...
    The light fixture is perfect .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:10 PM

    Only one comment for you - slow down, lol. Decluttering can take as long as you want, there is no rush. I agree you have to do it when you downsize but you aren't thinking of downsizing now and as you are all on one level you might never have to. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:11 PM

    I love the way you move your house around. I want to sell some furniture too. Declutter. Have HaD the whole week off but can't do anything. Next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does all look great. And glad you are sticking with trulicity and giving it a good chance to help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! That's funny. We have a frost warning for tonight as well. And a beautiful cool day right before it. Seems like we are have the same weather for once!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:19 AM

    Yep, I love where the Cow painting is now, and the flowers where Cow was. And I love the newly rearranged rooms too. Yep, the shell painting needs to be moved over just a bit; I am like you - I move and rearrange and if a pic off or too low, or too high, it drives me NUTS. And like you, I have a MAJOR decluttering I need to do!!! Anyways, I love how it all looks now and love the less furniture. That is another part of the declutter I need to do too - for example when I bought my coffee table it looked small in showroom but it is BIG and really too big for my living room. It actually makes the room look small and tight. So that will be the 1st change in there. I have a gallery wall above my sofa and that needs to be updated. Its been the same for 5 years and I want to add some prints / paintings similar to what you have in fact - brighter, with a touch of Boho look to them :) Oh, and I like that fixture - especially the fact it was WAY CHEAPER - all about getting a good bargain !!! Dawn P. Albany, GA USA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to declutter my house too. We recently completed some remodeling that required putting away a bunch of stuff. Now I must decide what to put back up, donate or pitch out. I like how less stuff makes my rooms look better. That light fixture looks perfect. Now that I am older I need more light! Glad Trulicity is working for you. Although you said it was making you tired , I guess that isn't the case now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.