Tuesday, January 16, 2024

YEP, THAT'S RED


 

Last night we visited Steve, Bex and THE KIDS.

OMG, I've been dying to say 'THE KIDS' for months.  It's not just the boys now.

So, I got a photo that shows off Lily's red hair:

ABOVE:  Steve and Mike were born with reddish hair, but not as red as Lily's.

Stew said his hair was very red at birth as well, and he didn't go blonde till he was around 1 year old.

Bex's Grandmother also had very red hair, so Lily has inherited it from both sides of her family.

Time will tell what colour Lily's hair ends up.

Because we have had some rain, the temperatures have dropped a bit, so first thing this morning I hope to go for a walk.

I doubt I'll have any company today.  Lacy has Keera with her, and Amanda has been missing in action for a while now.

So I'll be on my own again.  Luckily, I don't actually mind at all.

BACK LATER...

ABOVE:  Well it really was a bright and early walk today.  I wanted to beat the heat, and I almost did.


ABOVE: By the time I got half way around the lake, the sun was breaking through the clouds, and I ended up getting very hot.


ABOVE:  The large building on the left (The Elizabeth Rothwell Building), is where our Lily was born.

I also had our Mike there.

Steve doesn't have many nice words to say about it... imagine the cops having to be called due to unruly, violent thugs being on the wards!  One girl had to be put in a lockable room for her own safety. 


ABOVE:  I certainly worked up a sweat today!  


ABOVE:  My walk stats.  Very, very happy with my time and pace.

I was pushing it though, and might not try and do that again for a while.  

On my way home, I STUPIDLY thought I'd drop in to visit Lacy and Keera, forgetting it was only 7.30 in the morning!

YEAH BAD MOVE.  It was too early for Lacy.  I left pretty smartly ... one look at her face was enough for me to realise I'd made a boo boo.

So, now that I'm home, I'm gunna have me shower then get some jobs done around the house before going to the mall to get a few things.  The float for this Saturday's market being one of them things.

Yaaa, our first market of 2024 is soon.  I have missed doing them.

2.46 pm:  I went to the supermarket after my jobs etc.

I had ONE thing on my list.  Just one thing.  And I spent almost $600 ! 

I don't know how I do that.  

So, after getting it all home and put away, I went over to visit Bex and the kids.   She needed some bread, so I took her a couple of loaves.

Lacy and Keera were visiting as well.

Lily was asleep, so I didn't stay too long.

ABOVE:  The kids think she's just so lovely.  Awww.  Too cute.

When I got home I sat down and had a wrap for my lunch.  And fell asleep !

So, just woke up and plan on getting in the pool, cos it's bloody hot.

11.06 pm:  So the pool was wonderful.  I did some maintenance, swept the bottom, chemicals etc.  Then I went to WW, just attending the meeting right now, now weighing in.  Cos I had a few kilos to lose to get back to where I was before Christmas.  Dammit.

After that I came home and spent the evening in front of the telly and computer.

And now... it's 

16 comments:

  1. Oh she is just too darn cute, I can see Bex Steve the boys Stew in that precious face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:59 AM

    What a precious little angel, Lily such a beautiful name, Congratulations Bex and Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:43 AM

    Beautiful Chris. As to walking, I am a big walker and ALWAYS walk on my own. I sometimes listen to radio, podcast, music, sometimes not. I never walk with my husband, he’s too slow, maybe it’s because I like my own company and I also like to make my own observations. I’m heading out now, it’s 5.42am here. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5.42 am ... fuck that's too early for me! I left here at 6.15 am.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:23 PM

      Haha! I see zero difference between 5:42 and 6:15. I whine if I have to get out of bed before 10am! But then again I am leaving comments after midnight!

      Delete
  4. So cute! Love Lily's red hair. Hope everyone is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! I would be scowling if you showed up at my house at 7:30 too!
    AM.... The evening 7:30 would be fine!
    I certainly hope there were no unruly thugs on the ward with Bex and baby! My gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that hair is red 🤭

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:48 AM

    Lilly is adorable love her hair ....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura M12:50 PM

    That little baby is just a doll. So perfect!! I think Bex and Steve are really going to enjoy the experience of being parents to a little girl. Looking at the picture of you holding Lily in the hospital made me have a baby craving!!! I miss holding babies so much! You are so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww her hair is so cute! We ended up with a couple of blondies so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I want to hear more about the thugs on the ward!
    Lily is very much a Harvey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos! (You'll have to update your grandchildren panel over on the right hand side of your blog page :) )

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is lovely! Enjoy getting to know her.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.