Sunday, January 28, 2024

SEALER TODAY

 


We are looking forward to a cooler day again today.  Probably get some rain too.  I just hope it blows over by tomorrow.

ABOVE:  I went into the sewing room last night just after 8 pm.  I wasn't planning on doing another runner.  But I did.

It's got a couple of fabrics in it that I don't usually put in the Kiwiana Braid Runners, but I think it came out rather nice, though it hasn't photographed that well.

Now that's done I can concentrate on painting today.

First up is getting the Pigmented Sealer on the walls and new gib board.  

Because that stinky stuff doesn't take that long to dry, I might even get a first coat of the actual paint on the walls too.

Let's see how it goes shall we?

BACK LATER...


FIRST UP:  If you are having trouble leaving a comment, try leaving a REPLY on the bottom of someone else's comment.  That seems to work for like, Ky Girl.  And Ky Girl, stop apologising for doing that.  If it works, it works and no one minds.

Next.  I've got all the pigmented sealer on the bathroom walls.  What a shit job. NOT that it's hard to do, it's just the smell and the clean up after.  It has to be cleaned up in Mineral Turps, so right now that is my 'perfume'.  Yeah, not exactly my chosen smell.  

Now I have to wait at least 3 hours until I can put the 1st coat of paint on.  This is going to work out really well, cos it will have all of tomorrow to dry completely, in readiness for the 2nd and final coat.

So now I'm twiddling me thumbs.  Might even go out for lunch, what ya say Stewie?


ABOVE:  Stew liked my idea of lunch out, so off we went.  We had a wander around The Base before settling on lunch at The Foundation.  We had not been there in about 8 months.  It had gone through a refurbishment and looked very nice.


ABOVE:  Our lunch companions.  So cute.


ABOVE: We shared some Calamari.  It was delicious.


ABOVE: Then our Foundry Burger came out. OMG.  Seriously HUGE.  Of course, we won't be having any dinner now.

It was an amazing burger. What I loved the most was they didn't ruin it with friggin lettuce!  I hate having to fish it out so the burgers guts doesn't slip and slide all over the place. lol

After lunch we came home for a quiet few hours.

3.32 pm:  Because it is very, very humid today, the bathroom isn't drying as fast as I expected.  I think I will be painting this evening instead of now.

Stew went out and bought a cooked chook and fresh buns, so we can take a 'picnic' to market tomorrow.  Nice.

8.46 pm:  I got the first coat of paint on the walls late this afternoon.  The top half of all the walls will be WHITE.  That is what I got done today.

Tomorrow afternoon I will put the 2nd coat of white on.  Then on to the bottom half.  A contrasting colour. And I'm not telling you what that colour is... but 99.9% of you will guess.  

And that is me for the day.  We will be going to bed reasonably early tonight, we have to get up early tomorrow.

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:42 AM

    That runner will sell quick, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:26 AM

      Tagging on to your post so I can hopefully comment....sorry for the intrusion.

      I can't believe you are up to 70 runners. Who would've thunked it. Ha You go girl!! Ky Girl

      Delete
    2. That is 70 Braid Runners, not how many others I've made over the years. I wish I'd thought to count them too. Too late now. Sold way to many to ever remember them all.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous12:04 PM

      Thanks Chris, I appreciate the comment back from you. :-)
      I struggle with sewing. I can do simple tasks only. I do know how to read a pattern at least. Not that I ever use one. Ha
      Glad the new bathroom rehab is going well, albeit it smelly. I can't wait to see the tub!! Ky Girl

      Delete
  2. Love that fabric outlining the center square. I wonder how long until we can share "odors". HAHA. So we can all partake in the sealer stench!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that runner 👌

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:43 PM

    OMG that burger is huge! I would have struggled to even eat half of it. Love the runner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I was struggling towards the end. Shouldn't have had the calamari in hindsight.

      Delete
  5. Love the runner….and omg that burger is making me drool 🤤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the runner.
    And omg that burger is making me drool 😋

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too, had a fantastic burger today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are the painting pics? We all love watching a project come together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:36 PM

    I wish you a dry day for the market and a successful one
    It's gotta be blue ah! Kj

    ReplyDelete
  10. My guess is blue lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:35 AM

    In our local Bunnings I found a low odour turpentine. I use it for my paint cleanups when I paid with oils. It's great, you'd barely know it was turps xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:26 AM

    Oh blue is going to look so good in the bathroom. I like the idea of the top half white. I wonder if the wall has some panelling too. I know you have good colour sense so it's going to look superb and with that lovely shaped bath. It's been so humid here and we are having lots of rain too and its supposed to be a non raining year. La Niña? Maria (Australia)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.