Monday, January 29, 2024

CAMBRIDGE MARKET - AUCKLAND ANNIVERSARY


Yep, it's stupid o'clock and we are up and getting ready to head off to Cambridge for the market.
The weather is looking semi-OK... hard to know just how it will go.
But ... we are prepared for all eventualities, so all good.

DOGSTARS:  I don't plan on posting any more bathroom photos until the job is DONE.  I want to do a big 'reveal' once everything is in place and looking fabulous!
Well, I hope it will look fabulous.

I could show you what I painted yesterday, but it's only white walls right now.

So, it is at least another week or two until I will have it ready to show ya.  Hang in there 😂😉😊.

OK, time to pull finger and get moving.

BACK LATER...
...

ABOVE: And we are set up and ready. The weather is holding.... too scared to say it looks good! 
Our new stand is perfect for Bex's toys...a good buy. 

OM GOSH... We are having an amazingly GOOD day!!
More when we get home.

3 pm:  And we are home.  Today started out slow, and we really thought we were in for another not so good day.
How wrong can ya be?
It picked up after 10.30, and we were thrilled with our end of day totals.

Also, we  were so chuffed to see Tracy R from Auckland, and Sharon M from Taupo, who both came to see us!  Just so lovely of them to drive all that way to visit us at market.  Thank You girls, it's always lovely to see you both.  (And HOW? did I forget to take a photo or three???) 

It was quite cloudy and cold for the first hour or two, with a very cool wind.  But then the sun came out and it was beautiful, if still a bit windy.

So in all, an AWESOME day.  We caught up with a few FBG ladies, and other friends as well.  And of course, yakking with other stall holders is always neat.

I now have more work to do in the sewing room.  I sold all but one of my Kiwiana Runners!  Those two I made on Saturday?  GONE.
Yaaa.... I have something to do once my bathroom reno is done.

Talking of the bathroom reno, I'm taking an hour to just relax, then will be putting the 2nd coat of the white paint on.

6.02 pm and that is done.  Tomorrow afternoon I will start work on the second step for the walls.
But for right now.... 

ABOVE:  Some baby spam.  Stole it off Bex's Facebook, lol.  Lily is doing well.  

Utterly knackered!  We both are off to bed early .... so catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Good Luck at the market today. Have funnsies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will see you at the market later this morning 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:33 AM

    Looks great. See the new one hanging out front. I love that one but might have to retire sooner than I planned. Love Bexs toys and the big shoes! Have a lovely day.kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:01 AM

    Hope the market goes well and wet weather hold off. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was lovely to see you both my friend loved loved the black n white runner she the sneaky minx took that house around the lake so it’s her house warming thank you gift.
    Thanks for lunch and the hugs much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:31 PM

    Wow sounds like a great day at Market. Well deserved rest I'm sure. Felicity (seems doing comments anonymously don't go to the waste bin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaa for solving that issue!

      Delete
    2. Glad someone has the problem too. I do sometimes forget to add my name. Weird that if post approval is off comments go through

      Delete
  7. Was great to see you. I said to Sue on the way home that you forgot to take the photo 😂. Samyson loves his bowl cosy, he was at my place when we got home because I am apparently running a (free) laundrette 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... such a bad blogger forgetting the photo!!! I'm pleased Samyson loves his bowl cosy... and what is home for if not to get ya washing done??? Have you seen the price of laundrettes? Daylight robbery. And you are a good mummy, and will even do it for him I'm sure.

      Delete
    2. Haha, I absolutely will not be doing his washing 😂😂😂

      Delete
    3. Awwww the poor boy. But yeah, I get it. He has to learn to do his own.

      Delete
  8. Glad you had a great market day! I love when people take time out of their day to come see me when I have a booth somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.