Sunday, January 07, 2024

WALK, SEWING, POOL...

 

Morning you observant buggers!

No one has commented on 'ONWARD' and 'NITE NITE' disappearing!

I changed for the New Year to 'GOOD MORNING' and 'BEDTIME'.  Did anyone notice?

It's been a full week!

Moving on... I finished # 59 Braid Runner lst night.

ABOVE:  The layout for this one took me hours... because it was so hard to match up the colours.  But ... it's come out beautifully.

Believe me when I say these runners look even better in person.  This one would work so well in my family room, but I simply don't need it.  So, reluctantly it's going to market.

Our first market of 2024 is in 13 days, and I'm really looking forward to it.  I miss the markets so much.  It's going to suck over winter, when we go down to only one a month.  But it is what it is.

Back to today, I am hoping it's cool enough this morning for a lake or mall walk.  After that, home to sew probably.

And definitely swimming at some point.

BACK LATER...

Well, after waking at our usual damn early stupid o'clock, Stew and I just dozed on and off until... would you believe 9.40 am!
Yep, you can officially call that a sleep in.

Once up, we decided a walk was not on the cards, as it was too hot.

So I did this:

ABOVE: Stew mentioned the other day how he'd like some meatloaf.  So, I got all the necessary shit together...

ABOVE:  And I made meat loaf(s).  Being the sort of person I am, of course I made enough to feed a small army.
But ... we can freeze a lot of it for down the line.

While it was cooking, I went into the sewing room and started work on the next runner.

Meanwhile, his nibs vacummed the house, then headed out into the garden to do some weeding etc.

It's lunchtime now, so he will be in soon for... meatloaf I presume. 😂😊😋

And I am gunna have some crackers/cheese and relish, then lie in the sun, do some swimming and just relax for a while.

6 pm:  Gosh, another perfect day here.  The sun came out this afternoon and I lay in the sun, swam in the pool, and watched the kids swim and have lots of fun.  

Dinner was a tiny piece of meatloaf for me, and Stew had a bigger piece.  So YUM!  I have put most of it in the freezer for later.  It is even nicer after it's been in the freezer, which is weird, but true.

After dinner the kids came back for another swim.  Bex is really feeling uncomfortable now, and nesting is in full swing.

After they left, I worked on my jigsaw for a while, and now it's nearly...

12 comments:

  1. Love the runner. Its really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yes i like that one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds likevsummer has arrived up your way. Beautiful day here notba cloud in the sky, chap next door is painting his roof he's gonna be a lobster by lunch time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fun one. I did notice the wording change. But didn't think to mention it. Have a lovely walk and swim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:49 PM

    I noticed nothing. So clearly not as observant as I thought I was.

    Very interesting meatloaf ingredients. My normal includes ground beef, oatmeal, milk, onions, catsup, Worcestershire, eggs, mustard

    And we always have it with mashed potatoes.

    I actually love meatloaf.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The runner came out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:58 PM

    How I would love a 9.40 sleep in. A sleep in for me is 6am!! So I get up and go to gym. No point lying there thinking I’ll doze off. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:47 PM

    I love meatloaf too, with mashed potates.
    And every runner you had made are all amazing!! Dawn P. Albany, GA USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:09 PM

    I like your new opening and closing pics. Out of curiosity, when serving the meatloaf for your evening meal, what do you serve as your sides? We pretty much do mashed potatoes and peas. The next day we make a meatloaf sandwiches. Yum Enjoy the swim! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much exactly the same! Though in summer I will probably do a lettuce salad and a baked potato. Stew has already said he is going to buy sandwich bread tomorrow so he can have it in a sandwich. Tomorrow is his birthday btw.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:43 PM

      A baked potato with meatloaf sounds yummy. I am not sure I've ever served it like that. I think I'll try it the next time I make a meatloaf. Thanks! And a happy early birthday to Stew. I hope he has a wonderful day!

      Delete
  10. I make meat loaf also, mash and what ever veg I have. Yum! I love that runner the colours are perfect.
    We have some snow, not really cold only -1*C as I write at 11:00 A.M.
    Sounds like a perfect Sunday to me, glad you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.