Saturday, January 13, 2024

ANOTHER HOT DAY AHEAD

 


It is looking to be another super hot and sticky day today.

Thank god for our pool, I don't think I would even venture outside without it to jump into to cool off.

This morning I am going to finish off the next runner, which I worked on last night.

ABOVE: It's not quilted or bound yet, so I'll get that done today.  Just a nice simple black 'n' white one.

Once it's done, I don't know if I'll make another one today or not.  It will depend on what Stew wants to get up to.  I feel like we need to get out and about a bit more.

We are such home bodies!


BABY HARVEY STATUS:  Still no sign of baby.  All is going well though.  Bex is tired, and so over it.  It's very hard in this heat to keep ya cool.  But she's doing well.


BACK LATER...

Stew and the boys had a swim in the dark last night, apparently the water was lovely and warm.  I on the other hand, chose to sit and enjoy our little rock fire.

ABOVE: There is nothing like an open flame to sit in front of. 

We've decided to go to our local park this morning, let the kids have a play, then have morning tea at the little cafe there.

ABOVE: And that's #63 finished.
I am going to lay out the next one before we head off to the park.

I think it better be another Kiwiana one, cos I only have two of them right now.

2.41 pm:

ABOVE:  We didn't spend too much time at the park as it was just too hot.  Plus those boys don't know how to play outdoors!  Seriously.  Their thumbs get the only regular exercise!  Just like how our boys were.

After the park we had lunch at the mall (McDonalds) then came home and rested for a little while.

ABOVE:  I got the fabric for the next runner laid out, I'm happy with my selection.  It's a 'Kiwiana' in blues.  I don't think I've done one like this before.


Then we all got in the pool, and that's where I am going back to.  Right now.

4.37 pm:  Just too hot.  After having a swim I went back into the sewing room and worked on that new runner.
Now?
I have stopped for the day.

In a while I will think about what to feed the kids/Stew.  I am still full after lunch so might just have some yoghurt and fruit.

BABY HARVEY has been safely delivered late this afternoon.  Mother, Father and Child are all well.
Details will be posted when the parents are happy to share.
Stew and I, and the brothers are on cloud nine.  So happy.

8.58 pm:  We were extremely lucky to be able to visit Bex, Steve and Baby for a little while this evening.
I hope to let you all know the details tomorrow or the next day, it all depends on Steve and Bex, and how soon they want details on here.

Now we are home, and the boys want another swim in the dark before bed.

BED.  Gosh I'm so looking forward to that... it's been hard to sleep much lately.  Been a bit worried about Bex and Baby, thank goodness I can stop worrying now.  Both are safe and well.

Soon.. it will be...

27 comments:

  1. The pool seems to be getting plenty of use - that's great!
    Baby Harvey - come out, come out, wherever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that rock fire. Can you explain how it works? I hope baby arrives soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a carved out rock. You pour Methylated Spirits in the carved out part and set it alight. It's super simple. It burns out fairly fast, which is good as you wouldn't want to walk away and leave it to burn out on it's own. Safety first. A full bowl will last about an hour.

      Delete
  3. Ooo where is that playground - looks neat fun! We were looking for a new playground the last time we were in Hamilton and it seems like there are lots of new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potters Park, on Callum Brae Drive, Rototuna.

      Delete
    2. Thankyou xx

      Delete
  4. At least the boys enjoy swimming! No electronics while in the pool!
    The blues with blacks are neat. (runner)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd kill for your pool about now. It feels like a trillion degrees 😩

    ReplyDelete
  6. So hot here too.
    I’ve turned the air con and chilling out 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Welcome to the World Baby Harvey xxxx
    Congratulations Steve Bex Dante and Archer xx heaps and heaps of hugs and kisses from Untie Lacy xx 😘
    #Lacy 💙💜

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh wonderful news on baby Harvey. Congratulations to Steve, Bex and boys. And of course to you and Stew xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:00 PM

    Congratulations to you all. Can't wait to hear more tomorrow. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhonda7:26 PM

    So happy Bub has arrived. OMG the suspense lol All the best to everyone especially Bex who did the hard yards

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Congratulations on the safe arrival of Baby Harvey - well done Bex (and Steve). Audrey, Rotorua

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful news big congratulations to all x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww congrats!! That's wonderful news 👣

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:40 PM

    Congratulations to Steve, Bex, Dante and Archer. Very exciting news and glad that the baby has safely arrived

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations. That's fantastic news. Blessings to the wee babe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kiwionholidays12:16 AM

    So so Happy for you all 💯🥝❤️❤️❤️💐💐💐💐💐💐

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great News! Congratulations ! Get some rest now, everyone! Happy Happy Joy Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great news on baby Harvey. We have snow here so sun & pool would be a dream come true. Love the fire rock. I haven't seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on baby Harvey! Send some of the heat my way, please.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to everyone. I bet the boys are so excited. Now you can relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! Happy to hear baby's arrived and all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous6:11 AM

    I agree, so glad to hear everyone is well! Congrats on new arrival.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous10:47 AM

    Fantastic news, good luck to all x

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.