Wednesday, January 24, 2024

WALK THEN ...

 


It's another early start today.

I'm meeting up with Lacy for a mall walk.

Once that is done, I am going to Mitre 10 to get some gib stop stuff, to get the bathroom walls sorted out.  

I might wait and leave it up to Steve to actually put it on, he knows what he's doing. 

I am trying not to rush this job, as I really want it done nicely.  And it's not like I want to take a HOT bath yet eh?  

I'm more likely to be having a cool shower if anything.

Yesterday afternoon I did a little painting in the family room.  I just did the end panel of the kitchen bench, and the end wall of the full height cabinet.


ABOVE:  I didn't expect Stew to even notice the change.  And I was right. 😂😅😊

I'm trying to decide if I want to paint all the kitchen cupboards white.  Still undecided.  It would be a rather big job.

For now though, it can wait.  I'll be painting the bathroom soon enough.

My plans for the rest of today involve getting that runner bag made.  I didn't do it yesterday as I got carried away with other jobs.

BACK LATER...

ABOVE:  Another nice walk this morning with Lacy.  We did 5 loops around the mall.  The sun came out towards the end of our walk and it got hot.

ABOVE: Because we didn't go inside the mall, our distance and duration are correct today.

After the walk, I went to Mitre 10 for gib stop stuff, and then came home.
Now... I'm going to do bugger all for a little while.
I'm not going to overdo it like I did yesterday.

12.48 pm:  And I have done nothing.  Just tired today.  I don't feel like doing a thing either.
The runner bag can wait.
Lacy called in for leftovers.  She owed me $10. I refused to take it back.
So the bitch has hidden it somewhere here.
And I've spent an hour looking for it.
Now I've given up.

Sun... Swimming... Sun. That has been my afternoon.
Done nothing else, it's been just the most lazy day, and I've loved it.

Steve and the boys are coming over later on for a swim, and Steve will do the first coat of gib stopping.  All going well the room might be ready for paint by the weekend.

And I take it everyone is super busy?  Helloooooo... am I talking to myself?  Maybe I am 😂😊.  Nevermind, the blog is for our memories at the end of the day.  History in blog form eh?  I love it, and I hope my future generations get a laugh out of it one day.

Well I've really enjoyed my utterly lazy day!  We ended up at Steve 'n' Bexs for dinner, and a cuddle with Lily.  Of course!
Home now, and looking forward to a quiet evening before...


14 comments:

  1. The cupboards look good. I love your Good Morning pix. I could definitely see that hanging in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:29 PM

    Hi only just got home after being out all morning...you are doing so well with your walks....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! The hiding of the money tradition has started up again..... Where on earth did you get a Miami Beach t-shirt? I have a friend that lives there and NEVER fails to mention it. Can't say Florida, or Miami, always "I live in MIAMI BEACH"""" . It's rather annoying. So - you ARE going to paint first. Good plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The T-Shirt was bought from a shop called H & M, and it sells clothes for Men, Women and children. Did not go to Miami! lol And yep, definitely painting first.

      Delete
  4. I'm on holiday at the beach ⛱️. Just got out of the pool... been so blissful 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got out of the pool as well... it's the only way to endure this heat, particularly in the afternoons. It is blissful!

      Delete
  5. Just got time to check in today Chris packing again to shift in March oh joy. My card room is nearly finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the white painting you did - you are a better painter than me! Look at your tanned legs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:17 PM

    I have been washing, putting 2 baskets away, making a second batch of Worcestershire sauce and adding to my hand pieced hexie quilt
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in Wisconsin and I'm wondering what 'gib stopping cmeans. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gib board is what you line internal walls with. Gib stopping is putting tape then a sealing compound (plaster) on all the joins. There will be a photo of Steve doing it on the next blog post.

      Delete
  9. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Almost up to a 5k! WTG!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.