Tuesday, January 30, 2024

NO MORE ORDERS

 


NOTE TO SELF:  Never ever take an order again.


I made two runners for a customer.  The instructions were "Black and White, these sizes, and they don't need to match".

I made them exactly to her measurements, and both in Black and White fabrics, that did not perfectly match.

I sent her photos of said runners when they were done, informing her they could be picked up from the next market.

And I got back this: 
  
"I don’t mean to be rude but I thought that since you were making them, I thought they would match or at least have fairly similar prints…?"

Hmmm.  I kinda saw red. They were both done using Black and White fabrics, as per her wishes.

So, I sent her back her original email to me, with her clearly saying they did not need to match.

But the upshot was that I had to turn around and make another one to exactly match the first one.
I was not impressed, and almost cancelled the order.

And that is why I will never accept an order again.  This is not the first time I've had unnecessary stress from customers and their requests/orders.

If ya don't like or want what I've already got for sale.... walk away... just walk away!

This grumpy old bitch ain't gunna do no more orders.

Now, on a happier note.
Lacy and I are going to Tirau this morning to pick up the shelves for the bathroom. While there we are going to do a couple  (maybe a few) lengths of the main street... let's call that our walk for the day.
On our way home, if the weather is nice, we also plan on stopping along Lake Karapiro for a swim.  
I think we are gunna have a lovely morning.  

BACK LATER...

ABOVE:  What an awesome morning Lacy and I had!  Road tripping to Tirau.

ABOVE: We got to see the very start of the big, new roundabout going in at Pairere. 

ABOVE:  The existing T intersection with the main state highway and the road to Tauranga has been a major hazard/crash site for YEARS... and it's taken many years for this new road/roundabout to get started.
Finally happening.
 
ABOVE:  So we got to Tirau, and it was time to put on our sneakers... and hee hee... Lacy found another critter!!!!


ABOVE:  The corrugated iron building in Tirau. Tourist attraction apparently.


ABOVE:  OMG the water was so nice.  Not cold at all.  It was a welcome and fun break.

ABOVE: After we picked up the shelves, we checked out a couple of the gift shops.  I got Lacy some lovely body balm, and  I found this cute little heart for our bedroom wall.

So in all, a really delightful morning.

Now I plan on doing some work on the bathroom reno ... 

1st coat of contrast paint is on. Some other stuff has had Pigmented Sealer put on it. 
I had a swim in the pool.

I now smell like:
Lake Karapiro 
Pigmented Sealer
Mineral Turps and Our pool. NICE.

And... I'm now at WW... just for a yak.

ABOVE: Archer got lots of cuddles today as his brother, Dante, started school today.
It was his first day at 'Intermediate' School.
That's the two years before High School.
Keera also started Intermediate School today.

Archer starts school on Thursday as far as I know.

It was a nice meeting this evening... I am not weighing in for the time being.  Just not in the right frame of mind to be dieting right now.  But I do like to attend the meetings.

And, that's a wrap on today.  It's been an excellent day.  I got heaps done.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Bummer about the custom orders. That stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Orders take the joy out of sewing don’t they ?
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like doing special orders either! Especially when you can't just do what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:15 PM

    What an annoying customer...I guess it was best to oblige as you don't want her bad mouthing you and your business ...like you said don't stress yourself out again....they can just buy from the stock you have....which is all beautiful....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Love those animal shaped buildings! So cool! Looks like a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:00 PM

      That swim sure looks nice. Glad you were able to get out and do that. Ky Girl

      Delete
  6. Thanks for a awesome Morning out and about today Ma xx 😘
    #Lacy💙💜

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.