Friday, January 19, 2024

BOOK AND BABY

 


If I can drag my butt out of bed early enough, I plan on having another walk at the mall this morning.  

Because my eating has been utter shit lately, I need to walk more just to keep the status quo.

ABOVE:  In her father's words "The Greatest Baby born in 8 years".... having her first bath.

I ask for their permission to post photos of Lily each day, and they have said just go for it.  They know I love to share my love and delight in her.

It is so special to have a new tiny grandbaby in the family after such a long interval since the last few were born.

ABOVE: Stew and I are going to dote on this little darling, as she is probably the last grandchild for us.

NOT forgetting our other grandchildren of course... those that we get to see.  There's 6 we don't see due to various reasons.  Distance.  Estrangement and so on.

It is what it is, and we are realistic enough to know it's not a perfect world.

We love those who are in our world.


ABOVE:  My summer reading.  I'm on page 9.  I don't think I am a reader anymore.  It's a very   good book/author, but I just don't have the time to read.

If I'm not walking, sewing, doing jobs around the house, visiting family etc... I'm on the computer! 

But... I will try.

BACK LATER...

I didn't go for a walk.  The sun was out in full force at 6 am!  I stayed home and did a few jobs around the house, then I DID go into my joyful place... the sewing room.

I have to make another runner for an order.
The purchaser did not make her instructions clear and so yeah, I have to make another one to fill the order.

Bex just sent me these:

 

ABOVE:  Our eldest Grandchild holding our youngest grandchild.  This photo made me cry.

While we raised Brylee as our daughter, at the end of the day she is still our granddaughter too.

Are they our 'bookends' I wonder?  😂😊💗


ABOVE: Dom got in on the act too.  It doesn't look like Lily was too happy.  Our darling little redhead.

Well, after blistering sunshine first thing, we've since had some heavy drizzle which made me run around and close all the doors and windows.

Now?  You guessed it, the sun is out again.  Frustrating as hell.

I am 90% finished the runner I had to make, then I can friggin well relax again.

12.03 pm: Brylee and Dom just called in to visit, and drop off home grown tomatoes.  They look lovely... the kids and the tomatoes!  lol

Now it's lunchtime and I'm taking a break ...

6.54 pm:   I've had a busy afternoon.  I finished the runner on order, then I made another black 'n' white one for me stash.

I also went over to Steve's and picked up the van for market tomorrow.

Steve, Bex and the kids arrived for dinner, I just did sausages and wedges.  Simple and quick.

I took a couple of photos of the dogs meeting Lily, but they can wait till tomorrow.

Marley got all jealous of Coco going near the baby and was stroppy as hell.  She jumped down Coco's throat in fact.  So we will have to watch her, so her guarding behaviour doesn't get out of hand.

It is unbearably hot today.  We've had three heavy showers of rain, in between sunshine.  We are living in a bloody sauna.

And now, I'm off to enjoy having the kids here, before it's...

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:50 AM

    Audio books!!!

    I read no print/paper books, specifically because that means sitting.

    I listen to podcasts and audio books while walking, cooking, cleaning, driving, sewing.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:43 AM

    Gorgeous girl. If people don’t appreciate the baby spam, they can sod off. Your page, your content

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:41 AM

    Oooh! Don't think I've read that one! Have to check it out. Gorgeous little Lily, too. Loving the baby spam xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful pix of Brylee and Miss Lily. Thanks to Bex and Steve for allowing all the pix. I love seeing her every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can understand y the photos of brylee and lily bought U to tears. Love the photos brings joy to my heart though my grand daughter is 16 still miss seeing photos of her. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the baby photos. She is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiwionholidays9:38 PM

    Aww super special every one of those pics loving them thanks to all the crew for allowing you to,post them too,
    Funny weather everywhere Chris it’s all out of kilter friends n family in Christchurch had 34 deg n were across the Tasman and only got to 28;so enjoy the pool you ones pit in
    It was well worth the effort

    Have a fantastic market day tomorrow and a gr8 weekend as we plan to here as well
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the Lily pictures ... that one with Brylee holding her, so precious. Speaking of Brylee, did she get her shoulder issues take care of?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.