Wednesday, January 17, 2024

NO HIDING, NO FILTER


Some years ago, I discovered my phone had an app on it, that I could use when taking photos of myself, to smooth out the wrinkles.
I quite liked it.
And I've used it pretty much every time I took a photo of myself, or another person.

Yesterday I decided I was NO LONGER going to use it.
It is fake.  My face was 'fake'.
The app hid all my facial imperfections and wrinkles.

I'd seen far too many people use filters to completely alter how they really look.  One girl I know does it so much you would never even recognise her in real life!
I don't want to be like that.

So, today I am going to show you the REAL ME.
Wrinkles and all.
And, you better get used to them, because I've had to!


ABOVE: There ya go.  ME.  No fake, unlined face ever again. p.s.:  The only makeup I have on is eye liner, eye shadow, mascara and lippy.  NO foundation or contouring shit.  I've never used contouring shit btw.

ABOVE:  Hold on!  One more.  I sleep on my left side, so that side of me face is even more wrinkled than the other side.  It does my head in, but meh, nothing I can do about it.
I don't believe in 'anti wrinkle' creams and so on.  If they actually WORKED, no one would have bloody wrinkles would they!

ABOVE:  No wrinkles on this little one.

ABOVE:  She is just so tiny and precious.  AND I've still not seen her with her eyes open!

And ... back to life, as we know it.
I still have to visit the bank for cash for Saturday.
And I want to get a couple more runners made before then as well.

Also, my house needs a bit of dusting and polishing done.  So, that's me jobs for the day.

BACK LATER...

12.23 pm:  I have been out and about all morning!
First up, I went to The Base...

ABOVE:  It was practically deserted.  But then, I was there pretty early.
I got my float, a few toiletries from The Chemist Warehouse, then it was on to Countdown and the local hot bread shop for morning tea supplies.

ABOVE:  Morning tea with Amanda, Liam, Emily and Lacy.  Bit of a yak, then off I went to my next destination.

ABOVE:  I took lunch to Bex and the boys, Lily was quite content with just milk.
Well I say content... but she is still learning how to nurse, so she showed us all she has a temper!
Little red headed spitfire.

ABOVE:  I haven't lost me touch.  She settled down very nicely on me.

An hour there, then finally time to get home, throw open all the windows and do some jobs around the house.

3.53 pm:  I have been doing a little sewing this afternoon.  And responding to messages and emails.  I got me tits in a knot over one email... and was a bit cross.
I will tell you about it once I'm not likely to get flak for it.  But I'll just say this, I'm never taking orders for runners etc again.

I am so hot and sticky, it might be time to jump in the pool and cool off.

7.09 pm:  Steve and his boys arrived for a late afternoon/early evening swim.  It's about the only way to cool off right now.
Now they have left, and Stew and I are just sitting in the family room, fans on, watching the telly.
I think I will probably stay here until...

14 comments:

  1. You look lovely!
    Somebody wake that girl up! I want to see her eyes!
    The boys look like wonderful big brothers! Way to go Dante & Archer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:59 AM

    Nothing wrong with your photos Chris. You look great. For myself? I have no idea how to filter so what you see is what you get. Hope Bex is going well. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used a filter on my camera or phone. If the photo is too bad I delete it :) I can't wear mascara due to having an eye condition called blepharitis (damn) but that's life. I only put on face cream to moisturise and make me feel better, like you I don't think they do anything for wrinkles :) Lily is gorgeous and there is so much likeness to her brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are more beautiful without the filter. Love seeing Miss Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:31 PM

    Love the earrings Chris. As for the wrinkles, yours aren't bad, you could look like an apple doll like lots of people I know. Give that baby an extra special hug, she is adorable and so lucky to have you and two adoring brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up 'Apple Dolls' on the 'net. Yeah kinda glad I'm not that wrinkled!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1:58 PM

    You dont need any filters. You look great Chris. And that Lily is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:48 PM

      From Laurie I dont know why my name has stopped showing up! Just wanted you to know

      Delete
  7. It will be very into see what colour eyes Lily has. My red haired daughter has brown eyes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nawww love the pic of you and Lily…the love shines 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Oh! Eyes open!
    Happy to see Amanda, Liam, Emily and Lacy too!

    I am sorry about the table runner email. I can't even imagine what happened, but it would be sickening to have a complaint about something like that. Something made with so many materials and hours of time..... I hope it turned out okay.

    I just get sick to my stomach whenever I get sour messages or emails......
    I got a message the other day stating they received their order just fine, but I didn't put tape on the part of the box that has tabs that fit together. She said she didn't need scissors to open the box. And the next order she wants more tape. But... she told me she was kind enough to message me rather than leave negative feedback. OMG!!! WHATT!!!! The tabs are there so you don't need tape! The box has a self adhesive strip, PLUS I added tape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the email. I am sure your runners are perfect. Great to see Miss Lily with her eyes open. Hope she gets feeding figured out quickly for both her and Bex.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:00 PM

    Lily is sooo tiny. She is so cute though I love the milk drunk piccy. Omg I accidentally took a video of myself and found out about it much lately - what a shocker that was - and the angle was even more unflattering. Love that you can delete. Remember back in the day you took photos, waited for them to be developed, paid for them and then got the sad results. At least now you can do a do over if needed. But Chris you have lovely coloured eyes and gorgeous hair, envy from me I have black curly hair and brown eyes. My daughter was born with a red tinge in her hair but it changed to a light brown over time even though we have a few red heads in the family. It's so interesting how it comes about. In our family it seems to be more common in the boys, but in yours it seems to be the girls. I'm not sure how these things work out, my sister and I are nothing alike, yet my cousin and her sister who are about 14 years apart are spitting images of each other it so bizarre. Maria (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rhonda7:40 PM

    Oh baby Lily is Devine. Thank you for sharing her. The love for her shines in her 💕💕💕. You look lovely Chris. You are 65 and have earned everyone of those wrinkles. I’m with you but I’m 3 years older so more wrinkles than you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.