Saturday, January 06, 2024

DIFFERENT



Another day, another runner finished.

I'm on a roll again.  

I said yesterday this next one would be a little different to my recent runners, so here it is:

ABOVE:  See?  It's still a Braid Runner, but it's got BLUE in it.  What do you think of it?

Should I make another one?

Excuse me if I don't actually wait for your reply... you fullas are a bit slow at replying sometimes.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‰

So... I'm gunna lay out another runner this morning, and then get to work on it.

Stew is really enjoying the series 'The Good Doctor', he's about 4-5 episodes behind me. So I think he will be watching more of that today.

I might also 'encourage' him to take a look at the old vanity.  He is going to take the sink top off and put a wooden 'lid' on it, so it can be used for storage etc. He's got another whole week off work, so it's something productive he can do.

Last night Steve went online and found the exact bath spout and mixer that I want for our bath.

ABOVE: They will be ordered on Monday all going well... slowly getting all the bits 'n' bobs necessary.  It's just a bit exciting. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

Next on the list to get is a new towel rail, and hand rail.  

And that is me for now....

BACK LATER...


Well, if you thought the black/white and blue runner was different... wait till you see the next one!

ABOVE:  It would be safe to say this has been the hardest one yet to lay out!

I had to do 8 lay outs until I was actually happy with it.  EIGHT!  I usually get it right in 1 or 2 lay outs.

Stew and I are going out to Karapiro for lunch today.  There is a lovely cafe out there called Podium.  We haven't been out there since June last year.  I will be interested to see the swinging pole.

ABOVE: This is how it was, no barrier at either end to stop kids getting hit when walking past.

I contacted the council about my concerns.  They said they would 'look into it".  So I am very keen to see if anything was done.

Now, back to me sewing.

11.45 am, we left for Karapiro.  Steve, Bex and the boys followed us out.  Lacy was invited, but chose to stay home and do her washing!


ABOVE: Just saying 'Hi' on the expressway.

We saw rabbits at the Cambridge off ramp, that made my day.  I've not seen rabbits there in a while.

Well, I've not been out to Cambridge in a while either.

The food at The Podium was amazing.

So damn nice.  So worth it.




ABOVE: There was a Scout Jamboree on at the lake, lots of activities going on.

Everyone looked to be having a whale of a time.




ABOVE: Waiting to cross the dam at Lake Karapiro.


ABOVE:  The X marks the spot where Bex spotted lots of Koi in the water.  They are a pest and eradication of them is ongoing.  Probably never get rid of them though.


ABOVE: Koi sunbathing.


ABOVE: A little water whirlpool where two currents meet down river from the power station.

ABOVE: Home, and the kids are swimming in summer rain.

It's hot and muggy.

Oh and I forgot to say, NOPE.  There is NO barrier at either end of that log swing.

7.45 pm: Gosh it's been a really lovely day.

After I finished in the sewing room for the afternoon, I jumped in the pool with Stew, and now we are both watching The Good Doctor until...

12 comments:

  1. I like the blue 🩡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:09 AM

    If that’s brown....
    Yeh, nah. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It DOES have a bit of brown in it! You will now just have to wait and see how much. lol

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9:11 AM

    A yes vote for blueπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it with the blue added into it.
    Southgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:01 AM

    I love it. Great colours and textures.kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:32 PM

    Love the colors for the next runner. I hope yo enjoy making it. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course - the new runner with blue is fab! I am intrigued by the next one too! I wonder if there is a barrier on the swing yet. Or if that swing is still there at all. It certainly seems like a knock in the mouth waiting to happen! But... It also looks FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That food looks amazing. I better get some lunch I think

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:28 PM

    Steve's face in the car🀣

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:31 PM

    Steve ya Muppet πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ started watching The Good Doctor very interesting so far πŸ‘ that burger looks amazeballs GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:54 PM

    Blue looks good...that log swing should be taken down...if they put a barrier up some one might get squashed between the swinging log and the barrier...your lunch looks very yummy...I have a hint for weight loss...get a security camera at your front door and see yourself going in and out...eeekkk for me...lol...Peta

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.