Monday, January 15, 2024

MORE BABY SPAM

 


Today, if all is going well with recovery, Bex and Lily will be able to go home today.


Steve is dropping the boys off here bright and early, so he can get to work for a couple of hours.

Then later on this morning he has an appointment at the hospital for his Pancolitis.  His condition is, quite simply, out of control right now.

Going on the Clinical Trial (which was a dud for him), has taken him backwards in a big way.  Now he has to start back on medications to get it under control again.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long, but more likely it will take a couple of months at least.

ABOVE:  This is the 'Name Wall Hanging' I made for Lily.  

At some point I will make her a little quilt as well.  Bex needs to pick the panel, I have at least 12 for her to choose from.  *smiles*

ABOVE:  Another darling girl who has my name, my Mum's name and my Great Grandmother's name.  Keera also has Christina as her middle name and so does Lacy.

ABOVE:  HANDS.  Steve, Dante, Archer and Lily.


ABOVE:  HANDS: Stew, Steve and Lily.

I am going to TRY and limit the number of baby photos I put on here.

Can't have you getting sick to death of them. 😂😅😊

Stew is back to work today, having had three full weeks off.  I am sure he hates the idea of being back in the office.

My day is going to look like this:

Get up ... have the boys here till at least after lunch.

Then they will go home, and if the sun is out, I'll be in and out of the pool for the afternoon.

I will probably, at some point, start another runner.

Not sure what colour combo yet.

This is the one I finished yesterday:

ABOVE:  I'm really happy with this one.  The black and blue is very complimentary.  And it's mostly Kiwiana fabrics, so should appeal to someone.

I feel like I should be making more of my 'free style' runners.  Like Wonky Houses, or Fish... but seriously, the Braid Runners are the clear favourite at markets right now... so might as well make more!

BACK LATER...


1.11 pm.  I've had a lovely, busy morning.

The boys arrived and immediately settled down with a pancake breakfast that Steve got from McDonalds for them.

Then they played on their Chrome Books while I did some jobs.

I watered all the gardens/pots/veges etc.

Then I tended the pool, chemicals in, pump on etc.

After that I went into my sewing room and made this:

ABOVE:  A shorter Bee Braid Runner today.  I really love making this particular colour combo.

Once that was finished, I came into the house and fed the boys.

Then I made them do a quarter of an hour of exercise.

They were just a little surprised!  But they would sit on their butts all day if they could.

ABOVE:  No, they were not begging for mercy.  They were doing 'girly' push ups!  😂😅

I had them doing laps around the house, star jumps, squats, sit ups and so on.  Poor kids might never want to come here again.  

All is well with Steve and Bex.  

Steve is having his first infusion of a new drug that he is approved for, after that he will pick Bex and Lily up, then swing by here to gather the boys and head home.

I am sure Bex can't wait to get home!  There is nothing like your own comfy couch and bed.

Murphy's Law:  I spent an hour watering everything outside.  Now it's raining. 😖😏

ABOVE:  And the anticipation is high... Mum, Dad and Lily are on their way to pick them up.  They get to go home, for the very first time, as a family of 5.  How special.

Stew and I were very surprised, but delighted, to be invited to Steve 'n' Bex's for dinner this evening.

We all had pizza... so no one had to cook.  It was nice to spend some cosy time with them, and have another little cuddle with Lily.

I got a really good photo of Lily, that shows her red hair.  I will put that one up on the blog tomorrow.

It's 7.33 pm now, and we are home and ready to just chill out for the remainder of the evening, until...

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:10 AM

    Gosh wee Lily looks like her brothers 😍 gorgeous little dot GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily wall hanging came out gorgeous. Runner 64 is eye catching. I let me the blue/black combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never be sick of pix of the gorgeous Miss Lily. Love her name and your name quilt. Hoping they can get Steve well again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny9:36 AM

    Congratulations to Bex and Steve and everyone, she is so lovely. So sorry to her Steve is in a bad way. Hoping for quick recovery for all x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:36 AM

    to *hear, don't type so fast Penny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:29 PM

      Tagging onto your post so I can make a comment. ;-)

      Lily is adorable!! I think she looks like her mother and Archer. And I don't think we'll tire of seeing more pictures. XO Ky Girl

      Delete
  6. Never to many miss lily photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That baby is just precious! Now get a pic with her eyes OPEN! The boys should sleep well tonight after that little workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen her with her eyes open yet!

      Delete
  8. Love the photos of the hands. Great idea. I can imagine how impressed the boys were with their exercise routine. 😍. Fingers crossed Steve has positive results from the new drug. Yeh for Bex and Lily coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wall hanging! And Lily is so pretty. Love all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:48 PM

    Love all the photos and news...I hope Steve is under control again soon...the two dear boys look so sweet looking out the window waiting....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:08 PM

    How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:08 PM

      Ugh. It's me. Colleen xx

      Delete
  12. Congratulations to all finally catching up on the details after 3 days of camping and no reception

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hands photo
    Maybe you Stew Lily ?
    Bex you Lily
    JUST lily lol
    She is just adorable.
    Love the bee runner.
    Been raining all arvo here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:52 PM

    Such a beautiful baby!

    The name wall hanging is really lovely.

    What a fun time!

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh how sweet to be invited for dinner.
    Enjoy 🥰
    Loving all the pics, you have captured some treasures xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.