Thursday, January 04, 2024

AND SO IT BEGINS

 


Summer is here.  

And as per usual, my legs are blowing up with fluid.  It happens all the time, but it's so much worse over summer.

I got on the scales yesterday, and I've had a BIG gain.

But, I know it's not just poor eating over the past two weeks.

ABOVE: Fluid retention... I now have CANKLES and fat feet/legs.

ABOVE:  *sigh*

This morning I will have to take a 'piddle pill' to try and shift some of that fluid.  My legs feel so heavy and stiff, and they are 'ticking'.  It's not nice.

And sure in hell not pretty!

I'm also going to lie on the floor with my feet elevated, that should help as well.

I can continue watching a series on Netflix that I'm thoroughly enjoying.

ABOVE:  I stumbled on it yesterday, and so far I've watched 4 Episodes.  I told Stew about it, and he's on Episode 2.

It's worth a watch, if you like medical dramas, with a little twist.

I doubt I will venture into the sewing room until this afternoon, so I can keep me feet up all morning.

Usually I end up running to the bathroom half a dozen times in the morning... so let's start counting.

Won't that be fun?  Counting how many times I need to pee!  lol

BACK LATER...

8.45 am. So far... Four.

I can already see a huge difference in me legs/feet! Whoop.

12.15 pm:   And I'm up to 7 times now!   It's such a relief there is a solution to the fluid retention.  I've suffered from fluid retention for about 40 years now, and no, it's not a problem with my heart, in case someone suggests that.

I've had all the tests, it is of undeterminable cause.  

YES, it might be due to my Diet Coke intake, but it's not going to kill me, so I will continue to drink it.

DIET COKE does not melt tar, or cause nails to disintegrate, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Oh and YES, I have tried 'doctoring and flavouring' water to make it more palatable to me.

DOES NOT WORK.  It is disgusting.

Now, what have I been up to this morning?

ABOVE:  I moved my Dad's chair from the lower sunroom area, up to this area.  Now the drying rack(s) can stay down in the lower area, out of the way.

I think it looks nice like this, getting rid of all three brown couches freed up lots of room in here.


ABOVE:  Stew completely unboxed the bath, and it is 100% fine.  That's a relief.

Do you think it's too soon to start nagging for it's installation?  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜…


ABOVE:  After that, I went into the sewing room cos... well I love being in there making shit!

And I am 70% done with this one.  It's not going to have borders.

Right now though, I'm taking a break.  Having some lunch.


ABOVE:  It's 3 pm, and I just finished this fairly long Bee Braid Runner.  I love the bee in the middle.  

And that's me done sewing for the day.

It's time for a swim.

Our swim was just what we needed to cool down this afternoon.  

After that, we just chilled out for a while.

Stew is now at the pub for a couple of hours, and I'm pottering around, topping up the pool, picking tomatoes, watering the fruit trees and so on.

ABOVE:  I'm happy to say most of the fluid on my legs/feet has been piddled out.

THREE KILOS worth I might add.  That's a colossal amount of fluid to have on board unnecessarily.  

I might just stay here now, feet up until...

11 comments:

  1. I always get that in the summer too. It's so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:14 AM

    Am going to say it at the risk of being told to f*** off, but drinking lots of water pushes it through the system. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are funny. Me drink WATER! Yeah NAH.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:14 AM

      I have started adding a small amount of Barkers lemon and barley to water and it goes down much easier!! Audrey

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed The Good Doctor. I stopped watching it ... Or more accurately... forgot to resume watching after a season ended. Maybe I should figure it where I left off...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays4:38 PM

    Had to laugh at a couple of things but to answer one …???
    No asking more than once is not nagging,

    In HJ this morning the young girl asked me twice πŸ‘about my drink ,,coke no sugar no ice so did I think she was nagging lol
    Not at all

    The Bath idea sounds stunning and it’s gonna be fabulous to have in the winter
    Great to catch up with you all on here and totally get the swollen feet etc

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too, drink Diet Coke almost exclusively. No swollen legs here. Well.... Maybe. I did get pelted with a Pickleball today and my leg is swelling up in that spot. I reckon I will have a bruise tomorrow.
    How about mushroom or Pink Flamingo runners? Oh my. Endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bee runner is so gorgeous 😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:43 PM

    It doesn't matter what fluid you drink as long as you are getting fluids .....in fact coke and Diet Coke both contain caffeine which is a diuretic anyway...pooling of fluid in the legs, means you have a weaker venous return system...especially when standing a lot..or even varicose veins....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have varicose veins in my legs, both calves and upper thighs. AND one in my upper arm! They are quite noticeable now. I hate them, but they are not causing me any problems yet.

      Delete
  8. Wow 3kg. Put those feet up and cool off. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.