Tuesday, January 23, 2024

MORE BATHROOM WORK

 


Sometime today the plumber is coming back to fit the mixer and spout now that Steve's put the jib board up.

There are definite steps involved in this sort of job.  Things have to happen in the correct sequence or it doesn't work out.

ABOVE:  That's the wall/pipes/plumbing covered up.    Next step is getting the drainpipe cut to size and a gully trap installed, whatever that is!

Still lots to do.... bath in, walls prepped for paint/panelling etc etc.

It's not a two hour job, that's for sure.

Once all that is done I get to tittivate.  Shelves and so on.  That's going to be fun.


ABOVE:  Our darling Lily last night.

Things are going really, really well with her (and Bex).  Baby is feeding well, sleeping well overnight, and has her 'fussy' time during the day.  Which is way better than in the middle of the night!


ABOVE:  I saw this on Facebook yesterday and was like... SPOT ON!

Though I don't have too much to do to get me life 'together'... age sorts out so much. 

CATCH YA LATER...

8.26 am.  And I have been dicking around with paint again this morning.

Stew looked at the two samples on the wall last night.  I thought the original colour was too bright, so toned it down with some black, and quite liked it.

Stew didn't.  He liked the original colour.

So I've just doctored it again, and it's more like the original colour now.

I'm sticking with that.  

And I'm not showing you until it's all done and painted in the bathroom! 

My next job was to hang out washing.  And I did put it outside, cos while we have had some rain overnight, I don't believe we will get any more.

Then I decided to get on with making another runner bag for markets, to lessen the confusion of what goes where.  It's a thing.

So I go into the sewing room and immediately am like, well bugger!

ABOVE:  I really thought I'd already done a big tidy up in here.  😖  Obviously not.  So that's me next job, before I make the runner bag.

SO TYPICAL.  IT'S NOW RAINING.

Dogstars:  I sweep all the bits into a pile and pick it up by hand before I vacuum.  And today Lacy is doing the vacuuming for me... thank goodness, cos my back is not happy.

I have been having a ball pottering around in the house today.  I've got quite a few jobs done.

There is something I have to go out to buy, but damned if I can remember what it is!  Grrrr.  It will come back to me at some point... WAITNG for the lightbulb moment.

ABOVE:  I can always rely on Lacy to give me a hand.  Thanks Lacy, I really appreciate all you do for me.

My plumber is a no show... perhaps he will turn up after lunch?

I had hoped to visit Bex and the kids by now... 😒


1.43 pm:  And Steve rang the plumber and got an eta.... so he should be here soon.


ABOVE:  In the meantime, I went to Mitre 10 for some paint rollers... and then very quickly visited Bex and the kids.  I got a little hold of Lily before she got fretful and wanted to be fed again.  

Home now awaiting the plumber.  I've done a little paint prep work, just painted over the samples on the wall.   Pigmented sealer sure stinks!  

It has turned into another of those damn annoying days where ya run around opening, then closing all the windows!  We've had some more rain, quite heavy too.  Great for the gardens.  And I don't even care that the washing is getting a 2nd and 3rd rinse!  'Tis just linen, not something we will run out of any time soon.

2.09 pm:  And the plumber is back, and he's drilling into me bathroom flooring, which is solid concrete.  Noisy bugger.  I will be happy once this step is done.  

ABOVE:  Man am I happy I didn't actually start the painting properly.  The dust!  At least James thought to close the bathroom door, all the dust is staying in there.

He's such a lovely young man, very thoughtful.  AND YES, I told him to leave his work boots on.  Safety first.

ABOVE: And there we have the next step done.   Mixer, Spout and Gully Trap all ready to go.

James turned the water on, (into a bucket), and we both marvelled at how neat it looked flowing from the spout!

Steve can now put the bath in place, connect it to the gully trap and boom!  Bath is done.

Then I get to do my bit (with Steve's help) ... walls and shelves.

It makes me laugh when I think about how naive I was when I said 'Let's put a bath in there'.   I had no idea just how much was involved.

To some it may seem simple, but it's not!

So happy it is coming together.

It is now 4 pm and thank god, today has been slightly cooler than the past few days.  There's been rain, wind and cloud.

As long as it all passes by Monday, I'll be happy.

Got the Cambridge Church Annual Market on Monday.

Well.... I don't think much more will happen with the bath installation for the next couple of days.

Tomorrow I will do some wall prep work, in readiness for painting and so on.

For now though, it's time to sit and do nothing until it's ....

9 comments:

  1. Hahaa... i agree with that. I can't handle this heat either 🔥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like confetti! Too big to vacuum! Get those boys over to help out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:18 PM

      Tagging on to your post so I can post......Chris - I love how peaceful Miss Lily looks while sleeping. What a precious addition to your family. Ky Girl

      Delete
  3. How true is your statement. Though I don't have too much to do to get me life 'together'... age sorts out so much. Glad the new addition is getting along so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So - you are not going to finish the walls before the tub goes in? Looks like quite a project! What about the hole in the floor?
    The sewing studio cleaned up nicely! Good Job Lacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm going to suggest to Steve we get the walls all done before fitting the bath in. Makes sense really.

      Delete
  5. Lacy you're a gem.
    Cooler here today too, fingers crossed it stayscthst way for us both 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:09 AM

    I realize you are planning to use hot bath in winter.

    I realize you have the pool for hot weather.

    You can use the bath, for the random hot days, when your pool is not open, with tepid water to cool yourself down. It will suck the heat right out of you.

    I think the spigot is going to be great meditation like thing for you, the sound of the water and the waterfall effect, fabulously relaxing.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!! Love your runner pictures on your wall too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.