Friday, January 26, 2024

LAZY TART

 


I've been in a funk the past couple of days.

I know it's only because I'm over tired, not sleeping well etc.

But still, the funk hit.

I feel guilty on a daily basis.  Stew goes to work to support us.  I do NOTHING.

I often think I should get a job, but really, the only sort of job I would qualify for now is what I was doing in Cambridge, and I don't want to do that again.  It was hard work, and as we all know, I'm no spring chicken anymore.

So, I stay home and fritter my days away, feeling guilty cos Stew is working his butt off for us.

The cost of living is just going up and up and it's frightening sometimes.

Our City Council is raising the rates by over 25%!  WTF? That is HUGE.  And it filters it way down to virtually EVERYONE.... because all property owners have to try and offset that increase somehow. 

So everything goes up again.  When will it stop?

*sigh*... I need to stop letting it all upset me I suppose.  If ya can't do anything about it, you have to learn to live with it.

How about something gorgeous to look at instead?

ABOVE:  Taken yesterday of Lily, and added to the ones of Dante and Archer. 

Special memories for all of us.

I left the tin with Bex for now, so she can take a few more with Lily wearing a bow.

We tried yesterday but Lily wasn't having any of it.  Stroppy little munchkin.

ABOVE:  Another adorable photo taken yesterday by them, and sent to me.  

My plans for this morning are to go for a mall walk... not that I feel like it!  It's just so damn hot and humid.

But, I have to otherwise I'll be gaining weight again, and I don't want that.

BACK LATER...


ABOVE:  Another good walk this morning, in full sun.  Luckily when we leave, it's still quite cool.

And there is a good bit of shade from kerbside trees.

Now that I'm home I'm not sure what I'll get up to.  Time will tell.

12.16 pm:  I ended up doing some prep work in the sewing room.  Then I went and visited Bex and the kids.  I got a cuddle with Miss Lily which was delightful. I swear she smiled at me!

Might have been wind.  Might not.  Only she knows.  lol

Now... I'm going to get in the pool and then work on me tan.  It's too hot to do anything else.

ABOVE:  Look who came for dinner. 

Well, her family did.  And I ain't cooking... Steve ordered dinner in.

I have no idea what we are having, something to do with meat? lol





ABOVE:  Just a few more!  Marley seems to love the baby, and just wants to lick her non stop.  She finally settled for just lying beside her.

9.19 pm:  Well today is done and dusted.  It's been a really nice day, spent with family, swimming and just having a good time.
Loving summer so far, even though it has been a bit hot.

12 comments:

  1. Stew is going to stab you 16 times when he reads this! He LOVES you. You are family. Your household like billions of others has one bread winner. Now - if you want to work for extra money or just to keep busy - go for it. But don't feel obligated. Guess what ? You have retail sales experience. You could find a cute / crafty / artsy little shop to putter around in. Or just keep doing what you have been doing. Be there for the house, the hubby, the kids, the grandkids, the canines, the pool, and so on. It doesn't all take care of itself! I KNOW you are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Marie... you can't get a pension because your husband still works? Here EVERYONE gets a pension when they turn 65 with no means test. Chris, I know what you mean because I haven't worked since I stopped the nanny work and I did feel guilty too! Now that I bring in my 'pension' I don't feel so bad :)

      Delete
    2. Opps I posted that under the wrong person, should have been Marie :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:43 AM

    Lily is gorgeous Chris. I retired 3 years ago, I can’t get pension as husband still working, so live off pension from my superannuation, turn 70 in April and keep good health except for knees and back but do heaps of exercise to keep them loose, but I got a job at Woolworths supermarket, I only wanted 2 x 3 hour shifts a week, they like old people as we are reliable. Am not suggesting you should get a job but you’d be surprised that they appreciate oldies. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do a LOT. You keep the house immaculate, you cook, clean and support Stew. You also have your side hustle of the markets which brings in a bit extra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was about to say exactly the same πŸ‘Œ

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:02 AM

    If you did work for money it would affect your tax (and I think Stew's as well) now that you are on superannuation. Don't ever feel guilty about what you do with your life and if Stew is happy with the status quo then you should forget about working outside the home. After all, you could be taking a job away from someone who desperately needs it!! Remember, the more things you worry about the less sleep you will get - it is a vicious circle. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:39 AM

    Chris - Your job is the beautiful home that you keep. And you do have a beautiful home. If your current lifestyle is working for you and Stew, then don't feel guilty about it. Yes, you fluff around in your sewing room, but you work your butt off in order to have the inventory you sell. No one else is making all of that product but you. You and Stew do you and Stew. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks or says. Plus, now that Miss Lily is here, Steve and Bex will need you more often, especially with Steve's health issues. I hate he's so ill and I hope the infusion he took a while back is doing him some good. Put happy thoughts into your head, Chris...and kick the ugly ones to the curb. XO, Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:47 PM

    Chris, I'm sure Stew is extremely happy with your contributions. You are an immaculate housekeeper and beautiful chef and you are busy sewing gorgeous markets most days. Don't worry. You do heaps. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:52 PM

    Lilly is adorable...now that you are getting the pension that would make a big difference to your finances? you are lucky in New Zealand, compared to Aussie with that...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiwionholidays10:32 PM

    It’s late there now so you’re probably asleep
    You are doing a fantastic job not all things in life are in a literal pay packet and you guys have a loving relationship great family and friends and I am in the same boat due to circumstances and love the life we have ,even with the judder bars that spring up from time to time πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ’―πŸŽΈ

    The photos and fun day I loved reading about ,
    You’ve got this Chris like the others said πŸ’―❤️πŸ’
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:46 AM

    Please lay off the suntanning, I am. Paying the consequences now for doing it when I was your age. I have little scars all over my face from skin cancer removal.. now I have a big one on my back that is confirmed by biopsy and waiting for an appointment to have that removed. I am lucky that none has been melanoma but my husband had a melanoma on his face that was caught early and removed. I only go out very early morning now to do grocery shopping and stay in house rest of the time. Gigi

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.