Sunday, January 21, 2024

BATHROOM RENO

 


It is starting!

Today Steve is coming over to cut a big hole in my bathroom wall.

It's to expose the plumbing, so the actual plumber can come in and connect up our new bath.

I'm getting so excited to see it coming together.

There are several other things that need to happen as well.

I've decided to have some panelling put up on the wall around the bath.  Steve is going to do that for us.

I am also getting some new shelves for the room, to hang towels, and to store things like bath bombs, pretty soaps and so on.

And a handrail, to help get in and out of the bath as we age.  Not that I can see Stew in the bath anytime soon, but ya never know.  He might feel like a nice long, hot soak in the middle of winter.

I know that's the big thing I'm looking forward to the most. 😊😌  When I'm chilled to the bone... getting in a lovely hot bath.  BLISS.

ABOVE:  After our swim yesterday, we were all just lounging around... and Stew said "This is how I think of summer, sitting here in the sun enjoying a beer".

Me to darling, me too... well without the beer.

ABOVE:  After some bumpy days with establishing nursing, this little darling has finally cottoned on to it.  Her jaundice is also resolving itself, making her less sleepy and more alert now.  She is looking more and more like her brothers.  The family resemblance is very strong.

Right, I don't need to get outta bed yet, so I won't.  

CATCH YA LATER

A couple of weeks ago, maybe more, I bought a 'Counter Top' cucumber plant.
The idea was you kept it inside on your counter top, and just plucked the mini cucumbers off as they grew.
Yeah.  I watched it slowly start to die.  It just wasn't happy there, so I put it on the dining table.  No improvement.
So this morning, I decided it needed to go outside.
I asked Stew to bring up one of our Vege pods from around the back ...

ABOVE:  I knew exactly where I wanted the vege pod, which meant Stew had to move this big pot ...

ABOVE:  But not too far!   I was so kind, I got him the hand truck to help.  😂😊  

ABOVE: And there ya go, in it's new place.  I hope it does well there, cos those little cucumbers are very yummy.

ABOVE:  Yeah, I made him bring up another vege pod, cos I thought having the lettuces growing nearby would be a neat idea too.

ABOVE:  Very handy there.  And it doesn't crowd that area too much, maybe a little?  Meh, I don't care.

Stew's now escaped... gone down to the mall to get himself some more singlets.  I stayed home so we didn't have to go around and close every window in the house.

Steve, Bex and the kids are due over here after lunch, so Steve can do that bathroom job.

I have a multitude of photos from this afternoon, but they will have to wait until tomorrow.
We are heading off to Cambridge for a meal at our 'old' favourite Indian Restaurant.
It's been a couple of years since we were there, time to go back.

ABOVE: We now have a bigger hole in the bathroom wall... exposing the plumbing in readiness for the plumber.
With any luck he can come sometime this coming week.

On to dinner:

ABOVE: A mixed platter for two, entree.
DELICIOUS.

ABOVE:  I had butter Chicken, Stew had Chicken Tikka Masala.  Both were amazing.
I have to say it, while the Hamilton Restaurant is closer, the Cambridge one is SO MUCH BETTER.
The food is just more flavoursome.
We will be going back to Cambridge from now on.

ABOVE: Even the Garlic and Cheese Naan was to die for.  We couldn't eat it all so gifted some to the people at the next table.  They were very thankful.
Waste not, want not eh?

We are home again now, and will probably blob out in front of the telly till...


NITE NITE

11 comments:

  1. You can definitely tell they are siblings! All a bunch of cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the genes are definitely strong. Omg she's a cutie 💓

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:06 AM

    Thank you for all your lovely comments over the past while. I read them all and really appreciate all your love and support. little lily has definitely completed this little family of ours .
    Bexs💚💙❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Lily is rather cute 😀

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:49 PM

      Lily is such a beautiful little baby girl, you are such a lovely person Bex, I am happy everything is going so well for you and Lily. What a gorgeous family you all are.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous6:44 AM

      Hi, it’s me Maggie from Melbourne Au I will have to change Anonymous to my name.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous4:46 PM

    Had to laugh at the comment that you stayed home so you didn’t have to close all the windows - we do that too! Panelling around your bath is going to look awesome. Look forward to seeing the renovations in progress! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm naughty I leave the windows open moving to mum in end March so going to need a security window screen cause mum even shuts her windows when she goes for Nanna nap so I'm not gonna be able cope with that. Miss Lilly is already changing so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lily is so cute 🥰

    That meal looks way delicious 😋

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grab bar by the bath is an excellent idea. I have to get on my knees to get out of my soaking tub. :) Just love Lily's red hair ... she's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:06 PM

    Yum. Dinner looks delicious. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.