Thursday, January 18, 2024

PRETTY SPOUT

 


My plan for today goes something like this:

First up, a walk.  Probably at the mall as it's going to be another STINKIN' HOT DAY.

Then home to finish off a runner I started yesterday.

After that, I am going to be a bloody sloth, and lie in the sun and swim in the pool.  And not much else.

Steve bought my new bath tapware over last night, and I'm really happy with them.


ABOVE: The thing I love about this 'spout' is that it doesn't look like a 'normal' water spout.  The water will flow through and drop into the bath from a height.  A bit like a waterfall, which is exactly what I wanted. 

Steve did the searching for me and found it.  I'm so thrilled with it.  

This weekend (Sunday) Steve will come over and prepare the existing wall, ready for the plumber to do his thing.

All going well, we might have our bath up and running in 2-3 weeks.

BACK LATER...

ABOVE: Chartwell Square nice and early this morning.  I decided to walk around the perimeter of the mall first, I did that twice then went inside.

ABOVE:  Of course being inside the mall meant my walking app didn't record distance or pace... just time.
I was happy with doing an hour today.

ABOVE: Then I remembered my phone records STEPS... so there ya go.  I've done me steps for the day already.

I'd no sooner got all the windows open and about to step in the shower, and I get a call from Bex.
She needs something from the chemist.  So... the clothes go back on, the windows get closed and off I go.

Mission completed, I got to see the kids and Bex again today. *smiles*

ABOVE:  The classic little chicken legs of a newborn.   So many memories from my 6 + 2.

ABOVE:  Let's take this one again in a year shall we.  😊

ABOVE:  The very proud Mummy.  Lily has Bex's dimples.  

AND NOW.. I am gunna get in the sewing room, My Joyful Space, and finish off a runner.

ABOVE:  2 pm: And that's a wrap for the day.  I'm done with sewing until at least Sunday.
I'm tired... and hungry.  Time for lunch.


After lunch I really wanted to swim/lie in the sun.  No such luck.  We had some rain, and since then it's been really cloudy.
So I've been watching a Netflix doco about Tilikum the Killer Whale.  So sad for the whales.

11.03 pm:  Meh.  A very quiet evening here.  Stew went to the pub for a couple of hours.
He found it unbearably hot walking home again, silly bugger should have rung me, I'd have picked him up.  
So, we blobbed out for the rest of the evening.
And now it's ...

5 comments:

  1. I just read our post and hit "comment" and it blipped and there was new info! I think you posted as I was hitting comment. I can't wait to see the finished bath! I am trying to figure out if our son will be up to playing pickleball tonight or if he wore himself out with some other exercise. You are doing great keeping up with your walking! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Lily looks like she has long legs and long fingers in the photo. She is a cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie! I like the bee runner too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocking that walking Chris. My walking buddy is away till Monday but I donned the joggers early and walked. Gotta keep moving ehhhh ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:19 AM

    My middle daughter has very pronounced dimples and people were surprised by them when she was a baby. Evidently in 1994, they didn’t understand people are born with dimples, babies can have dimples. She was a very smile-y baby, so it was a constant topic of conversation.

    My kids pre-date pharmacy drive thru’s. I had no one to call to run for me. More than once I banged on the backdoor of the pharmacy to have one of the staff run and get something for me, sick kids in the car.

    We are at 20 degrees fahrenheit (-6.667 celsius) and it feels like a heat wave. We have been 0 degrees fahrenheit (-17.778 celsius) most of the week.
    Ice is terrible, everywhere.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.