Monday, October 02, 2023

SIX DAYS TO GO

HAPPY 23RD BIRTHDAY TO OUR BONUS DAUGHTER... BRYLEE.

We hope you are having an awesome holiday with Dom, and you enjoy your special day.

There's only six days left before the upcoming market on Sunday the 8th.  I'm confident I have enough stock for it.

I'd like to get 2-3 more Kiwiana Braid Runners finished before the markets at the end of the month.

I have Dante and Archer this morning while Bex works... and Tue/Wed and Thursday.  So our walks today and Wednesday will be in the afternoon.

Juggling things around, it's all good.

Steve and Bex did some essential shopping on the weekend...

ABOVE:  Looks exciting!  Anyone would think they were having a BABY.


ABOVE:  A cute little bassinette.


ABOVE:  Yeee gods!  A very confusing heap of pram/pushchair/car seat and car seat base.  It all works/clicks/integrates together.


ABOVE: The car seat comes off the car's base, and clicks onto the pram frame.


ABOVE: Then there's a bassinette.  It can be forward or rear facing....


ABOVE: Then the bassinette converts into a pram seat. Again, it can be forward or rear facing.  What an awesome contraption!

ABOVE:  And finally, a Highchair, that can be used as a high chair, low chair or reclined if baby goes to sleep.

What fun!  I think they still have a bit to gather before baby arrives, but there's plenty of time yet.

And that's it from me for now.  I better get up as the boys will be here at 8 am.


I got on the scales...  not there YET.... but maybe tomorrow!  OMG if I reach my second goal you will all hear me!
It's been my 'MAIN' goal for so long now....to get to a certain NUMBER, a number I've not been at for about 14 years!  

Just slowly working away at it... I can feel myself building up to a huge WHOOP!  OMG, OMG, what if I ACTUALLY DO IT?

It's never too late to be the best you can be.



ABOVE: well we came into town. They enjoyed running up the concrete garden beds ... then off to an Amusement Arcade for a while. 
After here its McDonald's for lunch before heading home.

ABOVE: Garden Place, Hamilton.  It's right in the centre of the main shopping street in the heart of the city.  It's usually deserted.
Or has vagrants in it.  

ABOVE:  It is well maintained, with lovely flower beds.  That is the library in the background, it has lovely art work on it's exterior.

ABOVE:  I'm very surprised the gardens have not been vandalised.  So many unsavoury people hang out around this area now.

The boys didn't last long at the Amusement Arcade, I was rather surprised.
I got them McDonalds on our way home, because they wanted to have their lunch 'at home'.
So that's what we did.

Bex picked them up at 1, then I took off for me walk with Lacy.

Again, it was a very windy day!

ABOVE: This was taken after we finished our walk.  I was boiling hot!  Even though it was blowing a gale and we even had the odd spit of rain!
Afternoon walks in October?  Might not happen again!
We might have to do late in the evening or early in the morning soon, so that I don't overheat.


ABOVE: I just loved the tree stump.  It has so much character.

ABOVE:  Before I got beetroot red in the face!

ABOVE:  I was a bit surprised at our time today.  I fully expected us to be quite a bit slower due to how I was feeling.  But still a sub-35 minute walk!

After our walk, I went to the Chemist Warehouse for some stuff, then came home.


ABOVE:  In between those two outings, I managed to get two Rangitoto Island Runners finished.  Gave them a new name, to distinguish them from normal 'Fish Runners'.

I have one more to finish, then tomorrow I'm going to make a Kiwiana Braid Runner.  Hopefully I'll get 2-3 done before Sunday's market.

LYNDA:  Steve is not feeling any better yet. 

Sadly, I felt a bit ill after I got home from my walk... probably due to getting too hot.
So I lay down on the couch and just relaxed for an hour or so.  
Got up when Stew arrived home from work, and thankfully I felt much better.

I've sorted out the sewing room for a bit of work tomorrow.  So now I can just relax for the evening.

We've had quite a cold snap these past few days, so the hot pods are getting heaps of use again.

Catch ya tomorrow. 

DAY 54 DONE AND DUSTED
Look at all those crosses!  It seemed so daunting when I started this Challenge... but look at me rocking it! 

12 comments:

  1. Baby stuff! How exciting. And congrats on getting so close to this distant goal. You must be REALLY close if you are within DAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make amazing stuff these days for babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to be so close to your goal. You've worked hard and it shows! Happy baby time too ... so fun to start putting it all together for the new bub.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Brylee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Happy Birthday Brylee ! such lovely photos of all the exciting news and the little boys look gorgeous and having fun....I hope Steve will be feeling a lot better soon ... and you are looking great and doing so well......Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Brylee.
    That Goal we can feel the excitement rising I had a car seat clip base pram friggin loved it saved bending removing baby and the in out clip in out scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Brylee.
    So much baby stuff these days. How did we manage without it?!
    Thank you for the comment about being the best you can be. It struck a chord today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Brylee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the baby gear... how is Steve doing with the medical trial? Does he feel any better? Regarding your weight, yes you will reach that goal and hopefully this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so blinken proud of you Ma, not only for you soldiering on with your Challange and our Walks but just your whole attitude towards it all, your Physically and Mentally nailing it, our walks are awesome, never a dull moment, oh and stoked you got some towels in Dory for when you finally accidentally push me in the Lake lol

    Thanks for being my support for our walks, I wouldn't of kept doing them if it wasn't for you xx
    #Lacy💙💜

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Brylee 🎂
    #Lacy💙💜

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh look at that baby gear...how exciting 😍

    Happy Birthday Brylee 🎂

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.