Thursday, October 26, 2023

NUMBER 42

 

ABOVE:  Number 42.

This one I hummed and haaaed over for a while.  I wasn't sure the lighter coloured border fabric would 'work'.

Thankfully, it does.

So, I'll be making another one, very similar to this one, today.  I'll probably put a darker border fabric on it to change it up.

First off though, will have to visit Spotlight for more black fabric.   Man I go through heaps of it!

I only recently bought 10 metres of it *sigh*.

Not much else on my agenda for today, sorry.

It's going to be me, sewing.  

Being in my sewing room used to be my 'happy place'.  

A few things have transpired in there lately that now make it my 'ponder and muse' place.  I go over things that have been said, phone calls, texts, emails etc that I've received while in there.

It's upsetting cos it's kinda ruined my happy place.

Now when I'm in there all I think about is those things that have upset me of late.  Things just go around and around in my head and wind me up.

HOW can I change this??? Cos I don't want the actions of others to ruin my HAPPY PLACE forever.

I've tried 'letting go' of what's happened, but just can't.

I firmly believe though, that KARMA will get them in the end.  It already got one of them.   

I.  WILL.  WAIT... for the rest to get theirs.



Ummmm.... my blood test results.


Here's something I did NOT tell you.

While I was doing my 'eat right', No takeaways etc for 73 days (plus about a week either side)... I completely STOPPED taking all my Diabetes medication.

YEP.  

I wanted to see what happened to my HbA1c number, if I dropped sugar completely, and kept my carbs VERY LOW. And upped my exercise too.

Well... the results are in.
My HbA1c went up by:   SIX POINTS.
Six measly points!

55 to 61.

The last time I went off my medication my HbA1c went up to 121.

So.  I'm actually perfectly happy with my results!
All other 'levels' tested were perfect too.

I am going to talk to my doctor about dropping how much medication I take, not completely obviously.  Cos I am still diabetic.  But I have just proved resoundingly that I can control it with diet and exercise.

Let's see what he says.  One medication that I will never take again in Jardiance.  That one cause me to get my first ever UTI, then Thrush from the antibiotics.  And that dragged on for WEEKS.  Never again.  

And that's enough about health ...  off to sew.

It's now 10 am.  I've been to Spotlight and bought 14 meters of my black fabric (all on the roll), and then I visited Lacy for a little while.  I had to drop off a parcel of hers, that came to our house.


ABOVE:  She's been very clever, and grown an Avocado plant from seed.
She dotes on that plant!

ABOVE:  I am going to try a few things to 'fix' the negative vibe in my sewing room.

I had thought of re-arranging the layout, but seriously, it's taken me years to get it where it is right now, and it WORKS how it is.

So, I've put a wax burner on to make it smell nice (and different), and I'm also going to play different music than my 'norm'.

Let's see if that helps shall we?

Right now, I have 14 meters of fabric to iron and fold!  Yaaaa.  Go me.

ABOVE:  How cute is this fabric?   I'm using it today.... trying a slightly different colour way.

And I'm watching Pitch Perfect on Netflix... it's keeping me mind clear.  So far so good.

3.40 pm:  And I've thoroughly enjoyed watching a couple of movies today on Netflix.  Totally kept my mind off bad shit.
And the wax smelly thing is lovely too.

ABOVE:  After watching Pitch Perfect, which I enjoyed, I watched Mamma Mia!   
And OMG I can honesty say, hand on heart, I HATED IT!
I've not heard such bad singing on a movie ever!
And the story line?  Utter Rubbish.
But it kept me entertained, even in a bad way.
lol

I am about 80% done on the latest runner, and will finish it later on, while Stew's at the pub.

For now though, I'm taking a break.

Stew is home, and is not going to the pub tonight.  He had to work late, so no point going out once he got home.
Nice.  We can spend the evening together instead.

I did finish the runner I worked on all day, and even started another one.  Just a black 'n' white Braid Runner this time.

And that's me for the day.  I'm tired.  Stew is tired.  We will just chill out and relax for the remainder of the evening.
Catch ya tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. I love the black runners they are very striking. That’s retesting about the medication be nteredting to see what doctor says eh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea what those numbers mean! Sounds like good progress though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:02 AM

    Do you still ruminate when you listen to something, like a movie or podcast? Or does that keep your attention, occupy your mind, and sort of block it? This works well for me, especially if I am worried/anxious about something (like a medical problem). I lose myself in audiobooks, I use earbuds so I am mobile, getting lots done (not tied to a hardback book and a chair).

    In yoga, every time our mind wanders, we “take it back to the breath” (pay attention to our breathing) and it clears the mind. This works for me when focusing on a task.

    I have heard of people reciting a specific poem or prayer, or singing a set song, every time their mind goes to a negative place. I know from experience that this can work, but chose wisely because you might be doing it a lot at first.

    There is a philosophy where you set a timer and think about the negative things for a set period of time, in a specific place. When the timer goes off, you are not allowed to think of it/them again until the next day. I have heard this can work well also.

    I would suggest that if you are worried about sort of tainting the mojo of your happy place, that you physically leave the sewing room if you are ruminating. Go do something like run the vacuum, walk fast on the treadmill, or scrub a toilet, all of those can be vigorous and you can get out a little aggression. (But you are not going to want to do them all the time. You might stop ruminating to avoid the task.) Then put the thoughts away, find something to positively occupy your mind, and go back to sewing.

    Some people flip it around and when they have a negative thought about a person/group, instead of ruminating/disliking/even hating, they turn it into a prayer, so the other’s negativity is not invading them. This is also a conscious practice.

    It might help to limit your sewing time if this is tied to sewing specifically.

    You could walk several times a day if that helps break up your day and give you company. When it is pool season you can get in the pool twice a day. Maybe one of your girls can do morning, the other afternoon, Stew can do evening, there are also the dogs, if company helps.

    Rumination can be very painful, especially if what ever you are stuck thinking about can not be done/solved/changed. Or if it is unjust. Unjust, being misunderstood, is especially tough I think.

    But ruminating is definitely a habit, so it can be changed.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh thank you Vickie. Some darn good ideas there.

      Delete
  4. My "Happy Place" seems to have worn out too. I tend to focus on finding a new one rather than fix the old one. But fixing the old one is an idea I hadn't considered.
    You are by far the most creative person I know! You're always creating beauty.
    Interesting about your medication, I take blood pressure meds and have always thought it doesn't do anything..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:23 AM

    Go grab yourself a smudge stick and cleanse the room, here is a link on how to do it. Take your space back Chris and don’t let them tarnish it https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-smudge-your-house-1274692

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! That avocado - well done Lacy - I want to do one now haha.
    And that buzy bee fabric - drool!
    And…. Yes a change of scenery in the sewing room to break the “habit” of the brain reaching to those negative thoughts. Hopefully that’ll help you. The comments above about ruminating - I can attest to. I have a stretchy bracelet on my wrist I “ping” when my mind wanders to unwanted places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh xx thank you Emma 😊
      Iv never grown one before, or especially from the seed, seen a video of how to do it on YouTube, and well just kinda followed that 🥰
      So I have another Avacardo in the Frige, can't wait to have that this weekend, then get another seed ready xx
      #Lacy💙💜

      Delete
  7. Fantastic how you improved your health with diet & exercise. I have to work on lowering my cholesterol. My recent test results were not good. I think I need to do a 60 day challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree about mumma mia is crap cant understand all the hype

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:19 PM

    Chris,I took a screen shot of your Diabetes levels to check them against a chart I have got with all the numbers on (I still use % ) and your levels in old money is 7.7% up from 7.2% which is slightly raised but still good compared with your previous higher %. It all goes to show your hard work with diet and exercise was good especially as you stopped taking all your meds.Perhaps your Dr will reduce your meds to see how the levels go over the next three months which is when your blood cells replace themselves.Love your runners and the avocado plant that Lacy has grown from seed.(Wendy in UK)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever girl Lacy, growing that avocado, Ihave had several goes none of which succeeded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep trying Lois Cravino xx one will take and you will figure it out, I was just lucky with my first....well my first actual sprout took then I pinched it way to early and it stopped growing, luckily a new sprout started and took off, and that's the plant you all see now xx (I won't dare pinch this one till iv learnt a bit more lol ) *pinching is a term they use to take leaves off to encroach more height in the stem, at least thats what I remember resourching last so please don't quote me on that.
      P.s any info or tips are gladly appreciated
      #Lacy💙💜

      Delete
  11. Well, thanks for the recommendation - I just finished Pitch Perfect! That was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you on Mama Mia ... so awful I couldn't get past the first part. Really great ideas from Vickie. I like to read mysteries/crime fiction, but there are times when I need to go find something light when life is a little overwhelming. Lacy ... one of my sons, who's quite good at gardening, is still trying to get an avocado grown. He'll be quite jealous of yours. Well done, especially for your first try!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.