Tuesday, October 17, 2023

TWIRLING ME THUMBS

 What to do today???

I really, really don't need to make any more runners or what nots.

I've plenty of stock to carry us through the next few markets.

What did I do before I started sewing shit?

Cos I really am at a loss for stuff to do.

There is ALWAYS housework.

But I have no intention of filling my days scrubbing friggin windows, floors, etc etc.

That's boring.  Oh and I HATE gardening!  Dirt on me hands makes me friggin well SHUDDER!  Just ask Stew.  He'll tell ya, I shit you not.

And I have no intention of getting a job, even a volunteer one.  That would tie me down.  And I hate the idea of being tied down now.

Perhaps I need to go on more walks?  Or visit friends who are home like me.  

IF you are a stay at home person, what do you do all day?  Did you join lots of clubs to fill up your days? 

MEH.... for now I will head off to the shops.  We need some chemicals for the pool.

Oh and I have a curtain that I altered for Lacy.  I will drop that off to her as well while out.

ABOVE: The two Fish Runners I finally got finished last night.  I'm really loving that orange Puffer Fish!  

Right, I'm off ... catch ya later.


10.56 am:  And I didn't just stay in bed like I wanted to.



ABOVE:  Even though it was pissing down with rain, I took myself off for a lake walk.
On me own for a change.
There were virtually no other walkers when I was there.  I think I saw one or two ahead of me, but that was all.
Anyone would think rain was harmful!

ABOVE:  By the time I got back to my car it had stopped raining, but was still looking very bleak out there.
The lake was dead calm today.  The only ripples were from the birds.

ABOVE:  After my walk I stopped in at Lacy's and gave her a curtain track.

ABOVE:  Now, she has privacy at her back door, and the curtain helps keep the heat inside.
BOOM.  Mission accomplished.

She is settling in very well and is SO, SO HAPPY.
I don't think I've seen her this happy in a very long time.

I'm now about to cook some lunch, before doing some housework.

*SIGH*.... I couldn't stay out of the bloody sewing room!
I simply cannot do NOTHING.
So this afternoon I started work on a Christmas Braid Runner.
It will be finished tomorrow at the rate I'm going.

Stew is due home shortly, so I stopped sewing.

Coronation Street is getting very interesting right now.  Lots going on.
So I'm looking forward to that this evening.

The day is done.  I ate ice cream.  I feel bad.
I didn't go to WW this evening.
I wanted Ice Cream instead.
Whoops.

DAY 69 DONE AND DUSTED
OMG... it's getting so close!  I hope I don't go overboard come Saturday!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:02 AM

    Chris I’m a gym goer, have been for 40 years, not everyone’s thing I know. You may need a little toning now you’ve lost weight, not judging by the way. You can get someone from the gym to write a program for you, starting off with light weights and see how you go. Just a suggestion that’s all. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:40 AM

      I was thinking the same thing, but I suggest a class, not working solo.

      Look for a seniors style class where you will not get hurt. Maybe hand weights or Pilates. (I do yoga, attending a class almost every day.)

      One thing that I do is use moderation. I do lots of things every day, but in small increments.

      Vacuuming is good example, a room a day, never the whole house.

      I sew almost every day, but for a short time so I do not hurt. I still get a lot done, slow but steady. I always have a project going.

      Do I remember you had painting to do? Or maybe you got all the rooms done another summer?

      I wonder if you might like a book group. Or a writing group. Or another type of art class, like drawing. Not to sell, but to learn and be out and about with people. (Those types of classes require very few supplies, which is a good thing.)

      Vickie

      Delete
  2. Do you have U3A over there? They offer some great classes in things you might want to learn more about.
    I am so pleased Lacy is finally happy. It really makes a difference having somewhere nice to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sparklingmerlot xx
      Somewhere nice to live is an understatement xx
      I absolutely Love My Home, there is nothing I would change about my beautiful Home 🏡
      #Lacy💙💜

      Delete
  3. My hubby and I started playing Pickleball this summer. It is really fun and strangely addictive. You could go get two cheapo paddles and a 3 pack of balls and grab Lacy, Stew, Amanda, or whomever - and just try gently bopping the ball back in forth in your driveway or at a public tennis/pickleball court. Most "neighborhood" tennis courts have at least one court "taped" off to make it a smaller Pickleball court. Trust me - you won't be running around like Serena Williams. You can play "nice" for starters~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fish runners.
    I was wondering when Xmas themed stuff would start appearing again I love the tree and gnome runners oh wait I love the reindeers too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you thought about dragon boating on the Lake? We are always looking for new paddlers https://www.facebook.com/reel/1046410376362754

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's an interesting idea. I will investigate.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.