Sunday, October 15, 2023

WARDROBES

 Stew and Steve are getting up around 7.30 this morning, they are going to watch the Rugby World Cup together.

Awwww.... bonding shit going on.  lol

The All Blacks vs. Ireland.

Ireland are playing exceptionally well right now, and have beaten the All Blacks 4 out of the last 5 times they have faced each other.

Ireland are the Number 1 team in the world right now.

So, it should be a good game. I hope the All Blacks do well, or Stew is gunna be annoyed.

I am expecting Bex and the boys over later on in the morning, and Lacy.  So we should have a nice little get together.

I don't plan on doing too much today, I might get some sewing done this afternoon, time will tell.

After the game Steve and Stew are going to put the shelves up in our two 'spare' wardrobes.  I am soooooo looking forward to that.  My linen is no longer going to be SQUISHED into the linen cupboards.

ABOVE: This is wardrobe #1 before it gets it's shelves.  #2 looks exactly the same, so ya not getting a photo of it.  Would be a waste of time right? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜Š

ABOVE:  I'm a bit ashamed to say this is one of my linen cupboards!  Yeah.  I got over trying to fold and then cram them in.  So I just shove them in and push the door shut.  Out of sight, out of mind.  It's just a bloody mess.

Hence the desire to have more linen cupboards.

"I probably have too much linen", said NO WOMAN EVER!

You can never have too much linen!  

Over the years I've given away to my kids heaps of linen, many, many times over.  And I still have heaps. 

My Mum was the same, she LOVED buying linen.

ABOVE: This Fish Runner just needs trimming, and having backing fabric and binding added to be finished.


ABOVE:  This one is ready to have the stitching started around the fish etc.  So still quite a bit to do on it.

DOGSTARS: You are correct!  I do usually stitch with black thread around the fish!  I don't know why I chose to use coloured thread this time.  I am going back to Black, as they do stand out better with the black outline.

Right, time to NOT GET UP.  I'm gunna be a lazy tart and stay in bed for a bit longer.  I've no reason to get up early.


10.52 am:  And the ALL BLACKS WON!  The boys are so happy.  And Ireland get to go home.

It's happening!...

ABOVE:  Measure twice....  lol... cos there's two wardrobes.

ABOVE:  Lunch time... hot sausages, lettuce 'n' cheese on fresh bread.  Rather yum.  

ABOVE:  A new backdrop.... but still silly, hard to get to smile nicely... children.

Both wardrobes are now fitted out with shelves.  Tonight or tomorrow I will sort out the linen and put it on the shelves.

5.24 pm:  And it's quiet again.  We have had a  lovely, busy family day.
Now it's time to just relax for a while and enjoy the quiet.


And laugh at the fucking idiots who think they are the law.

9.01 pm:  And the evening has been just how us oldies like it... QUIET.
Looking forward to a good week ahead.

DAY 67 DONE AND DUSTED
I can't actually get over how FAST the past 67 days have gone!  It's down to just 6 days to go.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:16 AM

    I bought clear plastic storage bags and my linen is stored in them, on shelves, in a closet much like the size of yours.

    The plastic keeps them very organized and free from dust. It also “contains” things like comforters that are hard to fold/stay folded.

    It was shocking how much these bags reduced the volume.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:36 AM

      Also my shelves are as deep as possible. They come all the way out to edge of door frame. That makes a big difference too.
      Vickie

      Delete
  2. Go The All Black's πŸ’―✌️
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need Steve. We have zero storage space and it drives me insane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:39 AM

    My dad and I started watching the World Cup rugby game between Wales and Argentina. We know nothing about rugby (American of course.). Would you and Stew please provide some basics? Like how points are scored? Why does the one guy wear the funny headpiece covering his ears? What’s the point of a scrum? It was very exciting though. I’d like to know more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:23 PM

      https://usa.rugby/rugby101

      Delete
  5. I rarely watch sports. If I do for some extreme situation (home team is in the world series or something) I DOOO want "my" team to win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually like the coloured thread on the fish. It makes the eyes pop more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics of you and your grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a lot of linen, just a change of sheets for our bed and two sets for the spare beds. I have about 12 towels and some flannels. I suppose it's just not my thing :) You can't beat having lots of shelves though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waiting for the "after" pic of the closet! I shall have to wait for "tomorrows" post......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excited for your two new linen cupboards. I have more than normal but have to drive hours to buy any to replace and they seem to wear out in the blink of an eye. Lovely pix of you and your three youngest grands so far. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pictures with the kids! Looks like a busy day! I wish I had more closets. If the last kid ever moves out I'll have another haha.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.