Wednesday, October 04, 2023

BOYS. BAKING. WALK. SEWING

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR LOVELY COMMENTS ON YESTERDAYS POST!  I really appreciate each and every one. 💜💙💚

 First up for today, I have the boys again.  And this morning we are baking cookies.

Then we will possibly take the girls for a little walk to the park.

Once the boys are collected by Bex, I'm off for a lake walk.

With Lacy and Amanda.

Then home to sew.

ABOVE:  I didn't mention it last night, but my total weight loss in the past 1 year, 1 month and 3 weeks is 21.7 kgs.  Not spectacular over that length of time, but I'm totally HAPPY with it!

Slow and steady means it will stay off.

The Weight Watcher Leader gave me a little memento to mark the 20 kgs lost.  That was nice of her, as usually once you are a Life Time Member, you no longer get them.  She felt I deserved it, so gave it to me.  Nice girl.

My next weight loss goal is another 5 kgs.  Small steps now.  No big unattainable goals.  

I started a Kiwiana Braid Runner late yesterday, so once our walk is over I will be heading into the sewing room to keep making that.


ABOVE:   And.... my day has started.
Boys here, spoiling the girls.
It's a damn cold morning.  I've got the heat pump on to keep us all warm.
If we take the girls for a walk, it won't be till the day has warmed up. Brrrrrr.

BAKING WITH GRANDMA:

ABOVE:  Archer learnt how to measure out ingredients on the scales.
Dante got to crack the egg, this time properly!

ABOVE:  I rolled out the first cookie, to show them how to do it.... then let them do the rest.  Look at the concentration on Archer's little face.  So cute.

ABOVE: Roll, place on tray, then press down a little, they loved it!  They even got placement down pat.  
I explained that the cookies would spread out while cooking and take up more room.  

ABOVE:  They both said they love baking with me.  Awwww.  Then they said they want to do it again tomorrow.  Which means I will have to go to the supermarket this afternoon for more supplies.  😋😌

* Don't worry Darling, I will make sure they save you a cookie today!  Sorry about all the cake going home with them yesterday, and you missing out.*


The girls and I ended up walking around the lake in the heat of the midday sun!  NOT my best time to do it, but hey!  I decided if I went slower it would be OK.
And it was.  Lacy had a water bottle, so when I got really hot ... I DID NOT DRINK ANY!
I put some on my arms, legs and face to help cool me down.  That certainly helped.

ABOVE:  And extra 2 minutes on our time today, due to the heat and me not wanting to get heat stroke ever again.

ABOVE:  The lake was particularly beautiful today.  No wind, sun out... glorious spring day.

ABOVE: Seeing all the babies just makes me so happy. And watching Pukekos run... that is real funny shit!  They have the most cockeyed gait.

ABOVE:  Walking with these two is like being with two twats on crack!  They are utter idiots. 
I try and pretend I'm not with them. 😂😅😊

ABOVE:  YEAH.... letting them stride ahead of me.  Not with me eh?   Sometimes I even considered turning around and walking the other way.  *snort*  
But in all seriousness, I do enjoy their company, and having them with me makes the walking more bearable.
Cos I friggin well HATE walking.
But it's good for me, so I keep doing it.

8.25 pm:  So tired tonight.  I had a  headache after my walk, no doubt due to getting a bit hot.
But I'm ok now, and about to enjoy some quiet time in front of the TV.
Catch ya tomorrow.

         DAY 56 DONE AND DUSTED

Not for one moment have I thought about takeaways or eating cookies today!
Nice.

14 comments:

  1. NEVER EVER think that wasn't "spectacular over that length of time"! I have GAINED 10 pounds in that length of time. It IS IS IS spectacular! Some people never lose it. It is completely and utterly astounding! And for those metric challenged fellow US citizens that is a jaw-dropping 47.84 pounds! Holy Moly! Congratulations and be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:08 AM

    That is almost 50 lbs, wow!
    Congrats.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, go you. Congrats Chris, so happy for you, Michele PN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:08 AM

    Think of 21 kgs of sugar in bags and what that looks like - it is an amazing weight loss - You deserve it - you have worked so hard for it. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Chris. I think it is great you did it slow and sure so it will stick. Glad you got recognition for it. This Canadian is conversant in both Metric and Imperial measures as I am old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Great Chris. So good to teach kids to cook, sometimes they may even eat things they don’t like (broccoli?) just because they cooked it themselves. (And Chris, great weight loss!! I have had only 5 kilos to lose for ten years and haven’t lost one gram). Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:21 PM

    Perfect bickies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:16 PM

    Adorable pictures of the boys baking cookies. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to be baking with the boys and that they are loving it. Certainly a beautiful day to be out and about after that cool start.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bikkies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 21ks is an almighty loss in one year. You did really really well. And with all that walking you should be feeling so much better. You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:06 AM

    I am not sure if this is convenient, but I wash my hair, so it is soaking wet, when I have to do something hot. It helps tremendously.

    Also a wide brimmed hat might help a lot.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:49 AM

      Also UV protection sun glasses might help. They protect your eyes and prevent cateracts and other eye problems. They will also cut down on the glare and might help prevent headaches.

      I wear very large ones, they really protect my eyes. I am out in the sun a lot, walking dogs and gardening.

      Vickie

      Delete
  13. Congrats on the weight loss! You're doing awesome! I'm looking forward to my grandkids getting to help do cookies :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.