Friday, October 27, 2023

READY FOR SOMETHING BRIGHT?

 While in Spotlight yesterday, I spied a very cute little bumble bee fabric.

I immediately thought it would be lovely as the centre piece of a Braid Runner.

So, instead of making another Black 'n' White Runner yesterday, I did this:

ABOVE:  It's another super bright one!
And I am sure someone will love it.
It's got bumble bees!  Who doesn't love bumble bees?  🐝🌸🌼🐝🌺🐝

First up for today will be my lake walk.  I've probably got the two girls in tow today.  Which is nice, they keep me going.

Then I will be coming home to double check everything is ready for tomorrow's market.
This time our gazebo is set on concrete, so we have to take big containers of water to hold the gazebo down, in case it's windy.
Luckily we have Steve's van, as we certainly couldn't fit them in our car if we were using that.

I might make sure it's a nice, quiet day today.  
Tomorrow's market is expected to be a busy one.
Fingers are firmly crossed that the weather holds for us.  


ABOVE:  That's our forecast.  It looks promising ... and I'm hopeful that it is correct!  We need it to be fine on Saturday ... it can piss down after that for all I care.

Yesterday's tactic worked in the sewing room.
I listened/watched three Musicals:  Pitch Perfect, Mamma Mia! and a Doco on Shania Twain.  And my wax burner smelled lovely.
And not once did dark thoughts enter my brain!

I am going to finish another Braid Runner today and do the exact same thing.  Netflix and nice smells.

Right now though, I shall get myself ready for my lake walk.


Today's walk... was awesome.

The girls and I had lots of fun:



ABOVE: This log.  I challenged Lacy to walk out on it months ago.  Today she finally did it.
AND she didn't fall in.

Lacy on a log   If you click on that link, Lacy on a log, in black and underlined ... you can watch her crawling out on it!
It's muted cos I said some VERY BAD WORDS at one point.


ABOVE:  Amazing!  We did the exact same time today as on Wednesday!  A very good time again.
It's so good to walk when it's cold and wet I must say.
I don't over heat.
Come summer I will be walking at 8-9 pm probably.

ABOVE:  The multi coloured duckling family were out and about today too.



Gosh I have cooled down now, and am freezing!  We're having a nasty little cold snap.  Last HURRAH before summer?

I'm going to get some warmer clothes on then have an early lunch before doing some sewing.

ABOVE: And there is number 44 Braid Runner.
I am now bloody tired and am gunna have a late nana nap!

9.04 pm.   Whoops.  Have not updated in a while.
I had a wonderful nap this afternoon, had a very sound sleep.  Must have needed it.
Stew arrived home from work and we decided to eat out.  Yeah.  Looks like old habits have crept back in super fast.

So, there will be no eating 'out' over the weekend.

After dinner we visited Steve and Bex for a quick catch up.  We hadn't seen them since last weekend.  All good there.  Bex is just entered her third trimester of pregnancy.  It is going very fast!

Before we know it Baby #3 will be here. Our #14 grandbaby.   It almost doesn't seem real after so long with no babies.

I'm sure it feels real to Bex!  lol

It's damn cold this evening.   We just packed our day bags for tomorrow... we will be wearing winter clothes, but taking some summer ones as well.  It's that kinda weather.  Hot/Cold, just don't know from one hour to the next really.

And that's me for the day.  I will catch ya tomorrow.
At market.

8 comments:

  1. Wishing you well on Saturday... maybe the weather will be right what you need. Love the bumble bee runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your market is going well. You amaze me doing so many. I just did one this past Saturday and I'm still exhausted. I won't do another one until next year lol. Just the set up alone (and sitting there) makes me tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:42 PM

    I’m sooo envious of Lacy’s long slim legsπŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get that girl to do some crazy things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think it was me who originally said that I'd do it and Ma just held me to it πŸ˜… πŸ’œ
      #LacyπŸ’œπŸ’™

      Delete
  5. That is indeed a very bright runner very cute too. Fingers crossed weather is good, market is good and your runners sell well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you "time out" for the log walking episode? HAHA looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:09 PM

    absolutely love the bumblebee runner ~ as you say who doesn't love bumblebees. You are so very talented. Well done you. Ro (n.w. Italy)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.