Monday, October 30, 2023

ANOTHER MONDAY ROLLS AROUND

 My plans for today?

I need to talk to the girls about our walks.  I want to change the time we walk.  It's getting too hot for me in the mornings, so we might start walking earlier in the day, or even in the evening.

Yesterday afternoon I thought of something. My new sneakers were Woman's, and I really did hate the colour.  So, what was the Men's colour like?

We ended up back at the shoe shop, and I switched my Woman's ones for the Men's ones.  Cos the way I see it, there couldn't be much of a difference eh?  

Not like men's feet are any different to women's feet.

ABOVE:  Look at that.  My new sneakers are now black with bright accents, instead of PUKEFUL pink.

I'm a happy girl now.

And I'm never shopping at Smith's Sports shoes again, cos that guy conceded that there were actually other colours available in the women's ones, just NOT IN THEIR STORE.

You just lost a customer of 25+ years MATE.

Right, time to get the washing on.... and then make a plan for when we are walking today/tonight.

Lacy has already indicated she can't walk this morning, so yeah.  Later on no doubt.

ABOVE:  And here's the runner I made yesterday.  I love the bee on it, it ties into the centre fabric which has little bees all over it.


Derrrr.   It's a cold morning. We could have gone for a lake walk later on this morning.  But never mind.  There's plans for this afternoon now.

For now, I'm about to start making another 'bag' for runners.  We try to pack them back into the bags in some sort of order, but really need another bag that's dedicated to Braid Runners now.
Cos I have so many! lol

ABOVE: The fabric I am using for the runner bag.  I've had this fabric for YEARS and YEARS.  Like probably 20 years.   Never used it cos it was just not suitable for anything I make.
Now I finally have a use for it.  Neat.
And in fact, now that I look at it, it would be ok for fish eh?

10.40 am: I wish I could say I've been productive this morning.  But I haven't been.
I'm a bit cold, and like a lizard, I need time to warm up before I can move.
lol
So I've been keeping warm and just being a lazy tart.

The girls are due here soon, we are having a midday walk today.  It's perfect weather... cold!
Windy.  Raining on and off.  Just the best walking weather for me.

ABOVE:  11.20 am:  The tarts are here.  Cuppa tea, then we will be off for our lake walk.

12.50 pm:  And wow!  We motored around that lake today!  Amanda set a cracking pace.... one that meant I had to do a bit of jogging to keep up with.

ABOVE:  We keep getting a new 'fastest time'!
I really can't imagine going any faster, or I'll be jogging half the time!  And that ain't gunna happen.

ABOVE: More cute little baby Australian Coots.

ABOVE:  It was cold, wet, miserable, and I loved it.  Maybe not the really strong winds though.  At one point it was hard going against it.

ABOVE:  Post walk photo, inside where it was warmer!  So chuffed these girls of mine take time out of their day to walk with me.  Thanks tarts.

Time to take a breather, before maybe heading into the sewing room.  
I'm aware there is no rush to get the runner bag done today, or even tomorrow. 
Our next market isn't until the 12th of November.  Plenty of time.

I am annoyed with myself.
I have spent the past couple of hours working on that runner bag.
But I didn't bother putting any music or a movie on.
So my mind went 'there' again.
Grrrrrr.  

It didn't help that I was scrolling through some photos after lunch, and saw some that took  me back to 'there' as well.

One day I will tell you what 'there' is, just biding my time really.  

Now though, I need to stop sewing, and get in the kitchen and make Stew his dinner.
NOT that he can't and does do it himself fairly often, but I have made something for him already, just need to actually cook it.  *smiles*

Just realised I've not signed off for the day.
Might just do that now, as it's 11.14 pm.  Time to head off to bed.

14 comments:

  1. If you have had good service for 25+ years - keep going. Don't turn your back on the whole place because of one Dumb Dodo. But - those really WERE ugly. HAHA. Glad you got a better color. Pretty soon we won't be able to get ANY real service - everything will be Amazon. I would just suggest to the guy in question or the manager - that they let customers know that there are other colors available to order. Or suggest they call another store to check availability. The salesman just needs a refresher. Or a kick in the bum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good service would have kept me going back to them.... but I have not had good service there in a while. The last time I bought sneakers there about 2 years ago, I asked for my exact same shoe, in the latest rendition. Stupidly didn't try them on before taking them to my shoe man to get a leather patch put under the toes. Got them back and they simply DID NOT FIT. A full size too small. He gave me the wrong size. So I was stuck with shoes that cost me $240, that I couldn't wear, or return. Half my fault for not trying them on, and half his fault for not checking he gave me the right size. Lesson learnt after yesterday. He was not friendly, he was not engaging, he stopped helping me when another customer came in, and served them and left me just waiting. NOT going back there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And YES! That green would make a perfect fish. A happy green polka dotted fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that bee on the runner you made, it ties in nicely with the other bees. Glad you finally got shoes in the color you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:46 PM

    I did not realize how much alike the two sisters look!

    I know they call themselves twins, but I thought they meant close in age (like Irish twins), not looks.

    How sweet they are to be so fun for you.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are 13 months apart in age, so not true 'Irish Twins'... but close enough. They do look similar in some ways... but to this mother they look totally different!

      Delete
  6. How absolutely wonderful that those gorgeous girls walk with you as often as they do. You are blessed to have daughters like that. Nothing like a bit of silly nonsense to make a walk pass quickly and enjoyably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. You can't say 'silly nonsense' enough to even touch how hilarious they can be.

      Delete
  7. Well that was a successful walk 😉
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the girls look so similar really they do …….
    You all have that healthy glow ………
    Cute coots
    Cracking time today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:22 PM

    A vert successfulwalk 👏
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. great photos, and congrats on a new walking record.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I didn't know otherwise that photo of you and yours girls could be a pic of 3 sisters, you all look similar. You look great Chris 😍

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.