Wednesday, October 25, 2023

BACK TO WORK

 Stew is back to work this morning, after enjoying a 5 day break.

Well I say 'enjoying' loosely.  He had to work two markets with me.  Luckily he actually does enjoy the markets.

Even though doing the markets is a lot of work, and sometimes goddam boring when it's slow... we both do enjoy it.

Someone asked what was this plant?

ABOVE: There ya go.

ABOVE:  We bought that little tree a year ago.  It's lost a few branches, they just died off.  But I'm happy it's still alive overall, and flowering again this year.

Summer is coming!  Our pool is 90% ready to go.  I wonder who will be the first to jump in this year?  

I plan on using the pool for exercise this season.  Using my flotation belt and bungy cord to do swimming-on-the-spot, and some jogging and what have you.

I am not going to lose my fitness, I totally refuse to!  When it's too hot to walk around my lake, I'll do swimming.

I have a plan.  I will execute that plan.  

For today... I'm off to walk me lake.  Amanda and Lacy will be joining me, something that makes me very happy.

I had a smallish gain at Weight Watchers last night, up .600 grams.  I wasn't upset about it AT ALL .

I had an awesome birthday weekend, I did not go without anything.  It was worth it.

After my walk I'm coming home to make two Black and White Braid Runners over the next couple of days.  

My Braid Runners are proving to be INCREDIBLY popular at markets.  

I can't get over me not wanting to make the Black and White ones to begin with!  I love making them now, they may 'only' be black and white, but it's the fabric choices that make them so special.






ABOVE: LOOK at that time! I asked Amanda to set the pace... and we got an excellent time.
Really chuffed.

After our walk I dragged Amanda to the MedLab ....

ABOVE: Waiting for my blood test. Only 4 months overdue for it this time.

ABOVE: THE YELLOW, BLACK AND LIGHT BROWN DUCKLINGS are still alive!  So neat. 

ABOVE: YES..  we walked in the rain.
So yes, we are sitting here just a bit DAMP.

After my blood test I'm going home to shower and do the housework.
Then sew.

2.23 pm:  I've spent the last couple of hours getting strips cut out in readiness for sewing.

ABOVE:  And now... I'm finally sewing them together.
Neutrals?
Maybe one day.  But not right now.  I'm sticking with what is popular at the moment.

I don't think I told you?   Today's blood test was THE BEST ONE EVER!  No nasty prick, no nasty stinging, no bruising... NOTHING!  It was amazing.
And such a relief.

3.45 pm:  My neighbour's little dog, little more than a puppy still, has barked ALL DAY long.
I'm trying to think what to do?
Go over and make sure she's OK?  Maybe she's lying on the floor hurt?
Or she's just out for the entire day?
I dunno what to do.
Except I'd really like that dog to shut the FUCK UP.

Our dogs bark SOMETIMES, but always for a reason.  So I really can't complain about someone else's dog barking.  But ALL DAY?

SO, I went over there to check she was OK.  She wasn't home.  Hence, the dog is barking cos it's locked in it's crate.
She arrived home as I was leaving, so I had a quick chat with her.
Which is always difficult as she's deaf, but can talk after a fashion.  I really struggle to understand her.
But I did get it across to her that I'd been concerned about HER, and let her know her dog barks non stop when she's not home.
She didn't apologise for the nuisance caused.
Not impressed.

Moving on, as there is nothing you can do about it.  She can't exactly HEAR the damn dog barking can she?  Grrrrrr.

There is always something in one's neighbourhood that isn't perfect eh?  In summer I have to get my washing in by 5 pm, or it gets covered in their BBQ smoke.  Apart from that, it's a lovely area to live in.

I just finished #42 Braid Runner!  Never in a million years did I think I would make that many.  And I'll probably be making them for years to come now.

I will show it to you tomorrow.  Right now I'm about to put me feet up and relax for the rest of the day/evening.

Well another day bites the dust.  It's been a really nice day, walking, yakking with the girls, and sewing.
Stew is home.  Dinner is done.  Time to sign off for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:38 AM

    I still suggest
    gray and white
    tan/beige and white
    The softer colors appeal to many.

    I am making a king size neutral quilt for my son/DIL right now for Xmas.

    Whites, off-whites, tans, grays. Not a color combination I have ever done before.

    This is the inspiration
    https://www.diaryofaquilter.com/modern-gray-and-white-neutrals-quilt/

    It is turning out beautiful!

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt is beautiful Vickie. A runner in those shades could look amazing Chris.

      Delete
    2. A nuetrals runner could go ANYWHERE. It might seem boring, but maybe not. It's all about the fabrics.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Good luck on the blood test. Also, what is that beautiful blue plant in your yard? That is a stunning color. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a Ceanothus Blue Sapphire.

      Delete
  3. I predict a fantastic result for your blood test! With the weight loss coupled with all that walking I think it will be your best result yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your blood results reflect your dedication and hard work with your healthy life changes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the nite nite pic of your girls. It shows the fun and laughter you all obviously have as you walk.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.