Tuesday, October 03, 2023

BOYS... AND BRAID RUNNERS

 Today is going to be a stay at home day with the boys.

I spent a bit of time out yesterday and didn't get much work done.

So, I've got an activity lined up for the boys and me, then after that they can amuse themselves while I get some work done.

I have one Rangitoto Island Runner to finish off today, then I'm diving head first into Kiwiana Braid Runners.

I'm not worried about how many I get done before Sunday's market, as after that market I've got two full weeks to build up my stock some more.

So, that's my plan for today.  

I am looking forward to doing a fun activity with the boys today.

OH YEAH... it's WEIGH IN DAY.  And I'm crossing everything that I actually get to my 2nd big weight loss goal.

I'm going to be absolutely GUTTED if I don't reach it today.  I'm actually scared I won't and will let everyone down, after harping on about it so much.

6 pm tonight.  Oh gosh I'm already feeling 'scale fear'!

I might have to shave everything, legs, arm pits, chin, girly bits, you know... EVERYTHING.  It might help!  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜†  

YEAH YEAH, I know it won't... I'm just joking.


VICKI:  I am certainly not having as many headaches now!
It could be due to the diet and exercise having a positive impact.... OR it could be because I have finally..

LET GO

I decided a while ago to cut off the negative and toxic people in our life, to not let them impinge on my happiness any more.  I don't even think of them anymore.  It is so FREEING.


ABOVE:  That is me.  I am the wise woman.

9.22 am:  And the boys and I have been to the supermarket to buy a 'box cake mix'.... cos that's the easiest way to bake a cake with kids.
Came home and had some fun:

ABOVE:   I stood back and just gave instructions, and they did really well.
Well... except Steve's clone.

ABOVE:  Dante wanted to crack his egg... on his head!  I had no idea that was his plan.  He did it a bit too well and wore some of that egg!
He said "Well that didn't go quite as I planned!"
We got 99% of the egg in the bowl, so no loss.

That kid is such a hard case, just like his Dad.

Archer is much more considered and careful.  He did a good job of his egg.

ABOVE:  I couldn't help myself... Dante got a cake mixture laden spatula wiped on his face.  He thought it was hysterical.
Archer was like  "Don't do that to me!"

Different kids, and you have to treat them appropriately.
That was always going to be fun for Dante.  Archer would have cried if I'd done that to him.

Moving on, the cake is now in the oven and we have to wait an hour for it to be done.
So the boys are playing quietly and I'm about to go and put the binding on the last Rangitoto Island Runner.

ABOVE:  Very tricky shaving ya legs when suddenly you have bloody knee caps and bones to work around!  Almost nicked myself a few times. Think next time I will be using Hair Remover Cream.  

ABOVE:  ***SQUEALS***   My chutney arrived!  I'm thrilled to bits.  I love it so much, I put it on EVERYTHING.

ABOVE:  the cake came out of the oven and it is already half eaten!  The boys enjoyed putting sprinkles on it... like MASSES and MASSES of sprinkles!  I've never seen so many on one cake before.  lol

ABOVE:  The boys sprinkled either side, and I did the middle.  Can you tell I did the middle?  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜Š

As you can see, trouble,  I mean Lacy is visiting us too.


WHAT AN AWESOME DAY.... We have some excellent NEWS on Friday.

EXACTLY ONE HOUR TO GO TILL WEIGH IN.  I'm so damn NERVOUS!  OMG I am literally shaking.
I'm too scared to get on my scales.  I feel like I will jinx it somehow.
Think of me in 50 minutes.....


I lost 2.5 kilos this week!
And got to my 2nd big goal!!!!!

I am just so damn happy, you have no idea.

And now it's 8.14 pm, we've just had a lovely dinner and are settling down for the evening.
Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 55 DONE AND DUSTED
No problems today, totally focused on eating right.  
At Weight Watchers someone mentioned eating a pie... and I instantly started drooling!  I've not had a pie in MONTHS.  God I love a good meat pie.  😫😭😣

43 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:03 AM

    Habits will get you where you want to be, but maybe not on a predictable timetable. Good luck.

    Curious, have your headaches reduced during your challenge? It doesn’t seem like you have mentioned as many. I used to average two very bad ones a week. I feel for you.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum don't put so much pressure on yourself about it, if you aren't quite there yet it is absolutely fine, you are absolutely nailing it with everything else, you will hit your goal when it's ment to happen, until then just keep doing what your doing, forget about the numbers for a bit and enjoy yourself....plot how your going to get me in the Lake lol πŸ˜†
    You Got This xx
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic advice Lacy πŸ’•

      Delete
  3. A completely left field comment... I was just reading my 'letter to seniors' email that you get once you turn 65 and it mentioned Shingles. I just thought I'd let you know that the free vaccine for this is ONLY free for 12 months from turning 65 so please get it! You don't want shingles that's for sure. It normally costs between $600-800 so certainly worth getting free while you can. Thank goodness I got mine as soon as I turned 65 because I had no idea I'd have to pay if I'd left it until I was 66.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:15 PM

      Lynda in Australia the age is 70 and over to get a free shingles jab. I’m not sure if I should be excited to get a free jab in April. Totally agree with you though, I’ll be lining up on the day. Shingles is absolutely dreadful

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:22 PM

      Sorry Chris. Marie, Melbourne replying to Lynda

      Delete
    3. Yep I was aware of that vaccination. And while I have a very healthy fear of needles, I will be getting it.

      Delete
  4. Go potty before weigh in! Good Luck. And don't feel like you have let anyone down....... You are doing great and are an awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the weigh in. I remember WW scale fear… I used to blow my nose before getting on them! πŸ˜‚ cake making looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is cake of course Lacy would be there right Lacy? Fun thing to do at grandma's house wonder if there be any left for mum and dad or grandad when they get home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah Cake xx πŸŽ‚
      #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

      Delete
  7. Anonymous1:39 PM

    Wedding, another baby on the way, retirement, trip, company coming, new spot at a market, tub installation?
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:50 PM

    Well I'm going to share my excellent news I got the job I was hoping for πŸ₯° very cold and windy again after such a warm day yesterday bloody spring!! Great effort on the cake lads and good luck with tonight GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What FANTASTIC NEWS Robyn! I'm so happy for you. It's been such a good day already... I just need one more thing to go well and it will be three in a row!

      Delete
    2. I'm 100 percent sure you have this x
      #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

      Delete
    3. Anonymous4:42 PM

      It's gunna happen πŸ’™πŸ’™

      Delete
  10. You bloody Rock Ma xx
    So blinken happy for you xxxxx
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done, that's a massive loss! You must be feeling amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo!!!! Well done & congratulations. You deserve this because you have worked hard at it πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Chris!!! You really deserve that loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:45 PM

    Congratulations that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Many congratulations -a really remarkable achievement.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wahoo!! Fantastic result. Congratulations on all the hard work this has taken. Be very proud and happy Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous8:18 PM

    CONGRATULATIONS 🎊 πŸ‘ GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done Chris!! You rock

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing results well done you and your walking buddies only 18 more days so stoked for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 18 more days till I can have a takeaway meal! But my weight loss goals stay in place... I've a bit further to go yet.

      Delete
  20. Congratulations 🩡

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Congratulations πŸ‘⭐️

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous11:16 PM

    CHRIS CHRIS CHRIS
    WOW WOW WOW
    YOU ARE AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Chris ... what an awesome achievement. You are looking awesome ... you can definitely see the losses you've achieved πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  24. Knew you would do...you rock Chris πŸ‘
    Well done πŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous11:55 PM

    Congratulations!!! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations, I can see in your face how much weight you have lost. A beauty for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations a job well done getting to you goal. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous3:43 AM

    Woohoo!! Congratulations!! You've worked so hard for this and it really, really shows. Keep up the good work!
    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, you look amazing Chris! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations on hitting your weight loss goal! That's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous11:50 AM

    That's an awesome result - talk about blow the goal up - You did amazing!! But also you have been doing walking that is so beneficial to your ongoing health and making it a priority. Each step towards your goal has cemented the direction of your health. Fantastic work and those challenges you set yourself sets the momentum to go forward - despite all the other stuff going on in your life. Well done Chris - Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous7:15 PM

    I play catch up with your blog on the weekend so only just read this, but want to send massive congrats to you Chris. Totally awesome achievement!!! You must feel soooo proud of yourself :D
    Tracy, Cornwall, Uk

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.