Monday, October 16, 2023

MONDAY WALK... THEN SEWING

 Today is another walk day... so that's where I will be first thing this morning.

Then when I get home I will continue sewing the Fish Runner I'm working on.


ABOVE:  Late yesterday, once visitors had left, I got stuck into sorting out my linen.

And I'm so very happy with my 4 linen cupboards now.

I have more than enough room to add more linen, or store a few other things in them now.

No more mad clutter.  I'm so happy.

Bit funny what can make you happy eh?

And I am happy.  Happy with how my life is right now... I'm much healthier, certainly fitter, and even though I'm getting 'up there' in age, it's never too late to work on yourself, and be the best version of YOU that you can be.

And on that note, time to get a move on and start the day.


10.28 am:  Just home from a lovely walk with Amanda today.
No Lacy.... sick in bed today.  Girly shit.


ABOVE: I got us a little tiny video today.  Mummy duck and 12 ducklings.  I've never seen a brood of ducklings before where there's all sorts of colours!  There were 9 'normal' ones, a pure yellow, a pure black and a light brown one.
Sooooo cute.

ABOVE: SEE ?   Love them so much, so sweet.

It was an excellent walk:


ABOVE:  It was my 7th 'best' walk, time wise.  NOT that I'm counting or anything.  Yeah Right. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

Some days I don't really care about the time, other days I do.  I really wanted to do a good time today.  Blow away some cobwebs.
It was good to yak with Amanda too, instead of her and Lacy being hooligans.

ABOVE:  Goddam bubbles.   Grrrrrr.  Hate them.

Happier note, had a really nice conversation with my sister this afternoon.  So nice we get on so well now.  On the same page in life really.  We share the ups and downs.  

MEH... better get back to the BUBBLES.

ABOVE: I ordered three more big bottles of...

ABOVE: This chutney.  I think I have a problem.  BUT IT WAS ON SALE!   How could I not???


Sooooo many interruptions today, I'm not getting much work done.

5.40 pm:  And I'm done sewing for the day.  I finished both Fish Runners, and will take a photo and show you tomorrow.
They are, in my opinion, rather cute.

I'm seeing double, which happens lots when I am sewing for hours on end. 

Luckily it doesn't last too long, and my vision goes back to normal.  Eye strain is a real thing.

I imagine it is like that if you are on a computer all day too?  I must ask Stew, cos he is on a computer heaps with his job.

10 pm:  Anther quiet evening here.  We really are emulating Darby and Joan!  But it's just so peaceful in our home now.  Something that Stew and I are relishing.  
Time to sign off for the day, catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 68 DONE AND DUSTED
FIVE DAYS to go!!!  I can't believe it's almost over.
I doubt I will ever do this again.  But... never say never!

10 comments:

  1. Clearly you are setting yourself up for a good day today! Positive start. Enjoy!
    Do I dare peek into MY linen cabinet? Nah!
    Might play Pickleball outside today. Soon there will be snow and ice. Gotta get out there while we still can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:34 AM

    Great work Steve πŸ‘ I'm starting my new job today a little nervous but should be fine πŸ™‚ what have you decided on to treat yourselves in 6 days?? GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha but hooligan'ness is amazingly funny 🀣🀣🀣
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the ducklings too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ducklings are super cute! I can't resist taking little videos of Mumma ducks and their children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!!! Ducklings. Makes me want to visit the lake again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:07 PM

    I get terrible eyestrain and double vision. Some days I can barely read by the end of the day. All day on my computer at work then I spend a couple hours of an evening on my iPad. I'm really my own worst enemy! xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really curious, what does tamarind chutney taste like? I'd like to get some but have no idea what tamarind is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indescribable! It has a taste all of it's own. I suppose it has 'Indian' flavours in a way. But really, you would have to taste it to understand what I mean. I get the MILD as opposed to any of the HOT varieties... it is PACKED with flavour. I mean PACKED.

      Delete
    2. OK, I'm going to have to try it but I doubt I'll get through as much as you do! Thanks.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.