Thursday, October 12, 2023

THREE YEARS

ABOVE:  Three years without you Mum.  Three years without being able to just pick up the phone and talk to you, tell you all the family news, the happenings, the up's and down's.
You would have been so thrilled to know about our new Grandbaby arriving in January.
You are missed so very much Mum.

I hold your nightgown close to me.  One day I will know what to do with it.  But for now I just treasure it, knowing it was the last thing you wore of your own.

ABOVE:  NO DISRESPECT intended, but yeah, thanks for the boobs MUM.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‰πŸ’—  Genetics eh?

I've had a few scathing comments in the past few days, telling me to LEAVE Lacy to do her own thing in her own house.  How I shouldn't be TAKING THE JOY away from her, in arranging her home her way.

Like I need to stop trying to impose my ideas on how to arrange her furniture and so on.  

I'd just like to say this ... Get f*#ked.

But I really shouldn't, so what I will say instead is ... I've actually not MOVED or ARRANGED a damn thing for her. NOR told her where to put a damn thing.

I wanted her to do it herself.  I didn't need anyone to tell me that would be a good idea.  I'm not stupid, or ignorant, or anything you choose to call me.

YES, I joked about being her interior decorator... do you understand JOKED you dicks.  


ABOVE:  Out the back door at Lacy's is a shed and clothes line.  The developers, in their wisdom, put a garden under the clothes line.

Not practical, as Lacy had to stand IN the garden to hang washing on the line.

So she decided ON HER OWN, to take the plants out of there and put them in her front garden.

ABOVE:  So now her front fence line garden has quite a few more plants in it.  It is going to look really lovely once they all grow up a bit.

ABOVE:  Stew and I went over to Lacy's last night and gave her some bricks to put under the clothes line, so she's not standing in mulch and dirt when hanging out the washing.

And that is me for now.  I'm off to start working on those two Fish Runners.  I'll be back to update on how that's going around lunchtime.

12.06 pm:  And I've not been in the sewing room yet at all!

I decided to do the grocery shopping. That took me a couple of hours.  Every man and his dog was at the supermarket.  

Home, unpacked it all then started emptying both wardrobes in the spare bedrooms.

Our son Steve is putting shelving in them for me this weekend.

They will be used much better with shelves.  I have so much linen crammed into my linen cupboards, it's impossible to find anything without hauling half of it out.

ABOVE:  My next job was to load this set of drawers into my car, ready to drop off at Lacy's on Friday morning, before our Lake Walk.

A while ago I couldn't find Coco anywhere and nearly panicked, thinking she'd escaped the property somehow.

I'd not seen her for hours, thinking she was curled up in the sunroom in a sunny patch.

So, when Stew got home we had a good search, and then the penny dropped!

I'd left my car door open after being out in the morning.  PERHAPS she'd got inside my car, and was still there?

YEAH, SHE WAS.

So today, while loading the drawers in the car, I thought it would be a good idea to check if she had snuck into the car before closing all the doors.


ABOVE:  And YES!  She was literally hiding down low so I couldn't see her!  But I could just see her head and yelled at her, that's when her head popped up.

I tried calling her to get her out, and even went over to that side of the car and opened the door.  But she's not silly, she had moved to the other side!

So I had to entice her out with a cheese slice.  The little shit.

It's now all done, and I'm knackered.  I will take a break, then go into the sewing room.


DAMN.  Got a friggin headache.  Taking some panadol and hoping it passes quickly.

Well I rallied enough to do a tiny bit of sewing this afternoon.  I did the quilting on one of those fish runners (the backing), and got one fish done.
Now I'm done for the day.

Stew is at the pub, and should be home in the next hour or so.  Then the usual evening will ensue.  Nice and quiet.

7.27 pm:  Well instead of sitting waiting for Stew to arrive home, I decided to walk down to the pub and accompany him home.  So that's what I did.  It is a nice brisk evening, perfect weather for a short 2.4 km long walk, there and back from the pub.
Stew is now eating left overs from last night and I'm not.  I had a rather big lunch.  Not hungry at all.

DAY 64 DONE AND DUSTED
No temptations today, and not missing a damn thing.  

18 comments:

  1. Oh 3 years Granny, really has not feel that long πŸ˜” we all miss you terribly xx
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:15 AM

    Thinking of you today and THE OLD MOO πŸ’™πŸ’™ some people are extremely nasty and clearly have nothing better to do than run others down!! Bunch of twats I say GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time certainly flies. As for the comments about rearranging Lacy’s stuff, I know I did make a joke about it & Lacy got the joke πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both got the joke mate. It was others who jumped on it and twisted it to have a go at me. Haters gunna hate.

      Delete
    2. Some people just need to get a life eh. I knew you didn't mean me lol.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:04 AM

    Still sorry for your loss.

    Three years! That time has just flown. I guess our time past quarantine has flown too.

    Every clothes line I have ever seen has had grass under it and was in an open space. Crazy to put over a garden area. But at least they put in a line, easy to fix what is under it.

    The farms around me all have massive clothes lines. In the neighborhoods, there are almost none. My neighborhood, probably they are not even allowed, but not likely anyone cares.

    I have a long rod in my laundry room and put things on hangers to dry. I have drying racks which I used to use all summer long for pool things, but have now not used in years.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:02 AM

    Hugs. How unkind. Lacy is doing great. Good idea on moving the plants and putting pavers in the soil for her clothesline. I am so sorry about your dear Mum. More hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:37 AM

    The fun police are everywhere aren't they. Trolls. Sheesh. Anyway, doesn't seem like 3 years since your mum passed. Time sure does fly. I wonder if maybe a pillowcase from mum's nightie? You could put it on your bed as a "throw" pillow decoration. Bigger than a cushion, and more practical. Just a thought anyway xxx Colleen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh 3 years already Chris hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big hugs to you Chris. πŸ€—
    I too have a nightie of my mums that I cuddle, I keep it under my pillow.

    Yep, haters gotta hate, it's sad that some people have to be so nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:43 AM

    The pain of losing ones mother never leaves, it does get easier, some. These three years have gone by quick with all of the Good Life you and your family are having. All of the sewing you are doing. The new baby. She'd be happy to see it all, Sending hugs to you. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have visions of you chasing the dog with a cheese slice and her thinking she is a clever wee tart. Clearly loves the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Coco you can't keep out of the car, and Marley is the exact opposite. I have to chase her and trap her in a corner so I can then put her in the car! She hates being in the car. BUT she will get in Steve or Bex's car the moment the damn door it open!!!! Little tart.

      Delete
  11. Oh 3 years already hugs to you today.
    That Houdini dog too funny, gosh it will be nice to reorganise some of your own space, and I’m sure that the linen cupboard will get a good haul over…

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I would LOVE it if someone arranged my house for me. I have been besties with my friend since 6th grade! She used to love to rearrange my bedroom. We would just rearrange it for fun in our young years. We still laugh about the time she told me to put "everything I didn't know what to do with" on the bed. The TV (little black and white thing in those days ) went on the bed. Literally EVERYTHING went on the bed. So ... Ya. Have at it!

    People can be so preachy... Good golly. Let it go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haters are just jealous that they don't have a Crabby Tart aka Interiour Decorator, Organizer, Rearanger, House Hudini and they have to pay for one hehehe
    I don't as I came out of one and One of the best I might add 😊😁

    But all jokes aside, I do and can do it myself, and I do, but as the saying goes....happy Crabby Tart aka Ma lol happy life, and well it makes her happy and she enjoys it so it would be mean not to let her and I get to spend time with her ( drive her crazy lol )

    You got to admit, she's dam good at it......and that's why Haters Gona Hate lol
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Big hugs!! My mom's tatas skipped me and went to my oldest haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been 45 years since my Mum died. Life has been very different not having my mother in my life but I can't change that. Regarding helping Lacy... go for it! Yes, let her do it herself but she's just lucky to have you for advice.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.