Thursday, December 01, 2022

HIT REPEAT

 I've got a busy day ahead again.

But sadly for you, it will be boring.

I'm sewing again.  Getting another little 'sign' made for our market stall.

Once that's done I am going to make more UCKI PLANTS.

The weather is supposed to be a bit better today, so I might plant a couple more of my succulent plants in the rockery.  I'm trying to get them all in there eventually.

We had a couple of begonia plants pop up in the rockery about a year ago, no idea where they came from!

But OMG, they have obviously spread seeds because the rockery has HEAPS of new begonia plants popping up all over the place.  It's so neat.  They are such a lovely plant.

I'll show you later, once I can get outside.

This afternoon Steve has an MRI at the hospital.  Another in-depth look at his liver.  Fingers crossed for some good news.  It's sad that his liver has been affected by all the medication he's been taking for his Pancolitis.  We are praying that a new drug that's available in February, is the 'magic drug', and it works for his condition, without damaging anything else.

DECEMBER 1st.  Bloody hell this year has gone by so fast.

I'm not in the least bit ready to put up Christmas decorations.  Nor am I in the mood.

Let's give it a week shall we?  Maybe I'll feel more 'festive' then.  Right now I couldn't give a shit!

...

ABOVE:  This is the 'original' begonia plant.  It's looking pretty bedraggled after all our shitty weather.
QUESTION:  Should I prune it right down with the hope it will sprout new growth?  

ABOVE:  Just some of the new baby plants going nuts in the rockery!
Some even have flowers already.

Right.  I'm not sure now if I'll start sewing, or go and buy some chalk paint for that little UCKI PLANT stand?

ABOVE:  I got this sign made for market.  I'm not sure yet where it will go within the stall, but probably hanging from the bottom of a runner that's for sale.

ABOVE:  And this is what I've been doing for the past 3 hours.
Cutting out leaves.
I'm just going to keep going and get as many cut out today as possible.
Then over the next few days I will sew them all up.
Next week will be when I put them together into UCKI PLANTS.

While it is a tedious, long process, the plants are just so lovely, they are worth it.

If I get time next week I will paint the little shelving unit.  Otherwise it can wait till after the December markets.

I'm going to take a break for now (it's 2.35 pm), because my butt is killing me, and I'm seeing double!

End of the day:  it's been a productive day I must say.  NO sewing, just cutting out leaves.
Now, feet up watching the TV till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Positive vibes coming your way - Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If in doubt you could lightly prune the begonia or prune some at the back to see how it goes. I have never owned one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:04 AM

    I would totally cut back those begonias, they are very leggy. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for best possible results for Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda11:37 AM

    Hope all goes well for Steve. Don’t be scared to ruthlessly prune back your begonia. I do it all the time and they come back quickly nice and thick and the colours are brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cut the begonia back. It will reward you.
    Fingers crossed Steve gets a break.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.