Thursday, March 24, 2022

SCRAP THAT

 Two nights ago there was massive flooding in this area of the North Island:

ABOVE:  The coastline on the east coast between Cape Runaway and Tokomaru Bay.

ABOVE:  This bridge at Tokomaru Bay has been cut in half.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because Stew and I had planned on doing a week long trip in this area in early April.

I doubt the area will have roads/slips and bridges fixed in time for us to do that trip.

So.  Scrap That now.

Bit of a bummer really. We were looking forward to exploring an area we had not been to before.

We now need to get out thinking caps on for an alternative area to explore.

Today's plans?  I'm going out around lunchtime for an appointment. That's about it.

Looking at the news just now and it looks like that entire coastline is cut off due to flooding!

We certainly got some rain these past few days, it's even been raining here.  Not massively, but steady.

It's brought a welcome break from the stinking hot weather.

I just spent a good hour changing my bed sheet!

That's cos I tied the bugger to the bed's legs!

'Fitted sheets' DO NOT stay fitted on our bed.

Stew's side always ends up bunched up on the topper.  So, I pinned tape on and tied each corner to the bed's legs.  Let's see how that works.

Not done much else yet today.

I'm planning on vacuming and washing some floors this afternoon.  That will probably be enough for the day. 😋😊😂


ABOVE:  Totally ME.

But... every day is better than the last, as long as I don't over do it.


2.05 pm:  and I'm home from my appointment.

All good in my world.

Maybe not so much for my 'hitch hiker'...

ABOVE:  As I was leaving home at 11.45,  I noticed this praying mantis on me car.  I took a photo cos it contrasted so nicely with me paint job, right?

Then when I got to Rototuna shops, it was till there!

After that, I went over to The Base... little bugger was still there!  Tenacious wee thing.

I felt for sure it would be gone once I got home as it rained fairly heavily on my way home.

NOPE!  Still clinging on for dear life.  So I got it off and put it in the garden.

Good deed done for the day.  Thank You very much.

Ahhh the things that amuse me.

Bex and the boys are visiting me.  So nice to have some company.

AND Bex baked me a Feijoa cake... it smells delicious.  She makes THE BEST Feijoa cake ever.


ABOVE:  Stew arrived home from work and we decided to go to Chartwell Square for a wander and dinner.

As I wasn't hungry, Stew got an Indian curry to eat at home.

The mall was literally EMPTY.  Every time we go there, we see more and more closed down shops.   It's so sad.  Chartwell used to be a buzzing place to go.

ABOVE:  On our way home, the police were setting up their Booze Bus.  Which means everyone travelling along Resolution Drive will get stopped and breathalysed.  No escaping it either, which is great.

Well, that's me day.  I'll be staying up to watch Coronation Street.  Then bed time.

OH... worth mentioning, the Magnesium supplement is working SO WELL!   I'm not having many cramps now, and I am sleeping better too.

14 comments:

  1. Oh No! That's a bummer. You will find some fun place. You always do!
    How about The world's longest bra fence in Cardrona Valley!
    Ha - I just looked at a list of ... well... this
    https://www.stayatbase.com/new-zealand/unusual-places-in-new-zealand/
    OMG- I want to go to ALL of THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that sucks! I'm sure you'll find somewhere else fun to go though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:33 PM

    We have rain today but not heavy tg. I know gardens and farms need it but my succulents don't. The weather is really damaging all over NZ. It must be frightening for families who have to evacuate. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can buy fitted sheets that have much longer sides. Perhaps you need those as they will reach down further and stay on. We have the longer ones. When you buy then look for not just the actual size but the length from top to bottom (sides).

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I do love your cartoon! I often have days like that :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend said the bridge might have been part of a divorce settlement cut in half like it is

    ReplyDelete
  7. FEIJOAS OMFG haven't had any yet 😭 hopefully this weekend 🤞 it's been bucketing down all day everything inside and out is damp GROSS 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh fejoa cake, lucky you 😋

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you found that you sleep better using magnesium as well as relieving cramps ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! Sleeping much better.

      Delete
  10. We use sheet "suspenders" in our caravan as the sheet hangs off the rounded corners of the bed. They work well.😊😊
    https://www.spotlightstores.com/bed/bedroom-accessories/sheet-smoothers-sheet-grippers/BP80240878-white

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have the same problem with the sheets on my bed. Drives me crazy. Glad to hear you are feeling better bit by bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never seen a random breath test. I don't even think that would be legal here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our mall is super dead too. Oddly enough the one close to my work is pretty busy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.