Tuesday, March 01, 2022

COVID ISO DAY 2.

 Yeah.

Not feeling too flash.

Didn't sleep well.

ABOVE:  My 'Covid' face.  😋😆

I think the worst symptoms are the headache and one I've not heard of before, sore eyes?

The rest is just like having a cold.

ABOVE:  Stew doing his self test yesterday!  A bit funny.  I told him he didn't need to shove it up into his brain... but looks like he tried anyway.  

Stew is working from home this week as scheduled, and half of next week now due to having to self isolate.

I don't know what I'll get up to today.  It will depend on how I feel once I get out of bed.

Until then... catch ya later.


12.50 pm:  Steadily feeling worse.  It's like a really bad cold.  Except for the headache and eyes.
Nothing is fixing the headache, and my eyes are still sore and running.
Sneezes like .... almost blow my head off!
But breathing is still fine, no respiratory problems at all.  That's a relief.
I firmly believe having been vaccinated and Boosted has helped lessen the symptoms.

Stew is still feeling OK.  He's working from home this week anyway, so that's kinda fortuitous. 

2.25 pm:  Brylee just dropped off some potato chips for us.  I felt like chips.
Weirdly, I am not thirsty, not at all.  I'm forcing myself to drink.  It's WEIRD, cos usually I'm drinking all the time.

MICHELLE:  Stew and I are living 'normally' within the house.  He is bound to get it, we were not keeping apart immediately before I tested POSITIVE, so yeah.  He's got a 99.9% chance of having caught it from me.

Brylee was in the house up until the weekend, but we didn't actually get in each other's faces (as such), so hopefully she will be fine.

Lacy is keeping her distance, she's wearing a mask while talking to me, with her way over the other side of the driveway, and me inside the house.

I feel very 'contaminated'.... it's a horrible feeling knowing I'm infectious right now.

GODDAM!  These sneezes are something else!!!

ABOVE:  I just watched this movie.  I give it a 7/10.    A bit slow in places, a thin story line, but enjoyable.
The best part for me was when Melissa McCarthy did her 'bit'.   I love her!  One of my MOST FAVOURITE actress.  If you watch it, make sure you watch the bit AFTER the ending credits as well !!!

I feel like utter shit, and am going back to bed.

9.03 pm:  Well it's been a long, boring day.
Being sick is not fun, entertaining or well... ANYTHING positive.
I'm hoping that tomorrow I feel a bit better.

Stew cooked us a lovely dinner of chicken steaks, kumera rosti and poppas and veges.

Time to just kill time till bedtime now... not that I'm looking forward bedtime.  You always feel worse during the night with nothing to distract you from how ya feel.  😕😒

28 comments:

  1. Hope you are OK, look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:40 AM

    Oh Chris, you look miserable. Have you tried relaxing in front of Netflix or even sleeping to give your eyes a rest? Nothingness more important than you getting better. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes... relax, watch mindless TV and get better. Looking at Stew doing that test you put it in horizontal, not up! I wonder where you got it from in everyone else is negative? My friends have it and the wife tested negative up until yesterday... now they both have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that you have had the dreaded Covid hit. Thinking of you and sending lots of "get well soon" wishes your way. I hope that you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the sore eyes, thought I had pink eye for a day. they were really swollen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. also it took me 8 days to test positive after my son did and my husband 10! So crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor sausage. Just rest, keep up the liquids and try to eat something. I hope you feel heaps better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:43 AM

    I am sorry you are feeling so miserable, may it all be over soon for you. XO, Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Chris, I hope you feel better soon and have a relatively easy run of it. It's unnerving not being sure what will happen in each case, and whether Stew etc. will get it too. Good luck, we are thinking of you both and hope it turns into fun relaxing time together! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your breathing is good and I hope the rest starts to improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look miserable you poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You poor thing, I hope you don’t mind me asking this but my husband and I have had many conversations about what would do if one of us got it … are you and Stew trying to stay away from each other so that he diethet it or are you just living as normal? I do hope you don’t get any worse. It sounds miserable. Hugs from Australia Michelle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for answering my question. I’m pretty sure we would do the same, and apologies for the terrible typos. You did well to understand me.

      Delete
    2. By the time anyone in a close/interactive household tests positive, everyone else has been really exposed, IMO.

      We did exactly what Stew and Chris are doing over Xmas. We had been in the car for hours with my daughter the day before she had symptoms and then tested positive. If we were going to get it, we already had it.

      And interestingly the other three of us never got it.

      But we still quarantined until she tested negative, we waited five more days and then we tested again and we were still negative.

      It was a long drawn out process regardless.

      Delete
  13. Anonymous2:15 PM

    Thanks for the update. Hang in there. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Feel better soon Chris, feel for you but yes, at least you are current with the vax's and hopefully it won't spread to the littlies. Big hugs to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. My daughter and 3 year old grandson got Covid but so in law missed out. There seems to be a lots of cases like this from what I have heard so hopefully no one else that has been a contact will get it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chris..I'm old, 78 yrs. now...In 2021 I got my 2 Moderna vaxes, then in Jan. 2022, I got Covid after talking to a lady in Walmart, we were both wearing masks. It was like a really bad case of the flu for me..lasted about 2 wks. before I began to gain energy again..Something that helped me a lot was to take Mucinex tabs (don't know if you have those in NZ) but they stopped my coughing, sneezing, eyes burning. Now, a month later, I'm fine except I've lost my "taste" for food, except for craving salty foods, like potato chips and pretzels (honestly, I've always craved both *Laughing) Get lots of rest (I slept straight thru 2 days with it)....drink gobs of liquids (H2O is best..it flushes out your system)..and be patient....it takes time but will get better after about 2 weeks. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chris, forgot to tell you I did have fever 102 for the 1st 48 hrs with shivering, chills and body aches. Mucinex has Tylenol in it so it helped my fever..but it stopped after 2 days. Just to tell you, I'm a RN, retired, and live in US, Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Get well soon! 😷😷 x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Continued hugs and quick healing wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Take care and you are soon on the mend x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Typo above I think you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete
  22. Healing vibes sent your way, hope you feeling heaps better soon

    ReplyDelete
  23. Healing vibes sent your way, hope you feeling heaps better soon

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lynney, I don't think even covid will encourage Chris to drink more H20 - she does like her diet coke ! Hope you are feeling much better soon Chris. Get some fluids of any kind into you and lots of rest, but it will be very boring until you recover I'm sure.....you're not one for sitting about are ya ?!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you are on the mend soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.