Wednesday, March 16, 2022

QUESTION

 In two weeks time we get our new CONCRETE driveway put down.

A few people have suggested we put a memento or something similar in the concrete 'somewhere'.

WHAT  should we put in it?  A coin?  Our handprints?  The date?  All of the above?  

Gimme ideas.

ABOVE:  I've had to take all me rings off (bar that one), cos all they do is spin around and around me fingers all day... and drive me batty!

I don't want to make them smaller (at considerable cost), as you never know, my fingers can and do swell at times.

So, for now, they are off.  Feels weird without them!

Note super conservative nail polish?  That's not me usually either.


ABOVE:  Stew's sister, Khady, called in on her way up to Auckland a couple of days ago.  She gave us this gift pack of meat 'rubs' and sauce.

I don't do enough to jazz up our food usually, so it will be interesting to try them out.

Next, a few photos from last night's birthday dinner:

ABOVE:  Lacy 'photo bombed' the first one!  It was a very rich chocolate cake.  We sent the left overs home with them, I couldn't eat more than half a piece!

ABOVE:  I really love having family gatherings.  Everyone happy and having fun.

ABOVE:  Our local Chinese Takeaways are SO GOOD!  They have never given us a bad dinner yet.  They are called 'Noodle Club', and are in the St James Shops, at Rototuna.

I have no plans for today... story of my life right now.  I sometimes THINK I will sew, but by the time I'm up and out of bed, and done the very basic housework, all desire to do anything has flown out the bloody door.

Grrrrr.

So.  Let's just wait and see shall we.



ABOVE:  I was determined to get out for a LITTLE walk this morning.  We have a lovely cool breeze going on, so it was perfect for walking.

We only did a 10/10, but it was GOOD.  I got home tired, but not totally done in.
The new sneakers were awesome, a bit firm but they will ease up soon enough.

ABOVE: The company that is doing our driveway in 2 weeks did this driveway a few weeks ago.  They keep their friggin gate closed, so I can't show you more than that!
But as you can see, it's a greyish colour, called half black.  I'm so excited to get it on our driveway!

Something to really look forward to.

ABOVE: The other thing I am really looking forward to?  The lies catching up with you one day, cos for sure they will.
No names of course, but there's a fucking bitch out there who has it coming.

And guess what?  MY BLOG... I can say whatever the fuck I want on it.  And MORE on my PRIVATE BLOG.  So much more.  

Moving on... I am feeling THE BEST today in a long time!  Yes I have a headache and am tired, but not to the point where I want to go back to bed!
PROGRESS!!!   Yaaa.

As for putting something in the driveway, I'm leaning towards something that is NOT personal.
Just still not sure what.

3.50 pm: Well it's been a quiet afternoon.  Haven't felt like doing much at all after my walk this morning.

Our neighbour's roof is getting water blasted as I speak.  Bit noisy, by not too bad.  Just hoping none of the crap on the roof ends up in our pool.

So far so good.

Well the guy on the neighbour's roof did well!  None of the roof crap ended up over here.
And he worked all day water blasting that roof, he was still working at 6.30 pm.  Long day.

Stew and I had a lovely dinner of pork belly pieces that I had marinated and cooked, with potatoes and a salad.  Very yum it was too.

Now?  Just watching the telly till bedtime.

Catch ya tomorrow.

21 comments:

  1. Lovely photos 🙂. Re the driveway ... please think super carefully re adding handprints or date ... the previous owners of our place put the date on ours and I seriously cringe every time I see it. It means nothing to us and just annoys us. For us to get rid of it is very expensive. Coins over time can rust do also annoy you at a later date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Chris ... just an after thought ... maybe talk to the concrete company if you are wanting to "decorate" your driveway with some sort of addition. They may have some good suggestions. Just thinking I have seen patterns made with small tile like pieces in the past embedded into concrete. Can't remember where I saw it ... may have been on TV.

      Delete
    2. I agree, I would not want anything on my driveway from a former owner.

      A builder in my area puts his nameplate in the sidewalks of the houses he builds and that would be a deal breaker for me.

      So my suggestion is the year the house was originally built, somewhere very discrete.

      Or as Paula suggested a small pattern somewhere that is non personal.

      Delete
  2. Maybe you should try going for a 5/5 walk down your road today. Even a 3/3. It seems that a 10/10 is still a ways off. Next walk can be a 6/6 and so on. Sometimes starting with something really miniscule is actually a goal that can easily be met and without a lot of "dread".

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about some shells or blue stones in the driveway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott made us a step to our front door and we have our name and handprints in it (and Trevor's foot prints since he was tiny) If you plan on moving eventually maybe not a great idea but I love ours and the kids color it in in chalk sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad Bev had a lovely family party. Hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris, I have used these, you don’t even notice they’re on.

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ring-Size-Adjuster-Reducer-Spiral-Invisible-Snugs-Guard-Resizer-Jewellery-Tool-/123752516273?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0

    ReplyDelete
  7. What about a coin with this year's date on it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:12 PM

    Lovely photos of Bex's party. Griffin looks happy. How about an arrow pointing up to mean The only way is up or forward and you're not dealing with the crap of the past including driveways. I think that's what's caused you to get Covid and make you so sick. No more stress. Like my boss told me - instead of saying What Next? I have to say No more! Kj

    ReplyDelete
  9. You completed a 10/10! Awesome!
    A coin with the year on it. Maybe another coin with the year you bought the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. maybe put the dog's paw prints in the cement? Our friend did that. He was a builder and actually put metal in the paw prints so they were an art feature

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shit sorry Happy Birthday for yesterday Bex 🍾🍷🍸🍹🥂 am trying to WFH its ok but not the best yet. I reckon put one of these in the driveway🖕LOL 🤣 great that you are feeling better 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mum, let the areas where your rings were, puff back out, once they have done that and there’s no indent, the rings will fit properly again. Massive those areas daily :-)
    #TeamHarvey
    Daughter#1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:31 PM

    It's great to hear you're feeling a bit better. Please, don't overdo it! Baby steps. Exciting to hear you're getting a concrete driveway in a couple of weeks - we are too! Belated birthday wishes to your lovely bonus daughter, Bex.

    A Fan in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  14. Something nautical in the driveway? A little metal fish? Bet you can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear you got out for a walk. Bit by bit back to normal. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are feeling better, Putting something in the cement sounds like a good idea. Get some inspiration from Pinterest, or something blue .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you playing Wordle?
    It's a new craze, a word game. Play it once a day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Running Girl Nic12:13 PM

    Yes I think something nautical too, maybe a small metal anchor? Not sure where you would find it or how that would work. Good to see you are recovering and out walking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yay finally got a comment to work, think I can now comment from my phone! I hope so I feel like I miss out on all the action if I can't comment lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.