Thursday, March 10, 2022

BACK TO NORMAL

 Well.... I'm done being in Isolation.

It's 11 days since I tested Positive, so well and truly no longer infectious apparently.

So what shall I do today?

Go out and about, celebrate being FREE?

Stew has gone back to work in the office, he's FREE too.

I dunno.  If I can think of a valid reason to go out, I will.  Otherwise I'm happy to stay at home.

ABOVE:  Recognise the gate?  It used to hang in our Cambridge house, before we got our gorgeous Barn Door.  

Now, it's the perfect size for here.

Oh how I miss our amazing Barn Door!  And I wish there was somewhere here to put one.  But no.  There isn't anywhere to put one, and it wouldn't be in keeping with this homes style.


ABOVE:  I'm rather happy that I can now get my laundry trolley in and out of the laundry area.

The other day I had to lift the trolley over the other gate, and all the damn pegs fell out all over the floor.  That's when my thinking cap went on... and I decided to put the bigger gate on.

I shall probably work on the runners I have managed to eeek out of that quilt top today.

And that's me for now.

Catch ya later.


9.15 am:  And I did it!   I got up at my 'normal time', had a shower etc, made the bed for the first time on 11 days, did the pool maintenance, watered the back garden, opened all the windows and did other little odd jobs.  And while I had to push myself towards the end, I did it all!

So happy I'm pretty much back to normal.

Sure, my fitness levels are at an all time low, but small steps.  I might try for a 10/10 this evening, once it's cooled down.

10/10 means walk 10 minutes from home, then turn around and come back.  I will slowly build up the time until I can rejoin my FBG friends in Cambridge for some 20/20's.

And, because I feel quite good today, I might go out looking for a pot to grow a passionfruit vine in.  


12:10 pm:  And I spent 2 hours out looking at pots.  Nothing said 'buy me'.

So then I turned my attention to finding more Dog Flea Shampoo.

Two Pet shops and two supermarkets later... NO ONE has any.

So I grabbed a few groceries and came home.

And then I rang Mike.

Cos Mike works in a big distribution centre in Palmerston North, that supplies ANIMAL and PET supplies to all the retailers in New Zealand.

And he's gunna get me Dog Shampoos for the girls.  

So far him and Joyce have not caught Covid, but it's only a matter of time, as they live with someone who now has it.

I'm feeling pretty good after being out and about, forgot how awful it is to wear a mask.  Particularly when it's so hot outside.  I was bloody relieved to get home and throw the mask off.

I won't be doing much else for the day.  I'm a bit tired, but I wouldn't say exhausted.  Must be getting better eh?


ABOVE:  So after lunch, I did some of that.

ABOVE:  I was really happy to get the asphalt removed from around the air conditioning unit today.  It came up VERY easily in fact.  In some places I use a chisel and hammer to prise it up of course, but that area?  Nah, it was just a hand job.  😖😂😅

I just put dinner in the oven.  We are having Butterflied Chicken with Red Onions/Sultanas and a Hoisin sauce, potatoes and salad.

Should be good.

Dinner was amazing.  
Steve, Bex and the boys visited us!  That was lovely.  Nice to get hugs again.

I overdid it today.  The idea of going for a walk after dinner was a laugh! 

Catch ya tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. I must try the 10/10. Or even a 5/5! Glad you're feeling better. Now DON'T OVERDO IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your freedom sounds like u had nice time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, sounds like you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better Chris, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a little outing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:40 PM

    You run circles around me and I don't have covid. Ha That is wild the new asphalt didn't adhere to the old asphalt and that it just pulls up like that. Crazy! Glad you are up and about. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! That video. Holy moly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you on the improve from Covid. Gees, scary to see little resistance the driveway is giving while you're ripping it up. Not surprised how it showed so many dents, tyre treads etc - look how soft and bendable it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The video, truly shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Jez you could literally roll all that asphalt up like a rug lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clearly there were no blue pots 🤣 great to hear you are on the mend how's Lacy and Stew?? 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lacy has a heavy head cold. No headache or sore throat. Hardly any cough now. Tired. Stew is 100% healthy still.

      Delete
  12. Our asphalt guys dug up the old driveway, laid a heap of crushed rock and pounded it, edged the driveway with bricks and then poured the asphalt - no where as thick as yours. Dodgy dodgy dodgy. You should get a current affair program onto them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because we reached a 'financial settlement', there is no point going to a current affairs programme. Bad mouthing them here and on Facebook is all I can do. I'm still furious that he insisted there was NOTHING wrong with the asphalt OR his workmanship!

      Delete
  13. Glad you got the all clear to get on with life. Wow on the asphalt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had co worker get a positive covid test. Not for me though. Glad you're better.
    Here, a lot of places are out of a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad that the asphalt company is paying you to replace the driveway. They really did a horrible job.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.