Friday, March 11, 2022

A PROMISE

 Today I have promised myself two things.

1.  NO chocolate or lollies!

2.  NO chipping up asphalt.

I totally overdid BOTH things yesterday, and by 8 pm I was completely DONE IN.

I was exhausted, and my stomach was churning from having chocolate after dinner... and lollies for lunch!

Yep, seriously stuffed up my day eating shit, and doing too much.

So today I'm going to do things differently.

No sweets.  No physical exercise.

Just chill out, be a lazy tart.  Watch Netflix.

ABOVE:  I took this photo of Coco for Mike yesterday.  She's so cute.

I can't believe she's now 12.  Such a sweetie, and doing so well.


ABOVE: This is the salad I bought for our dinner last night.  I don't buy pre-packaged salads too often. I had not bought this one before.  I can highly recommend it though.  It was just lovely.

You could easily add more ingredients to it, to make it go further too.   I didn't bother, it was just enough for Stew and I, with a bit left over for my lunch today.

Right, time to get a move on... and do nothing! lol


12.55 pm:  And I am doing NOTHING!
Seriously, all I've done today is water the gardens.
And that was not strenuous at all.

ABOVE: The back lawn is taking it's sweet time dying off, but it is slowly dying.
Once it's totally dead we can rake all the dead stuff off and re-sow with GOOD grass seed.

Bex just visited.  She's getting Lacy some groceries.

ABOVE: The dogs went nuts when she came inside. Rather sweet.


ABOVE:  Steve has today off work and is out fishing off Kawhia, lucky bugger.  He said he's caught quite a few fish too.

Suemn has left a new comment on your post "BACK TO NORMAL":I am so glad that the asphalt company is paying you to replace the driveway. They really did a horrible job.

Ahhh Suemn, I don't know where you read that.
The Asphalt Company did NOT pay for us to get a new driveway at all.

They refunded our deposit and gave us a goodwill payment towards the removal of their defective asphalt, which in no way covers all of the removal, at all.

The new concrete driveway is being paid for entirely by us.

5.30 pm:  And as you can see, I've been very quiet on here today.  That is because I slept all afternoon.
Yep.  Did NOTHING at all.  I can do it!

I can't say I feel better for it either.  Still tired.
The Covid fatigue is lingering around it would appear.

Tonight Stew and I are gunna have some sort of takeaways for dinner.
Talking of Stew, he should be home from work in the next half an hour or so.

8.48 pm:  Dinner was fish 'n' chips.  Very average.

Stew is now watching rugby and I'm watching a movie on Netflix.  It's boring.  I will be switching to something else.

Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. I buy pre-packed salads all of the time! We get two to three meals out of one bag and I usually add more each time. Sometimes I also get an iceburg lettuce to add to different bagged mixes but they are so expensive at the moment! I've not tried that citrus one though so might have a look at some different options. I hope Lacy is feeling better, life will be back to normal before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking bets on how long our beloved Chris does nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything good on Netflix?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Coco. She looks great. Enjoy your day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your dogs are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheesh it's bloody warm here again mowed the lawns and got up super early to take some AMAZING photos even if I do say so myself 🤣 I seriously need a Bex 🤞🤞 so fresh fish for Team Harvey 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long Covid is a thing. Don't overdo things even when you start to feel stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:31 PM

    Have u changed the size of your font or is it my tablet very small struggle to see it. Had fish and chips here for tea too the place i go have lovly fish and scrummmy fish have never tried any of the other FnC shops more than happy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling somewhat better. I have heard the fatigue lingers for quite awhile. sorry I had to tell you that but, I guess you know that already.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a restful weekend. Take care and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those salads but haven't seen that one here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.