Friday, March 18, 2022

2 GLASSES FULL

 Ya all know I don't drink water right?

Ya must do if you've been reading my shit for long enough.

Well... today I will be drinking TWO GLASSES FULL!

Yep.

One with Electrolytes in it, and one with Magnesium in it.

How awesome is that?

What a great way to start the day.... RIGHT???

I forgot to mention it yesterday... just remembered myself.

The Doctor wants to see me again in two weeks, to see how I'm doing.  I was rather impressed that she thought of that.  

This clinic we have been joined up to hasn't been that flash.  No follow ups usually, no regular blood tests that we are used to having.

So ... I think this next check up will determine if we stay there or not.

It's been really hard finding the right medical clinic here in Hamilton.

I hope we don't have to change again.

All going well I am going for a 10/10 walk this morning, nice and slow.  I know I have to take it easy still, but a very slow 10/10 is totally doable.

Then I shall see how that affects me.  Fingers crossed I am just fine afterwards.

I really, really want to be on the road to a full recovery sooner rather than later.


ABOVE:  Well.... a good start to my day.
I went slightly further this morning as I was feeling good.
Still INCREDIBLY slow... LIKE DAWDLING!....but it's a start.
Now I wait and see how I feel in a couple of hours!

Heard back from the Doctors today.  My diabetes is 'uncontrolled' and they want to see me asap.
Yeah right.

Getting an appointment there takes about 2 weeks!  And I'm not doing another 'walk in' and paying $70.

I'll ring them and just book something for in 2-3 weeks I suppose.


ABOVE:  Beautiful trees in our park today.  I love them, so you have to see them too.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜Š



I rang the Doctors.  They want me to see MY DOCTOR, not one that would see me if I did another 'walk in' like I did yesterday.

The doctors on the 'walk in side' are rostered on locums, not your actual doctor, who knows your history.

I have no problem spending whatever it takes on my health, but I do have an issue spending money to see a Doctor who didn't even explore my medical history in an effort to help me.  (like yesterday).  I had to ASK for a blood test, to check my HbA1c and kidney function.  It was not suggested by the doctor at all.

There is a wait of 2-3 weeks to see my own Doctor, and I have an appointment booked.


I have had insulin injections suggested on numerous occasions, BUT have managed to get my diabetes under control with diet and Metformin, so that is what I shall do AGAIN.

Using words like 'dialysis' is actually scaremongering, and unnecessary.



ABOVE:  I finished one!
And I'm feeling great today!  Yes, still got a headache and feel tired, but OH, so much better!

ABOVE:  Yaaa!  Being free of Covid means we get our granddaughter back for the weekend.
We love having her, and she gets to be with her Mum and family again.
Best thing is, now that Lacy is living here we get to see Miss Muppet even more.

Marie McN:  I love you.  "Sorry, not sorry" was a bit funny too.

Comments are now closed on this post, we won't be publishing any more.  There's far too many 'know it alls', who are only too quick to give me their opinion, be they factual or just bloody rude.

I'm signing off for the night.  
Catch you tomorrow.

21 comments:

  1. I know you hate water but you do need some. Diet Coke is a diuretic meaning it dehydrates you due to the caffeine in it. I sometimes have a coke and know the caffeine in that will stop me sleeping that night! Your body must be so used to a high amount of caffeine but the dehydration from this must also be affecting you. I think a 10/10 walk is a fantastic idea and I must really get back into walking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a little message like "uncontrolled, must be seen immediately" will jump you to the front of the line. So mention that when you call. Happy to hear you are completing some walks. Who cares if they are short or slow - you are making progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great going with your walk Chris. Just beautiful scenery too. Chris please, please take your diabetes seriouslyπŸ’•. I don’t won’t to harp on about how dangerous it is to have uncontrolled diabetes, I’m sure you know its life threatening effects on your body. You have so much in your life to be happy about and your gorgeous family love you so much. Please push for an early appointment. Dehydration plus diabetes equals kidney damage 😒😒😒😒😒

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:03 PM

    I hope you go to the Dr immediately !!! take care

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:35 PM

    Why aren't you willing to pay for your health when you will spend whatever it takes for your home? $70 for a walk in appointment (when you should be going immediately and not in 2-3 weeks) as opposed to what it is costing for the drive!! I think you are frightened they are going to suggest insulin injections but if you don't look after yourself it could be dialysis!! I too hate injections but the alternative is worse!! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:37 PM

    The bark on that first tree is amazing. The colour would be great in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't be against the insulin injections. My sister finally got them and they have been life changing for her. Also a friend of ours who is only in his 40s has found they have helped him enormously and made life so much better (he eats a very healthy diet too). Eating better along with insulin injections will probably give you the best possible result. Obviously wait to discuss with your doctor but don't dismiss the doctor's advice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Of course using words like "dialysis" is scaremongering but I wouldn't call it unnecessary. That could be the result if you don't take care of yourself - seesawing backwards and forwards getting your diabetes under control and then losing it again isn't doing your longterm health any good. If this was one of your kids, I bet you would be saying the same to them!! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new runner. You are so talented. Wonderful to have Miss Muppet back with you again for the weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a nurse, and see many people with "uncontrolled "diabetes. Generally not uncontrolled due to lack of medical care, but because it's often not taken seriously. The damage high blood sugar can do after several years of neglect shouldn't be underestimated. - heart, kidney, vision, not to mention the amputations! Google “ozempic” -and maybe discuss it with your doctor when you go. Apparently helps with weight loss too . Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How is the water drinking going? I know it is hard for you. I struggle to drink 2 litres of anything a day which is even worse now I was put on weight loss injections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one glass full with electrolytes in the morning, and one in the evening with the powdered Magnesium. In between I drink Diet coke, probably about 1.5 litres a day, so there is plenty of fluid going in! Remember ... Diet coke is just WATER with some flavouring added. Just like Coffee, Tea, fruit juices etc. All made with WATER. Anyone who bags me over not drinking water are WRONG, I drink plenty of it! lol

      Delete
    2. I drink plentiful amounts of Diet Coke as well!

      Delete
    3. Exactly Chris, each to their own. As long as you get fluid into you wether you are sick or well

      Delete
  12. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Have you tried drinking powerade or loaded. They have electrolytes in them and they have a no sugar Zero one. Expensive but I've had to stop drinking so much Coke No Sugar cause it causes problems with me bladder. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6:25 PM

    why does the kid where a mask? are you afraid of covid, now you have had it you will be fine. Masks are bad for kids lungs growth. Tina( a nurse wdhb )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lacy took that photo as she picked Keera up from school, where ALL children over a certain age are required to wear a mask. You as a nurse here in New Zealand should know the regulations around mask wearing, surely? If you presumed our granddaughter was wearing a mask here at our home, you are wrong.

      Delete
    2. Can Masks Interfere With Children’s Lung Development?
      No. Wearing a mask for long periods of time at school won’t affect your growing child’s lung development. In fact, the mask allows oxygen to properly flow in and around it while protecting your child from coming in contact with spit, coughs, sneezes, or other airborne particles that could carry the COVID-19 virus. Preventing or limiting the spread of COVID-19 with masks is one way to make sure your child’s lungs stay healthy.

      COPIED AND PASTED FROM: https://www.webmd.com/lung/children-masks#2

      Delete
  14. You’ve done this before Chris re the diabetes I’m sure you will get back on track. I’m now on weekly b12 jabs - so much easier if you can sort b4 you need jabs- take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had such bad intestinal problems with Metformin I used to call those pills diarrhea discs. Something with those pills used to give me horrible cramps in the muscles in my lower back to where the muscle would actually cramp up into a lump. The doctors didn't seem to believe me until one day a doctor appointment coincided with my back muscle cramping up and the doctor took me off of them when she felt the back muscle knotted up. Other oral diabetes meds didn't do too much to help me. Finally I started insulin shots. There is more effort to keeping the doses right, but I think it works a lot better than the other meds I took.

    I know you have not been feeling well lately, but thought I would mention to you if you were taking prednisone or other steroids for illness they will raise your blood sugar,sometimes by a whole lot.

    Take care. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great going getting a wee walk in
    . Can’t talk magnesium in mornings it makes me get horrific diarrhoea I take mine at night.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.