Friday, March 04, 2022

COVID ISO DAY 5

 Steve, Bex and the boys came over for a swim last night.  They didn't enter our house at all, just snuck down the side of the house to the pool.

ABOVE:  We got to watch them swim, and yak to them from the safety of the sunroom.  Masks on too, of course.

ABOVE:  I made a concentrated effort to NOT touch or rub my eyes yesterday, and it has helped them tremendously!
I still feel like shit, but maybe a smaller pile of shit!  💩💩 lol
My eyes are certainly much better.  

Bex is doing a grocery shop for us today... she's getting me ice cream, custard and mousse.  Cos the throat is still awful.
I might ring the Dr and ask for a prescription for something that will actually help my throat.  

Right, that's me for now.  Catch ya later.


11.30 am:  Ahhh tis a good day!
On a scale of 1 to 10, my headache is now only a 5.
The throat is still a problem, but I will try and get something better for it today.

Bex did our shopping, I now have lots of yummy stuff to eat that won't hurt me throat.

The Asphalt Company has agreed to our final terms to settle the driveway issue!!!
I am shocked to be honest.
I was sure that bastard would dig his heels in and refuse to do anything except return our deposit!
Now we are getting our deposit back, PLUS a fair amount to remove their fucking defective asphalt!

I bitterly regret not going down the 'concrete' path from the word go!  But I thought it would be way, way too expensive.  And it's not!  Yes, it's double what the asphalt cost, but now in hindsight, a much better option.

So, I'm having a happy day.  About bloody time.

Why is it when you are struggling to keep your eyes open and feel DOG TIRED, ya go to bed ...  and you can't sleep?  Sooooo frustrating.

And the fucking Asphalt Company are being utter pricks and have pointed out that at NO TIME have they said their asphalt was defective (he DID SAY THAT, and we have it on tape), and they will not admit to poor workmanship either.

Well I'm sorry, but the damn driveway speaks for itself, as does the tar on me house, tiles, garage door, jagged and crumbling edges and so on.  FFS, I'm totally over this shit.  As soon as they have paid us back I am going to do my very best to forget they ever stepped foot on my property.

Yes Tracy, I will be letting it go.  Sorta.

I just watched The Weekend Away on Netflix. Not a bad 'who done it'.

Throat is now a 4/10.  Headache 4/10, so we are on the improve!
Minimal coughing and certainly less sneezing.  That's a bloody relief cos OMG those sneezes were something else.  My best was 6 humongous ones in a row!

Easy to see how the virus spreads when you are sneezing those bugs for miles!  lol

I might just cook dinner this evening.
Sausages, smashed potatoes and veges.
With gravy.  Gotta have gravy.  And if that doesn't wanna go down too well... there's always pudding, ice cream and custard!

Dinner went well... but it took all my energy to cook and serve it!
I don't think I've felt this fatigued in ... EVER.

Looking forward to tomorrow, cos I reckon I will be feeling even better than today.

Catch ya then.

19 comments:

  1. You look a little better today, I think and hope you are over the worst of it, enjoy all your icream and soothing foods for your throat,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are on the mend. I stocked up on all kinds of throat lozenges and painkillers a few weeks ago in case I needed them. Somehow we've not caught omicron yet but I'm amazed that we haven't because we've been seeing the boys most days and they all have it at their school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so much better today, hope you start feeling better, also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Defo looking better 👌 couldn't sleep this morning up at 2:48am guess I'm being channeled by Polly 6 years since she grew her wings to fly over the rainbow bridge 🥺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:34 AM

    Well you certainly look better. Thank goodness!!! Glad to see you up and at the window. I know you were thrilled to see the kiddo's. Keep up the good work and enjoy your yummies!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo of u both using the sunny window not often you r sitting still doing nuffin...and getting photographic evidence too

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so much better today Chris. Hopefully you have turned the corner now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:31 AM

    You look better but maybe not feel much better with that throat. Do what you need to do to get better - sleep, eat, sleep, eat... to kj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo, a good day. I am sure the sore throat will be gone soon. Great news about the driveway - as long as he actually fulfills his end of the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:32 PM

    I'm glad I didn't comment earlier this morning because in the photo with you and Stew sitting at the table, the sun is shining on Stew and I thought it was Lacy or someone else with blond hair and I was going to ask why you were breaking your isolation. Sorry, my bad! You probably wouldn't have printed it, lol. Audrey BTW, I do go to Specsavers but didn't have my glasses on!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic news about the driveway, so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:27 PM

    Glad you are feeling a bit better Chris & fab news about the asphalt company!! Thank goodness for Bex sorting you shopping too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. At the end of the day, as long as they pay, who gives a flying F&%k what they say. You know the truth & have the truth on tape so if they backtrack on paying you off to DT you go. Don't waste any more time on being pissed with them, it is not worth it and soon enough you will have a lovely new concrete driveway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad your eyes are feeling better and I hope you get help with your throat. Hope the asphalt company pays up quickly. Hugs and healing. Nice you can see your family even if it is on the other side of a window.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:48 PM

    Yum wish I lived closer. I'd be there for dinner and pudding. Even if I had to sit outside lol. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you are starting to feel a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous6:25 PM

    Probably best to ignore that they are disputing that they used defective material until you have got the money in your bank account. All you really want is the money to put towards the concrete driveway and if you don't have to take them to court (with all the time and effort that would take) you can move on and put it all behind you. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous6:25 PM

    Glad your feeling better, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good to see you are on the road to recovery. Take care. Rest well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.