Wednesday, March 23, 2022

LESS ... MUCH LESS

 So, I overdid it yesterday and paid for it with a crash and burn situation after dinner.

I'm not doing that again.

Today I am going to take it easy.

I shall NOT dig the lawn over.

I shall not go for a walk.

I will stay home and behave myself.

Might do some sewing, that's not too taxing.

It was a bit annoying realising that I'm NOT 100% yet.  I hate not being up to speed.

But lesson learnt.

Stew did a talk to a local Rotary Club last night, and they gave him a really lovely book as a Thank You.

ABOVE:  Something nice for the coffee table. 😊

Right, time to get a move on... to do nothing. Catch ya later.


12.45 pm:  And it's been a borning morning.  I went to the supermarket and bought a few things.  I want to make some date scones.
NO DATES.
So yeah, off to the supermarket.
Weird how ya dream of something (date scones), and ya just have to make them.  *sigh*

So, apart from buying dates, among other things... I'm here at home... bored shitless.

Watching some incredibly Sloooooooooow movie called 'Windfall' on Netflix.  

Some good news, most of the restrictions around COVID are being lifted soon.  No more scanning into places, mandates lifted and so on.
About time.

WINDFALL.... has a nice twist at the end.  Slow as fuck movie, but almost worth it for the twist.

The scones came out OK.  Not amazing, but OK.
I won't cut up the dates next time.

2 pm.  Might take a nap.  I don't feel like doing a damn thing right now.

DAMN DAMN DAMN.  The concrete company can't come next week.  Covid has put them behind with sick workers.
So... we are now looking at the 4th of April as a start date.

Nothing to do but wait a week longer right?

So.  I just turned over a little bit more of the back lawn.  Just A LITTLE BIT.  It's all I've done all day so I'm not feeling guilty about it.
Dinner this evening is cold meats and salad, and hot spuds.

10.25 pm:  And that's a wrap for the day.  It's been a riveting day I tell ya.  So much going on... NOT.
Maybe tomorrow will be better ... somehow.

10 comments:

  1. I think you are doing quite well considering how sick you actually were. You seem to have a keen sense of when to stop and chill though. So follow that instinct and relax today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:33 AM

    Chris - you do the work of 4 people. I wish I had your get up and go. Hang in there, better days are near. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you actually need to dig the lawn over at all? If you put top soil on top that's generally all that would be needed once the grass is dead. Also good fertiliser of course. I think there is along tail on covid for many people. My daughter is still feeling it's effects two weeks on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:34 AM

    That book looks lovely. I went out with Stew a couple of times in PN when he was talking. He is an excellent speaker. Too often we think we are great and do too much then WHAM body says no more. I felt great this morning so had a shower. Out of the whole hmm okay. Then took rubbish out to the bin and nearly fell twice. Thank God I had my stick. 8m on meds for it but they're hopeless. Don't know if I can handle this for rest of my life. Having a pity party!! Kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two steps forward and one step back. Easy does it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tiredness & other symptoms of Covid seem to hang about for quite a while and the more you try to push yourself the longer they linger. I know it is frustrating the heck out of you but resting & taking it easy will lead to being back to your old, busy self sooner.

    Bugger about the concrete company but it seems to be a problem in most places at the moment. Trying to get an electrician yesterday for one of my clients was fun. I ended up getting one recommended by my electrician (he could not do it because he was flat out & 2 staff down - with Covid).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know patience isn't one of your strong points chick 🤣 but with Covid it's the world we live in. Absolutely pissing down here hopefully it doesn't become a repeat of last November!! 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just turned over a bit more of me lawn... couldn't help myself. As for the weather... it's been very bad north of you... so batten down the hatches!

      Delete
  8. Good luck taking it easy. Slow down and relax. Hope you get back to feeling yourself very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started to watch Windfall last night and got bored before it even started. Sheesh 5 minutes of opening credits? I was like if I'm bored already might as well watch something else lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.