Saturday, March 05, 2022

COVID ISO DAY 6

 YEAH!

Two things to be happy about today.

I am feeling much better.  Obviously my throat dries out a lot overnight, so feels much worse in the morning.

That will ease up over the day all going well.

And... THE MONEY IS IN THE BANK.  So no more shielding the asphalt company's name.



SHAW ASPHALTERS 2006 Ltd, you suck.  You ruined our driveway.  

Today, if I continue to feel up to it, I'm going to start digging all the asphalt out of the drip lines between our house bricks, that should never have been filled with asphalt in the first place!

I will also clean the tar off our bricks and garage door.  AND I will sweep all the stones off the driveway, and around the edges that they just left.

In other words, I will start to clean up the bloody mess they should have fixed from the word go.

Well that's the plan!  Let's see how much I can get done before the batteries run down, and I have to go and have a Nana Nap!  COVID people!  COVID saps ya energy for sure.



..... And then she got outta bed, had breakfast, brushed her teeth, combed her hair.... and collapsed in a heap on her chair.  EXHAUSTED.


NO... you may not say 'I told you so' or laugh.  

I shall just sit here and gather some strength... for later.

11.43 am:  I'm outside hosing down the driveway.  Wearing my mask of course.  Lacy is over by her studio.  She has a little cough now and then.  So I tell her to go and take a RAT.

POSITIVE.

Did she catch it here, or at her last flat where her flatmate had it and took no precautions against spreading it?  We will never know.

But it means she has to now enter 10 MORE days of isolation!  
I wonder when Stew will test positive?

And I can't do NOTHING for days and days on end, it's doing my head in.

ABOVE:  That is all I did!  Just hosed down the driveway to again remove loose stones.  I KNOW it was a pointless exercise as it's all getting ripped up in a month, but I still wanted to do it.

I am now in me chair, feet up drinking diet coke.
Happy now?

ABOVE: Stew just sprayed weedkiller on our cute little lawn!
Yep.  We are killing it and starting again.  It had so many weeds it was more weeds than lawn.

ABOVE:  He's now working on filling in the holes and prepping this area for topsoil, then lawn.
We are taking the pavers back about 4 'sets'.  And of course, removing that black metal pole too.

Stew still feels well.  No, we will not be mixing and mingling with Lacy now that she has Covid too.  

ABOVE:  Stew worked for a few hours this morning and got the back yard ready for new topsoil.
He laid some pavers in that corner so we can put a BIG pot there, and grow a passionfruit vine in it.  Well that's the plan.

ABOVE:  Now all ready for new topsoil, then grass.

I spent about 2 hours this afternoon chipping back the asphalt from our house bricks.  I used a small chisel and my hands.  It wasn't hard to pull the bloody asphalt up!
I'll show you what I got done tomorrow.  For now... I'm done.

Stew and I had our lunch very late in the afternoon, so are going to wait until late this evening for dinner.

I think we are having ice cream.  Judge not.  We are grown ups and can eat ice cream for dinner if we want!

Well, we didn't have ice cream after all.  I cooked up some chips and fish cakes!  Super fast and easy.  
Now, it's getting late and I'm off to bed.

Stew has a headache.   Testing him again in the morning!

17 comments:

  1. Just rest up you don't want to go 3 steps forward and 5 back. Spent 3 hours in the garden yesterday as my Grandmother used to say "bury your troubles in the garden" 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:55 AM

    Oh Chris can you give yourself a couple more days yo heal before running a marathon Please. You're not out of the woods yet and still need to fight it. Wait till you get more energy cause like Robyn says you'll be 3 steps forward and 5 steps back. I know you want to get things done NOW but please wait until Monday. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not better Mrs so rest the drive is going no where

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you hate not being busy but you need to suck it up & REST until you feel better, and the bad news is, that could be WEEKS not just the 20 days you have to actually isolate for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:25 AM

    Agreed, wait until your isolation period is up at least. The mess from the asphalt isn't going anywhere and is the same as it was yesterday and last month. Your health is more important, just don't look at it!! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:42 AM

    Please take your time getting over Covid. It's no joke and comes back around to bite ya butt if you do too much too soon. The driveway is gonna have to wait until you're well and truly over it and that might take weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:08 AM

    Rest up! Your health is more important than the driveway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. I hope the fatigue is gone sooner than later for you. Hang in there! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never laugh you silly (Covid Infected) Goose!
    Rest up. This Covid crap is no joke. Maybe, after a nice Diet Coke - you can clean 1 brick. Nah, forget that. Just get better.
    The driveway will likely be quite a mess when it gets dug up. So no worries. And sweeping the rocks will not do anything, I suspect it will birth more rocks like bunny babies. Plus - it's going to get removed.. If you MUST.... clean up 1 brick a day for now.
    You can not be your normal productive self so quickly. It is hard. I know. I have been slowed down with the stupid broken arm. It is frustrating. But now, your job is to get well! Anything else is "frosting on the cake" as they say!
    Or watch Netflix. If you have Hulu "Only Murders in the Building" is a good short series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs. Baby steps okay. I am delighted you have the money.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for the money in the bank. Now sit down and behave yourself. Sucks that Lacy is positive. Can you mingle now?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you're feeling better! Please take it easy. :)
    ~Nicole in CA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo, money in the bank. It was hard work and you did it, yes you did it. Thank goodness that's over. Now you just have to get over that damn covid thing.
    One of my grandsons has it now. No symptoms and he is bored bored bored
    Hope Lacy has it easy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had jelly and ice cream for tea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are smart to stay separate, multiple people intermingling, the counting/testing/days gets very confusing, fast. You keep having to start over and it never seems to end.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can both have ice cream for breakfast - since you had a proper dinner last night!
    I hope Stew is negative today, I have heard of lots of families where someone does not get it. Not sure how one person can pick it up in the community and have no idea how, and another person can sleep next to them sick with Covid and still not get it! So strange!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous6:50 AM

    I know that felt good to you out there hosing the concrete off. It is always nice to do a little chore after being so ill. Keeping my fingers crossed for Stew! XO, Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.