Monday, March 21, 2022

RAIN???

Today Stew is back in the office. He will enjoy that. Half his staff either have Covid or are in isolation due to family having it!  So lots of work to do with so many away.

I'm looking forward to the rain today.  If we get it. We did get a little last night, but not enough to go dance in it.

I'm also looking forward to a normal week.  And that starts with housework for me.

I always do at least two loads of washing on a Monday.

Then a general tidy up around the house.

So... let's get on with it.


AND YES!
We have rain, heaps of rain.  It's glorious.  And cool.  OMG so nice and cool.

9.55 am:  
I'm sitting in the lounge.
Still in my nightie.
I've had me breakfast. 
And I'm watching TV!  
Yep, never usually turn the telly on in the morning.
I don't even feel guilty.

I can do whatever I want eh?

I might get up and do me jobs soon.  But this programme I'm watching is just too good!

'Say Yes To The Dress'... and one of the brides wants a NAKED DRESS!  Crazy.  

11.31 am:  And I decided, seeing as it was so lovely and cool, and RAINING... I'd take myself off for a walk.

ABOVE:  I took the 'long' way around to Steve 'n' Bex's home.

It rained heavily most of the way, AND there was thunder and lightening too.  Such fun.

ABOVE:  We looked like drowned rats!  At least me nipples WERE NOT showing through my wet t-shirt!
Luckily, Bex was home!  She drove me home again.
I'm sure I could have walked home if necessary, but I don't want to push myself too much yet.

Off to the shower now!

3.37 pm:  Well, we had a massive thunder storm around lunchtime, then it just slowly cleared up.
Now we are living in a friggin sauna.

I hope that's not it for the wet weather?

I had a nap after lunch.  Have not done a single thing since.  There's a load of washing to hang out, so I suppose I'll do that next.  

7.32 pm:  I did a hasty grocery grab late this afternoon.  I had a craving for salad stuff, so stocked up on a few.
Then Stew and I ended up having a pasta dish for dinner!  lol

Never mind, it will be salad tomorrow night for sure.

It's been a super lazy day today!  I haven't even hung out that washing yet.  Far out.  Better get to that now.

8 comments:

  1. Have a great week Chris my week is pack pack pack...but today ive got 11 things on my to do list in Ashburton so there will be no packing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the good program "Say yes to the Dress"?
    I am always looking for good shows to watch. I like "reality" shows - but tend to lean more towards cooking, art, or making type competitions. But a dress show could be fun too. I seem to enjoy brainless, plotless, shows at bedtime. No need to remember plots or characters and so on. I even found a DOMINOES show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking in a thunderstorm, bliss! Glad to see you up and about but not overdoing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays6:41 PM

    Good to catch up on the post again and see what you been up to some lovely photos of the grandchildren. Good on you doing the walk today it’s good that you’re pacing yourself though I’m just doing things if you feel like it.

    Your garden work is really nice.
    We miss the green green grass of home LOL
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had the rain & thunder & lightning this morning when I took Sio to work. Nearly drowned my car in a very large puddle the backwash from the bus on the other side of the road made the water go over the roof of my car. Then this afternoon it was hot & sunny& 25+ degrees & I had the flipping fan on full to try & get some air 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:24 AM

    Glad the electrolytes got you back up and running. You are a whirlwind!! Does the new driveway start this week? I am so excited for you to have it done and dusted!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got about 5 minutes of rain the other day. Hopefully we get some more soon or it is going to be another really dry year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.