Wednesday, March 09, 2022

COVID ISO DAY 10

TESTING DAY 10.

We are both doing a RAT test today, to see where we are at.

I SHOULD test negative today, if all the information is correct.  It's 10 days since my first positive test, and I no doubt had the damn Covid a couple of days prior to that.  So, let's cross our fingers for a NEGATIVE today!

As for Stew, if he tests Negative today, he might have totally dodged the bullet.  But we can't breath easy on him yet, you can test Positive up to 2, 2 and a half weeks after contact with a positive person.

So... that's ALL I am planning on doing this morning.  

I'm guilty of forgetting to mention this, it was COCO'S birthday yesterday.  She turned 12.  She's doing well, she's not slowed down that much yet.  Just the occasional hick up when she gets stressed or over tired.

Oh, it was also my Dad's Birthday yesterday.  Dad would have been 88, but died aged 66.  Time sure in hell flies!  

Do you have any idea how HARD it is to blog when all you do all day is REST?  Pfffff.


AND... the results are in:

ABOVE:  WE are both NEGATIVE!
I am FREE!
Even though I still have all the symptoms, I no longer have Covid.  That's a bit weird, but never mind.

We are cautiously optimistic that Stew will continue to test Negative.  He's still sticking to his theory that taking Berocca every day has kept him from catching it.  Well, that and being vaccinated and being 'THE MAN'.  Yeah right.

Stew is already saying he's going back into the office tomorrow.  He'll have two days in the office, then next week, working from home again.

Me?  I will stay home today and probably tomorrow too.  Just to be safe.  I shall do very little, and hopefully in a couple more days I will actually start to FEEL better?  For now though, I'm going back to bed to REST.

ANON:  NO you are incorrect.  Lacy has been using a separate bathroom from Stew and I.   She is totally separate from us in every way.
We have closed off 'our' end of the house from her, we are NOT mixing and mingling at all.  
I have talked to her on the driveway, keeping a safe distance from her.

If she walks through the garage to use her bathroom, she spays air sanitiser all around her 'pathway'.  
We have taken EVERY precaution known to man in fact.

Now that I am NEGATIVE, I do not have to backtrack and start again because someone else has it in the house (Lacy).   Read up on it please, so you are better informed.  Thanks.

ABOVE:  My source of information.

LINE EYES???   I was like.... is there a faint line on my test?  I was a little bit like maybe?
So I took another test using Lacy's test kits, a different brand.
And YEAH.... there's a faint line still.  So, almost out of the woods, but not quite.  Home for a couple more days.

I am literally gobsmacked!
Our Government has just announced that Covid Positive people can leave isolation after only 7 days, effective midnight Friday.
Like WTF?  You are still POSITIVE on Day 7. 
So right, lets all go willy nilly out into the general population and spread COVID everywhere!
That is CRAZY.

Lacy is on Day 5 and her RAT test this morning was HUGELY POSITIVE!  Like a huge FAT RED LINE.

Why am I bothering to stay home now?  

SIMPLE.  I do not plan on giving this shit virus to ANYONE if I can help it.

This morning I did some more unpicking, and rearranged a few of those runners.

Then I got sick of doing that, so I went outside and chipped up more asphalt:


ABOVE:  This was the VERY tricky area... power and internet wires, water connection and a downpipe to work around.

ABOVE:  But I did it, and a bit more from around the bricks too.  The sun started killing me, so I stopped after that.


ABOVE:  The pile of chipped up asphalt grows bigger!  
I feel like the more I can remove from the 'tricky' places, the easier the job will be for the concrete company.
That is why I'm doing it.

I tried really hard to rest this afternoon, but my mind was ticking over with another job I wanted to do.
So I did it.  Not a biggie, just changing the gate in the dogs garage pen, so it now has a bigger gate that I can get the laundry trolley through now.

Photos tomorrow.

For now, I'm thinking of what to do for dinner. 

And.... tonight we are having some Spaghetti Bolognese mix that I made and froze earlier this year, with noodles.  Easy peasy.

I am so happy with how much I got done today... more than I've done in over a week that's for sure.  I love it when I am productive. 

Near catastrophe! We were down to ONE bottle of Diet Coke in the fridge.  So, because he's symptom free and has done 10 days in Isolation, Stew went to the supermarket this evening.

We are now stocked up with Diet Coke and a few treats to last us a week or longer!

Stew said the supermarket shelves were quite empty!  Oh well... I'm sure we will survive.
You just have to adjust to what's available eh?

Signing off for the day .... looking forward to tomorrow, when life kinda gets back to normal for us.


20 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:34 AM

    Haven't you been using same bath room as lacy which means technically you are still in isolation because a new case and household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for a couple of negatives today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news on the negative tests Chris. I was just reading that vaccinated people can test negative, even when symptomatic, as the viral load is low at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are correct Chris. Also this which is clearer from the covid website:

    When you can leave self-isolation:
    If someone else in your household tests positive, you do not need to restart your isolation period. You can complete your isolation at the same time as the first person in your household who had COVID-19 if:

    - your day 10 test was negative
    - you have no new or worsening symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Hopefully I am imagining things - but isn't there a line on Stew's last test as well? Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Woohoo you two. I'm so happy for you. CONGRATULATIONS!! glad you're going to have a couple more days at home to get your energy back. I'm glad you've written about your experience. It gives us an insight of what to expect if we get it. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't see a line on either of your tests. But if you have no pressing matters out of the house - just stay in. Do a puzzle or peel up the driveway.
    What is your concrete driveway plan? I thought you had mentioned colored concrete. Will it be a solid color? Or a pattern? Or what? We used "acid stain" on concrete floors in our home. Not the same as concrete stain. It turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs and continued healing for you. I understand how you feel. I hate being under "house arrest". I hope Lacy is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You might show as positive but you are not infectious. That is why it's down to day 7. You are only infectious early on so if you feel well enough to go out then go :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can still test positive weeks later,but you are no longer contagious. I think here in Texas,we only have to isolate for 5 days. I had it in December and was sick for 11 days. I didnt get energy back for about 5 weeks,but I went back to work after 2 weeks off. Now I have shingles and this is so much worse than Covid. I could be off for up to 6 weeks now. Plus you will have immunity from Covid,so maybe Stew wont get it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:09 PM

    If you have tested negative then you can definitely go out if you want to but with the same precautions as before, ie mask and social distancing. It is a personal choice and if you don't want to risk giving covid to anyone, then stay home for another couple of days. For nearly two years I didn't know of anyone that had contracted covid but now I hear of cases every day - I think we will definitely all end up with Omicron in the end. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you are both testing negative. RATS tests reminds me of rats in a laboratory, which we kind of are, with the covid mandates and advice flip flopping from day to day and week to week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's just a shambles people are getting ao confused. Good on you for not sharing the goobies 🤣 I haven't been out for 3 weeks apart from work and the supermarket 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to hear you are recovering. I have been told you can have the virus in your system for 30 days, but are only infectious for the first 7 - 10. Hard to know there is so much conflicting information out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There sure is! It's just one change after another over here, very, very confusing and frustrating.

      Delete
  15. Krissy has left a new comment on your post "COVID ISO DAY 10":

    Hi Chris, so happy to see you have tested negative. Things might be different in NZ but in Australia you still have to isolate if you have symptoms, regardless of your test result. Worth checking maybe. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Chick, managed to delete your comment by mistake.

      Delete
  16. So happy for you Chris. That was a long ten days. Hope you feel stronger every day.
    My daughter and two kids have covid and live in a tiny house. Theyve isolated my covid free son in law to one bedroom. He takes a test daily so he can go to work. Negative all the way. Some people get it and some dont

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you were able to restock your Diet Coke. The chipping looks good. Great idea to do the tricky parts for the new driveway crew so hopefully no more disasters. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great to hear you tested negative. Rest up and feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.