Saturday, March 19, 2022

FINALLY SATURDAY

 This past week has really dragged on.  I was sure yesterday was Saturday.

But now it is, and I'm not sure what we have on our agenda.

Possibly trying to get some of the dead grass and weeds off the back lawn?

I'm tempted to go and hire a tiller, or similar, to turn the soil over.

Must talk to Stew about that.

This afternoon is dedicated to grandkids.

Dante and Archer are coming over to play with Miss Muppet.  I'm sure they will have a blast together.

I am thinking of doing a 'finger food' type dinner for them... something fun.  A Platter even!

ABOVE:  Me and our darling granddaughter.  

I am still feeling much better!   I think I'm actually over it now.

But I'm taking the electrolytes a bit longer, to keep my energy levels up.

Might even be time to slap some face on again.  I've not worn any makeup in weeks!

Though all I usually wear is some mascara, eye liner and shadow, and lippy.  But yeah, feeling so much more like myself.


Up nice and early this morning, for a Saturday!
First thing...

ABOVE:  Watching balloons float by.  They are magical.

Then I went to the supermarket and got supplies for this evenings dinner.
It's going to be a lovely Platter.  The kids will love it.

It's nearly 10 am, and we are going to be heading out into the garden soon.  Stew is, shall we say, less than impressed with my plans for the morning.

So... the plans for the lawn have changed.  We went out there and yep:

ABOVE:  Look dead eh?  Like we have sprayed it with weed killer TWICE now.

ABOVE:  Get up close though, and you see this.
Some sort of creeper spreading out all over the place, NOT DEAD.  Not dead at all.
Goddam it.

So, Stew has sprayed it with a much stronger solution of weed killer.  
Now we wait again.
I refuse to put down new topsoil and grass seed knowing it's got that shit growing all through it.

So.... I think Stew is giving it an hour or so to sink in, then he might start actually turning the top over.  Not going to 'till' it either.  If we hired a 'tiller' it would only be able to do the middle bit, so would be a total waste of money.

ABOVE:  Miss Muppet being very helpful this morning, she helped pick up asphalt and put it in a pile.

ABOVE:  I 'helped' Stew with this front garden.  There was some sort of creeper plant that needed to be pulled out.
It's taking him forever too.

ABOVE:  Keera turned into a monkey, and spent quite a bit of time up the tree.  Cute little bugger.

ABOVE:  A special dinner, for no reason at all.
And the kids are loving it.

8.49 pm:  It's been a lovely day, the kids have enjoyed themselves, and that's the main thing.
Lacy took them all to the park after dinner, ran off some of their sugar highs! 😋😊😅

Now all is quiet again.  Kids are either back at their own home, or about to go to bed.

Time to say, catch ya tomorrow.

17 comments:

  1. We have dug up sections of lawn to put in stone, paths, beds, clean up lines, etc. And we did it ourselves. We did not kill the grass. I was able to get a shovel under it and it came up in big sections. I sort of ran the shovel under the root base and it came up easily. My husband then pounded the excess dirt off and put the sod in the compost bin.

    We were not removing the whole lawn, but did do big sections.

    We then raked and smoothed and added good dirt, so it was a very clean base, no clods, no roots.

    If you till it, in my opinion, you are going to have to rake up all the clods and roots. Otherwise I think that might create a very uneven base.

    As for weeds, I would hand spray them with a good weed killer and make sure they are very very dead, if you decide to till, first. If you do not remove the weed roots, but just till them in, I think they will come back unless they are really dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you are on the mend! And, a long distance hello to Keera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic to hear that you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:20 AM

    Yhats great news Chris. Wonderful news. Just don't overdo things and get worn out. Keera loves her grandma. She looks so happy. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good pics of you and Keera. In that picture yesterday with her Mom,she looks just like Lacy. Such a cute girl! Hope you have a great family day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keera looks so happy. Lovely to see. As for the grass - it is evil stuff to get rid of. Especially the runner type like you seem to have. Unless you want to keep it and then it will turn up its toes if you look at it sideways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your lawn! We have done this three times over the years... even to the point of getting ready lawn and professionals etc. Each time we killed the grass and weeds and I would go around and cut out any weeds I could see. It was all to no avail, our lawn again is dreadful so we've literally given up and we're putting in a vehicle pad for the motorhome and the rest we will just mow (weeds and all).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:47 PM

      The problem is that weed seeds blow in from surrounding areas. I can remember my grandmother in England down on hands and knees digging weeds out of the lawn by hand. I put up with the weeds as long as they are green. Audrey

      Delete
  8. So glad you are feeling better and enjoying the weekend. Keera looks so happy. Her eyes show it. She certainly is a cutie 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:41 PM

    Love that photo of Keera. So pretty. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh Keera is a very pretty young girl congratulations Lacy 👍👍 the food platters look fabulous great idea 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy day my gosh Keera is growing growing, what a great help she is.
    Amazing platter what a super idea..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love that 2nd pic of you and Keera, that's a keeper.

    Love the platter, can see the grandies love it ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:25 AM

    It's good to see the family coming around now that covid is gone. What all is on the food tray, Chris, I can't tell, but it looks yummy!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate those creeper plants. I need to do something about them this year too as they started making headway into my yard last year. I bet the kids loved eating off that huge tray of food:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have that crab grass everywhere it is horrible. Love the platter the kids looked like they enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous2:08 PM

    Bloody weeds/crappy grass! I feel your pain!! We keep spraying & they just keep growing! Very Cute Miss Muppet :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.