Friday, March 25, 2022

THAT WAS SO YUM

Last night Stew and I had some of Bex's Feijoa cake for dessert.

It was so yum!  But NOT too sweet.  We didn't feel like we were having something 'bad' for us at all.

ABOVE:  There's enough left for us to have another piece or two over the next couple of days.

ABOVE:  I saw this on Facebook the other day.  I can see me using that idea to design a Cat Table Runner.
Gosh, I've got so many projects either on the go, or in my head!
I can't wait till my motivation and energy come back fully.

I have enough projects to keep me occupied for the next 10 years I reckon.  😊😏

As for today?   I'm going to vacum the house.  I washed all the floors yesterday and that felt awesome.  Getting on top of the housework makes me happy.

And that's all for now.
Catch ya later.



ABOVE:  Just remembered this!  It's so funny.  And true.


We now have a final timeline for the new driveway. 
Preparation 1st and 2nd of April, and concrete down on Monday the 4th.  How exciting!

I've also got a dental appointment on the 4th, which means I will be fairly distracted while at the dentists.  This is a good thing!

It's been a quiet morning here.  I'm not in a hurry to do the vacuming! lol

If anything, I might leave it for Stew to do tomorrow... my back will thank me for it.

I am absolutely LOVING the cooler temperatures, and the steady patches of rain.  No more having to water the garden to keep things alive.

ABOVE:  I decided to sew.... 

ABOVE:  I even did some 'Free Motion' sewing!  It's a skill I  have not mastered yet.  But every now and then I give it a go.

ABOVE:  I am now going to sit down, get comfy and stitch these buttons on.
All of these 'nautical' runners will have something different on them.  That's what makes it fun for me, cos I hate mindless repetition. 
Though I hate sewing buttons on... 💩😝.

Feijoa cake recipe in comments.  Thanks Bex.  You can add a bit more feijoa if you like your cakes a bit more moist.

Stew and I had Pork Meatballs, noodles, red onions and mushrooms for dinner.




Now.  Just watching telly for the remainder of the evening.  Then off to bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.

20 comments:

  1. LOL on Diddly squat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Hahahaha...Diddly! That is me to a T!! Glad you are feeling some better! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍👍👍 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:09 PM

    I love the buttons on the runner. Makes it all pop! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about the recipe?? 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I'd love the recipe. We have 3 feijoa trees and since they're not popular fruit in Australia people don't want them. I love them fresh and make jam from them but another option would be good. It's funny how they're such a kiwi thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you not sew buttons on with your machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The machine does do it, but it's complicated and long winded and I'd rather just do it myself!

      Delete
  8. Feijoa cake

    50 grams butter
    3/4 sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla essence
    1 1/2  blended feijoas
    1 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp baking powder
    2 cups flour 

    Cream butter and sugar, add egg mix  and feijoa and vanilla,  mix in baking soda and powder wait a minute then mix in flour don't over mix it tho then bake on 180°c for 40 to 50 mins enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris, you are a cheeky bugger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? What did I say that was cheeky?

      Delete
    2. It’s a secret.

      Delete
  10. What do Feijoas taste like, I have never tried one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste like.... FEIJOAS. They have their own unique taste.

      Delete
    2. Well, thanks, that was a myriad of information . Lol

      Delete
  11. Apparently the tadte of Juicy Fruit gum was based on feijoas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kiwionholidays12:14 AM

    What a neat photo of the two girls in your night night Picture
    apple didn’t fall far from the tree
    Can really see the likeness
    Jealous much of the feijoa cake
    What a gem Bex is as well ,,

    Enjoy your weekend there

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a relaxing weekend. Cake looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.