Sunday, March 06, 2022

COVID ISO DAY 7

Just 4 more days until I'm released from Covid House Arrest!

Well.... as long as I get a negative test result of course.

My biggest question now is, if Stew tests positive today, will that affect my ability to leave the house once I test negative?

Or do I have to then start on Day One again with Stew?   I suppose I will find out if Stew tests positive eh?

Stew won't be impressed if he does test positive, because that means he will have been in Covid Isolation for 7 days because of ME, PLUS THEN another 10 days for himself.

I will be testing him shortly...  I will post his result here.

I told you yesterday that I'd been chipping away at removing the asphalt from my house edges, this is how it's looking:

ABOVE:  I slid a small chisel under the edge then just pulled it up!  Seriously, I could have removed so much more, but I'll leave that to the Concrete company at the end of the month.

I'm still gobsmacked at the sheer bad quality of the asphalt, and the workmanship was abysmal.


ABOVE:  See how much of our concrete garden edging he just covered with asphalt?  It came off super easy too.  It was never going to stay there on it's own, that's for sure.

ABOVE:  I got to in front of the garage door yesterday.  Today I hope to pull it up all along the front of the garage door at least.
Once I've got it all cleared away from the edges, I can wash the tar off the bricks and door with petrol.

I was about to say Stew and I were gunna go looking for a lovely big pot for around the back... then remembered we are in friggin COVID ISOLATION.

Grrrrrr.  I'm totally over not being allowed off the property!

Lacy has been stuck here for a week already, and now has another 9 days to go!  

So.   I don't know what Stew will get up to today.  Maybe he can vacuum the house... if he's well!  lol


8.39 am;  First thing I did after getting outta bed.  Test the man.

ABOVE:  And.... a BIG FAT NEGATIVE!
Like how the F&#K is he staying negative????

He reckons it's down to him drinking Berocca every morning (tongue in cheek).  Maybe his immune system is just stronger?

There's still time is all I can say.

Me?  Feeling much the same as the past two days.  Still not 100%, but not as bad as those first few days.  I can function at this level.

3.31 pm:  Well maybe, just maybe, I did too much yesterday.  Cos I've had no energy today at all.
I went outside to start chipping away more asphalt but came in after only a few minutes!
What a pussy!

Stew made me lunch then I went to bed and dozed on and off for 3 hours.

Lacy is doing well.  No headache or much of anything.  Mild cold type symptoms.  Lucky bitch.

9.42 pm:  Well it's been another ruddy boring day!  The only positive thing to day was I didn't feel any worse.
I think Lacy is starting to feel pretty yuk now though. 
Stew?  Healthy as a horse.

Time to sign off, another riveting day to look forward to tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:59 AM

    It is possible Stew has already had mild covid and been asymptomatic and maybe Berocca does help with the immune system. Don't wish it on him, lol. Don't overdo things in the next few days just because you are feeling a bit better. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that stew's tested negative! In Australia I believe that once your isolation is finished, you’re free to move around, but if Stew tests positive, he has to start the isolation again. It’s always best to be the first one to test positive!!! Fingers crossed he stays negative 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter and grandson had Covid and my son-in-law law didn’t get it and all were living together with no pre cautions at all. Very selective isn’t it 🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:25 AM

    Lol Stew is Stew. Does he ever get sick? I know he needed surgery back in PN and it was postponed so we set up the board room as an operating theater complete with 4x2s etc lol but I can't remember Jim being off sick??
    You take care Chris. So determined my friend lol. You don't want a relapse! Kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Stew is okay, hope he remains so. That is sad how easy you can remove the asphalt. I am so glad you got your money back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A close friend has done 4 RAT tests before it was positive!!! She'd been unwell sore throat etc for 8 days prior, she thought it was hayfever/allergies. We're on the garlic big time plus lots of fruit and veggies. Went to the dump took the other half but thought I should bring him home again 🤣💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Stew symptom free? You mentioned he might be getting a headache yesterday. If he has symptoms, he may be getting false negative readings. (Are your procedures to do both nostrils?)

    Here, as soon as you have served your days, are symptom free AND testing negative, you are free.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the same as Vickie --- RAT tests are not very accurate sometimes. That is why there are so many more people out and about with Covid who do not realise it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been under a lot of stress lately and that will make you more susceptible. My son and his two daughters got it (they were too young to be jabbed) but his wife was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's only my first day, give it a few more, I'm sure I'll get worse, last night was rough, not much sleep and sinuses.
    #TheAwesomnessInTheStudio 😀💙

    ReplyDelete
  11. It took me 8 days and Scott 10 to test positive after Trevor. Just when we thought we were out of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy to hear you are on the mend. Stew is unscathed . And Lacy has a mild case! Fortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chris and Lacy take care. I’m sure the asphalt can wait Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.